U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,767,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Mostly all little League teams do it!
The good ones just never get Caught doing it. JRW must have some real haters in their District. Some of Leagues in their own district are the ones that ratted them out.
The coach that caused all the trouble was mad because they humiliated his team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 10:43 AM

7,899 posts, read 3,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
They cheated, period.

This should be plastered all over the place and made into a spectacle in every school so that kids will see that cheating is wrong and in the end, when you cheat you lose.

That won't happen though. By the time the Jacksons and Sharptons get done, this will turn into another episode of why someone just trying to achieve something got stomped on. So long as that someone is black.

Of course this isn't about race, it is about cheating. But lets be honest, it will become about race because of people like I mentioned above.
Yes, but you left out two primary major groups who are responsible. The liberal media and the liberal (D's) which help fuel divisive debates like this. They do it for ratings and to try to divide people for their own political gains.

`

Old 02-12-2015, 10:56 AM

3,396 posts, read 5,973,012 times
There are only two groups to blame - the JRW coaches who redrew the map and the Little League officials (at both the district and international level) who signed off on it multiple times throughout the season, and continued to stand by it until yesterday.

Any player or parent who had any concerns about if they were eligible to play for the team would have been told by Little League officials at all levels that they were eligible. The JRW coaches who started this weren't hiding any player's residence, because what they had done was to get a district level Little League official to change the team boundaries for their benefit. For over 8 months the International organization strongly backed the district official's decision, even though it went against Little League procedures for changing boundaries. They should have stopped it before the season began, instead of backing the bogus decision for the whole season.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:56 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,767,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
They cheated, period.

This should be plastered all over the place and made into a spectacle in every school so that kids will see that cheating is wrong and in the end, when you cheat you lose.

The kids didn't cheat . In fact maybe they were too good. Parent claims Little League whistleblowers also cheated

Of course this isn't about race, it is about cheating. But lets be honest, it will become about race because of people like I mentioned above.
Even though it was a white coach who started and perused this I don't think that was racial. He got beat 43-2 and was humiliated. I think he would had done the same had it been a white team from an affluent area.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
The team didn't cheat (the black kids) it was the coach that did the cheating.
The kids are just victims of the coach's irresponsibility.

But you really gotta hate black people to be happy that the news media bash a team of 12 year old kids whose championship title is taken away because of their coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You are right, because the "Good ol' boy network" culture always takes care of it because it gets out to the public.

I see someone looks at life through a racial lens, and has a heavy racial chip on their shoulders.

I guess only blacks are penalized for cheating. Oh wait, didn't an entire team get penalized because of one player, Danny Almonte, was caught? That's right, it was probably because he is brown. Another example of our racists society.
I guess only blacks and browns are penalized for cheating. Oh wait, didn't the team from Zamboanga City get penalized for cheating? Oh wait, it was probably because they were yellow. Another example of how racist we are only picking on minorities.
I guess only blacks, browns, and yellows are penalized for cheating. Oh wait, didn't Peachtree City and other white teams get penalized when they were caught cheating?
How do those square pegs fit into your round holes?

You need to clean your lens and brush off that chip my friend.
The world is not perfect, but our society is one of the best places on this earth for people to live freely and get ahead. We are not perfect either, but life here is a lot better than the divisive liberals and race baiters would have you believe.

`

Last edited by Vector1; 02-12-2015 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 02-12-2015, 11:33 AM

7,183 posts, read 7,515,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Predominately whites team have been stripped of titles. This is not about race.

Metro Atlanta Little League team stripped of state championship - CBS46 News

"Upon the review of the Peachtree City National Little League's affidavit, the Little League Tournament Committee, in conjunction with the Southeast Regional Office, found that Peachtree City National Little League had violated Little League regulations, which led to the disqualification of their Little League tournament team.
Thanks for Starting the thread
Sadly Some people want to make this about Race just because they saw Jesse Jackson in the background
I'm done posting until those said people want to talk about the issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
There are only two groups to blame - the JRW coaches who redrew the map and the Little League officials (at both the district and international level) who signed off on it multiple times throughout the season, and continued to stand by it until yesterday.

Any player or parent who had any concerns about if they were eligible to play for the team would have been told by Little League officials at all levels that they were eligible. The JRW coaches who started this weren't hiding any player's residence, because what they had done was to get a district level Little League official to change the team boundaries for their benefit. For over 8 months the International organization strongly backed the district official's decision, even though it went against Little League procedures for changing boundaries. They should have stopped it before the season began, instead of backing the bogus decision for the whole season.
Another great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Even though it was a white coach who started and perused this I don't think that was racial. He got beat 43-2 and was humiliated. I think he would had done the same had it been a white team from an affluent area.
This is true. We had a little league team 3 years ago in my area get disqualified for beating teams this bad. As everything unfolded it was determined that they had 2 players that did not live in the district.

Here's an article on it!
Quote:
Last week, I watched a Little League playoff game in Santee. Norman Rockwell would have pulled out his sketch pad.
Seed-chewing spectators sitting on lawn chairs in the beds of pickups backed up to the right-field fence. The setting sun casting a golden light show on this exquisite stage of American play.
I’d driven out to see the Rancho San Diego Dawgs. Last year, this group won the state 10- and 11-year-old championship, prompting World Series dreams among coaches and parents. Could Rancho San Diego be the Chula Vista of 2011? They were loaded. But to go all the way, did the future 11-12 team need more pitching? More bats? You can’t have too much. Look at the Yankees.
When the Dawgs took off their hats Tuesday for the anthem, a slight shock: Each boy had peroxided his hair. On the backstop hung dog bones, one for each player. These kids meant business.
In an earlier game in the District 41 playoffs, Rancho San Diego mugged Rios Canyon 20-0 in four innings (thank God for mercy rules). Shortly thereafter, a protest was filed with Little League headquarters in Williamsport, Pa. Two Rancho San Diego players — the three and four hitters — were banished. Officials “determined that these players did not establish a residence of bona fide continuous habitation.” Moreover, “these players attempted to established (sic) residence for the sole purpose of participating in the Rancho San Diego Little League International Tournament.”
Williamsport also decreed the forfeiture of the victory over Rios Canyon. The Dawgs, however, would retain their earlier tournament wins. They were still alive in the double-elimination tournament. But Little League reserved “the right to take further action concerning the eligibility of the entire Rancho San Diego 11-12 year old tournament team if additional information is presented.”
Let’s go back nearly six months.
On Jan. 21, an anonymous letter was sent to the western region Little League director alleging a conspiracy to stack Rancho San Diego’s all-star team with “stud” players from outside the team’s boundaries. The letter, which went to local Little League officials as well as the media, warned of three terrific players on the San Diego Stars — a traveling team that has developed major leaguers like Adrian Gonzales and Troy Glaus — registering to play Little League in Rancho San Diego. As possible ringers with phony addresses within the league’s boundaries, these Stars loomed as large as Big Ben.
“As much as I would love to see another local team make it to the Little League World Series,” the unidentified parent wrote in January, “I hereby request that Little League Baseball promptly begin a full, in depth investigation. ... It is just not fair to kids with the RSDLL league, and other leagues that must face RSDLL in tournament play. ... Remember the bad taste left by the Danny Almonte scandal? This would make that look pale in comparison.”
The whistle-blower, who appears to have been ignored, proved largely prophetic. Two of the players he named wound up as the three and four hitters of the all-star Dawgs.
World Series dreams called out on double steal Page 2 of 2 | UTSanDiego.com

Old 02-12-2015, 01:21 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,303,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I'll bet MOST teams have a few ringer players from out of their area, but they get around it by saying that kid lives with a relative or whatever. This team just got caught. I think it is sickening the kids pay for the adults mistakes though. Most of those kids at that age wouldn't know about all the rules. I think they should have let this slide and warned all teams in the future that they would be checking this more closely. I find it interesting they targeted a black team. After seeing how Obama gets treated, it really showed me how racist America is. This team was targeted initially due to their race IMHO. Wonder if the new champs are squeaky clean? I doubt it.
They weren't targeted.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:26 PM

11,356 posts, read 6,424,031 times
They cheated and got caught. Other people must do it is a silly defense. What kind of lesson does that teach 12 yr olds? It's ok to lie/cheat/steal if you don't get caught?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
MLB has too few US-born black stars

Do you feel the NBA has too few white stars?
Or does your belief system only allow for not enough minorities in a certain sport?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:45 AM

2,543 posts, read 1,776,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Do you feel the NBA has too few white stars?
Or does your belief system only allow for not enough minorities in a certain sport?
The reason why baseball is lacking in American born blacks is due to lack of scholarship money. The best athletes go for basketball and football. Full rides!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or