U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:03 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,483,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
CNN's international feeds are much better, more serious, and more credible than what they serve up solely for their US customers. The int'l feeds can be found around the country either later at night or on separate channels altogether. If you watch TV news regularly you will be see a huge difference between the two.
I found this true when I lived in Europe for a few months. It was like a completely different channel. You'd hear significant stories from Asia and Africa that would never play in the US. Little if any entertainment coverage. Actually felt I was being informed, not being spoonfed pap.

What does that say about the US "news" audience? Media only gives the people what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 07:54 AM

3,689 posts, read 3,280,500 times
I really don't watch CNN at all. I regularly watch Fox and I sometimes switch over to MSNBC (for as long as I can stand it!) to get an opposing viewpoint.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:15 AM

682 posts, read 477,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy-Hunta-9 View Post
Everyone knows Faux News is an entertainment channel, anyway. GOP sheep are easily amused.
Indeed we are...especially by the ignorance of liberal toolboxes.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 AM

1,296 posts, read 774,311 times
Every time I see the phrase "Faux News" I know right away that the poster has the IQ of a thumb tack.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:23 AM

11,102 posts, read 9,086,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Every time I see the phrase "Faux News" I know right away that the poster has the IQ of a thumb tack.
C'mon now, thumb tacks know they have to stick in walls to hold papers up. They at least have an IQ.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:54 AM

251 posts, read 213,399 times
Fox News is where it is balanced & fair. (insert sarcasm below)

Old 02-12-2015, 01:32 PM

8,020 posts, read 3,772,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy-Hunta-9 View Post
Cluck, cluck, cluck --- don't you Tea Party turkeys ever think for yourself? Or you just happy spending the rest of your miserable lives regurgitating whatever Limbaugh or Hannity spews your way?

I guess you missed the message because you were to busy drinking your liberal koolaid. My point is simple, love or hate Fox, their news is not made up, it might not just jibe with your view of the world.

For example, when they were reporting Obamacare was a tax and provided proof in the language of the law, it was dismissed as false and propaganda to try and kill the bill. Yet the same critics who derided Fox for the story were high fiving when CJ Roberts declared it Constitutional based on it being a tax.
Then to prove the point even more, videos started to surface of Gruber(Obamacares main architect) saying it was a tax, but that had to be hidden to get it past the CBO, and essentially past the public who were too dumb to make such decisions for themselves. Now all we hear are crickets from those people blasting Fox for their original reporting. Any comment?

I am no tea party member, but I certainly do watch Fox, along with CNN and other news sources, including foreign sources like the BBC. I'd bet dollars to donuts I watch more sources of news than 90% of the American public.
My point which you so cleverly missed (assuming your post was not an intentional obfuscation) was that this thread is about CNN, not FOX. Yet liberals who don't even watch it, use this thread to divert from the topic at hand. I also pointed out how FOX may have an unfavorable slant toward the Obama admin, yet it does not mean what they are saying isn't true on some level.

Maybe now you have a better view of my point, assuming you are open-minded enough to see it or care.

`

Old 02-12-2015, 01:50 PM

29,976 posts, read 15,324,225 times
All 24-hour news services are crap. Get your news elsewhere.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:22 PM

2,762 posts, read 2,637,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiara4life View Post
Fox News is where it is balanced & fair. (insert sarcasm below)

My point is that CNN is becoming the liberal version of Fox. Even CNN money is not immune.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:24 PM

2,762 posts, read 2,637,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I guess you missed the message because you were to busy drinking your liberal koolaid. My point is simple, love or hate Fox, their news is not made up, it might not just jibe with your view of the world.

For example, when they were reporting Obamacare was a tax and provided proof in the language of the law, it was dismissed as false and propaganda to try and kill the bill. Yet the same critics who derided Fox for the story were high fiving when CJ Roberts declared it Constitutional based on it being a tax.
Then to prove the point even more, videos started to surface of Gruber(Obamacares main architect) saying it was a tax, but that had to be hidden to get it past the CBO, and essentially past the public who were too dumb to make such decisions for themselves. Now all we hear are crickets from those people blasting Fox for their original reporting. Any comment?

I am no tea party member, but I certainly do watch Fox, along with CNN and other news sources, including foreign sources like the BBC. I'd bet dollars to donuts I watch more sources of news than 90% of the American public.
My point which you so cleverly missed (assuming your post was not an intentional obfuscation) was that this thread is about CNN, not FOX. Yet liberals who don't even watch it, use this thread to divert from the topic at hand. I also pointed out how FOX may have an unfavorable slant toward the Obama admin, yet it does not mean what they are saying isn't true on some level.

Maybe now you have a better view of my point, assuming you are open-minded enough to see it or care.

`
FOX has a clear agenda when reporting the news. I don't want the news to tell me what to think. I want the facts and not being told whom I should hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or