U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 02:07 AM

10,869 posts, read 13,660,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
You think you have some special right to tell people what they can think.
You can think whatever you want, no matter how repugnant. Just don't insist that everyone conform to your way of thinking.

I'm sure there are some men who still believe that 19th amendment was a mistake. Probably not many. But certainly a few. They can think whatever they want. Just as long as they don't hinder any women on the way to the polls.

I'm also sure there are LOTS of people who think the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a major, major mistake. Less than in 1964, of course. But still an appalling number of people. They can think whatever it is that runs through their pea-brained troglodyte minds. Not my problem. Just don't try to hinder anyone on their way to school.

And it's the same with homosexual marriage. Denying homosexuals equal recourse to the law was always wrong. It was wrong 100 years ago. It was wrong during the Stonewall Riots. It was wrong for "Don't Ask Don't Tell." And it's wrong today. At least most people have realized how wrong it is. Most. Not all. But most.

Exclusively heterosexual people are a minority. So "majority rules" isn't applicable. Most complex life forms on Earth display homosexual traits. So "natural order" isn't applicable. And there aren't enough people who believe in one misogynistic, superstitious, scientifically-bankrupt book to form a quorum. So "religious edict" isn't applicable, either.

There is no logical reason to discriminate. There is no moral reason to discriminate. There isn't even a particularly good superstitious reason to discriminate. There is no reason to discriminate. Think whatever you'd like. I'm glad I don't live in your head. But that has no effect upon me. Deny my friends and neighbors the same rights that I enjoy, and that DOES have an effect on me.

Point blank -- I would rather be a heterosexual minority in a country run by homosexuals than live in a country ruled by homophobes. I lump homophobes in with holocaust deniers, moon landing hoaxers, and supply-side economists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 02:14 AM
B87

10,824 posts, read 6,922,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Oh brother, you cannot really be that obtuse.
For starters, hetro's engage in normal sexual behavior where as homo's do not(despite PC redefining shenanigans to the contrary)
You mean like how left-handed people do not engage in normal use of hands? Homosexuals make up a similar percentage of the population as left-handers (around 10%). Humans are not the only animal species where homosexuality is observed; it is seen in around 1500 different species.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:24 AM

10,869 posts, read 13,660,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
You mean like how left-handed people do not engage in normal use of hands? Homosexuals make up a similar percentage of the population as left-handers (around 10%). Humans are not the only animal species where homosexuality is observed; it is seen in around 1500 different species.
That's incorrect.

Exclusive heterosexuals represent a little less than 40% of the population. The majority of people have some homosexual tendencies. Maybe a little. Maybe a lot. Who cares? It's just sex.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:01 AM

7,713 posts, read 3,419,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Ahhh the animal homosexuality myth again. Several problems with that. Human beings are not animals, not even close. Human sexuality is more than mere physical sensations. We have levels of intimacy and relationship bonding. Homosexuality in animals is more about establishing a social role or dominance, marking one's territory, nothing to do with true same sex attraction.

Looking at the animal kingdom as a measuring stick for normality fails completely when you take in account other irrational immoral animal acts like killing or eating their young.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,558,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Gawd I am so tired of all this gay, lesibian, race, religion, transgender, and pot rights! etc!!

Some people are so self absorbed.

Quit taking up time with legislation and laws for more important issues.

And quit wasting tax payers money.

All for the sake of yourself or your group.
Im tired of it as well, its a shame in this day and age they have to have these laws in place to prevent job loss, or harassment. When will gays be allowed to just live their lives like anyone else does?
If you're not aware why these laws are in place its because gay people could get fired for being gay. They just want to be left alone. Sometimes it takes a law to protect that right.
I'm thankful for women's rights protected by law, we needed it as we were prevented from living a normal productive life in this country at one point and time. I like the fact that I can vote now.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:51 AM
B87

10,824 posts, read 6,922,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Ahhh the animal homosexuality myth again. Several problems with that. Human beings are not animals, not even close. Human sexuality is more than mere physical sensations. We have levels of intimacy and relationship bonding. Homosexuality in animals is more about establishing a social role or dominance, marking one's territory, nothing to do with true same sex attraction.

Looking at the animal kingdom as a measuring stick for normality fails completely when you take in account other irrational immoral animal acts like killing or eating their young.
Since when were humans not part of the animal kingdom? Last time I checked, humans were primates, which belong to the mammals, most definitely animals.

Humans also kill their young, or eat one another (or commit immoral acts because an imaginary man in the sky - a rehash of an ancient Sumerian myth - ordered them to).

Old 02-13-2015, 07:24 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,654,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You can think whatever you want, no matter how repugnant. Just don't insist that everyone conform to your way of thinking.

I'm sure there are some men who still believe that 19th amendment was a mistake. Probably not many. But certainly a few. They can think whatever they want. Just as long as they don't hinder any women on the way to the polls.

I'm also sure there are LOTS of people who think the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a major, major mistake. Less than in 1964, of course. But still an appalling number of people. They can think whatever it is that runs through their pea-brained troglodyte minds. Not my problem. Just don't try to hinder anyone on their way to school.

And it's the same with homosexual marriage. Denying homosexuals equal recourse to the law was always wrong. It was wrong 100 years ago. It was wrong during the Stonewall Riots. It was wrong for "Don't Ask Don't Tell." And it's wrong today. At least most people have realized how wrong it is. Most. Not all. But most.

Exclusively heterosexual people are a minority. So "majority rules" isn't applicable. Most complex life forms on Earth display homosexual traits. So "natural order" isn't applicable. And there aren't enough people who believe in one misogynistic, superstitious, scientifically-bankrupt book to form a quorum. So "religious edict" isn't applicable, either.

There is no logical reason to discriminate. There is no moral reason to discriminate. There isn't even a particularly good superstitious reason to discriminate. There is no reason to discriminate. Think whatever you'd like. I'm glad I don't live in your head. But that has no effect upon me. Deny my friends and neighbors the same rights that I enjoy, and that DOES have an effect on me.

Point blank -- I would rather be a heterosexual minority in a country run by homosexuals than live in a country ruled by homophobes. I lump homophobes in with holocaust deniers, moon landing hoaxers, and supply-side economists.

Ummm, I'm going to stop you right there. I have no issue with gay people, or with gays getting married, because quite frankly it isn't my business what 2 consenting adults do. However; don't try to sell us on being straight is being in the minority.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:15 AM

19,428 posts, read 9,756,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ummm, I'm going to stop you right there. I have no issue with gay people, or with gays getting married, because quite frankly it isn't my business what 2 consenting adults do. However; don't try to sell us on being straight is being in the minority.
He's talking about the Kinsey scale which says that only 10% of all people are strictly heterosexual and about 10% are strictly homosexual and most fall on a scale in between.

Some people think that the kinsey scale is flawed, but I agree with where the test put me on the scale. Can't say how it works for others.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:25 AM

685 posts, read 531,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Who tells their boss what their sexual orientation is? Are employers asking employees what their sexual orientation is? How can you protect or discriminate against someone unless they are being obnoxiously promiscuous about their sexual orientation, in which case maybe they should be fired (homo- or heterosexual).
Twenty years ago and longer, hiding was the name of the game. If you came out in the military, you could and would be released/fired (Clinton's idiotic idea). It is illegal for an employer to ask about one's partner/spouse. It doesn't take a whole lot for an employer to learn about an employee and no flaunting anything isn't necessary for this to happen.

We'll see what happens with this case. If it's left as is, we may see a slow return to the dark ages. But with the majority of the country pro-leaving us alone and giving us equal protection under the law. Dubious this case is over.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:27 AM

796 posts, read 1,337,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
He's talking about the Kinsey scale which says that only 10% of all people are strictly heterosexual and about 10% are strictly homosexual and most fall on a scale in between.

Some people think that the kinsey scale is flawed, but I agree with where the test put me on the scale. Can't say how it works for others.
Kinsey has come under fire and is being re-evaluated by many. why? because he and his cohorts used babies, children, and other vulnerable people to engage in sex experiments. He seems to have had an agenda. I would NOT rely too heavily on Kinsey.

There's a full length video called The Children of Table 34. (documentary on Kinsey research and full scale sex abuse of hundreds of children)
here's some info on it...
The Children of Table 34 - Alfred Kinsey's pedophile-based research - Canadian Liberty

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or