Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 05:54 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,483,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
So, you're saying that I'm "preaching to the choir"?
Yes. I support gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 06:13 PM

107 posts, read 132,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_lanka View Post
Exactly what needs to be done nationwide. The LGBT loons whine about wanting "equal rights" when they already have them. They only want MORE rights, special rights, to place them above everyone else simply because they chose to live a different lifestyle, and THAT is so epically wrong. Allowing those people to hold sway over the country and possess the authority to oppress and discriminate against anyone who doesn't worship them, is absolutely deplorable.
What special rights? I am still confused by this. What special rights are you all talking about? You all keep saying this but then you never explain what you are talking about, probably because LGBT people and supporters of equality are not actually seeking out 'special rights'.

And going back to the original purpose of this thread, they don't even have equal rights everywhere when they've been removed from anti-discrimination laws (that everyone else is in theory protected) by in a society with rampant homophobia.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:15 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,941,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcockatoo View Post
What special rights? I am still confused by this. What special rights are you all talking about? You all keep saying this but then you never explain what you are talking about, probably because LGBT people and supporters of equality are not actually seeking out 'special rights'.

And going back to the original purpose of this thread, they don't even have equal rights everywhere when they've been removed from anti-discrimination laws (that everyone else is in theory protected) by in a society with rampant homophobia.

as evidenced by several posters in this and other related threads......

Old 02-13-2015, 06:36 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,108,563 times
Quote:
Exactly what needs to be done nationwide. The LGBT loons whine about wanting "equal rights" when they already have them. They only want MORE rights, special rights, to place them above everyone else simply because they chose to live a different lifestyle, and THAT is so epically wrong. Allowing those people to hold sway over the country and possess the authority to oppress and discriminate against anyone who doesn't worship them, is absolutely deplorable.
How is not being able to be fired based on your sexual orientation or gender identity special rights for only homosexuals?

I wasn't aware that heterosexual wasn't a sexual orientation too.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:37 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,857,051 times
Quote:
Exactly what needs to be done nationwide. [b]The LGBT loons whine about wanting "equal rights" when they already have them.
Such as what? The right to marry isn't special. Heterosexuals have had that right for millenia. Gays do not have that right in some states yet. We do have that right in Kansas, BTW. Because we do, the homophobic governor is attempting to legislate homophobia on other ways. That's sickening.

Quote:
They only want MORE rights, special rights, to place them above everyone else simply because they chose to live a different lifestyle, and THAT is so epically wrong.
It's not a choice. And once again, have the same rights as heterosexuals does not mean special rights, and certainly doesn't place us above others.

Quote:
Allowing those people to hold sway over the country and possess the authority to oppress and discriminate against anyone who doesn't worship them, is absolutely deplorable.
"Hold sway over the country?" Is that you, KS Gov. Brownback?

Old 02-13-2015, 06:49 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,730,209 times
Quote:
It happens every time.

In the best Orwellian tradition, equality is labelled "special rights" - and with a straight face, no less.

Then the oppressors equate equality with themselves being oppressed.

People like you see rights as a zero sum game. You see someone else gaining rights, and you think it means you're losing something. It's selfish, short-sighted, and simply wrong. But predictable. Very, very predictable.

Every step of the way, humanity has had to drag part of its collective self kicking and screaming into the future. You regressives are always wailing hysterically that doom is nigh. And you're always wrong. Every single time. And you never, ever learn.

For someone clinging so tenaciously to the past, you're impressive in your refusal to actually learn anything from it.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:57 PM

5,774 posts, read 5,057,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeenGreen View Post
With the stroke of a pen, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback erased protections offered to LGBT state employees facing discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.

Governor orders end to LGBT protected class

What is more important than LGBT's 'rights', are American children who are brainwashed every school day. Because these children are the real victims! Where are our children's rights?
So, in 2015, we still have goons like you folks? apparently, progress isn't as real as I imagined.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:01 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,922,685 times
It's getting better. If the cross section of this thread is any indication, rational people outnumber the bigots by at least a 10:1 margin.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:20 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,191,995 times
I have never understood the problem. No one has ever kept the right to get married from anyone. What has happened is that a small percentage of people want to define what marriage is.

What we the people are doing is saying to a slim minority that they can do what ever they want. The political clout that such a small percentage of people has astounds me. I don't get it. I applaud this Governor for ending a political class that should not exist in the first place.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:49 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,163,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so you think our Framers/Founding Fathers would approve of how we are perverting not only the Constitution, but that we should "cut our own path" away from what they believed was best for the country?

Your half baked ideas about what our history means, and the goal of our nation needs more time in the oven.
Our founding fathers would be appalled by equal rights for women and minorities so clearly they're not the bastions of infallible morality you think them to be. They were brave, forward thinking men but they were still men, and men of their time. They couldn't possibly have predicted how complicated the world and humanity would become. To keep relying on them in in this day and age is really silly. I'm sorry that you think the founding fathers were gods, but this isn't North Korea. They were not omnipotent, they were not infallible, they weren't morally beyond reproach, and they didn't know everything.

And Christianity was not the framework for this country nor the unanimous religion of our founding fathers. We have a separation of church and state for a reason. I want religion as far away from legislation as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events