Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 02:38 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times

Advertisements

Are you seriously going to ry to convice the participants here that same-sex marriages produce dependent offspring, and the responsibilities that go with them, as readily as traditional marriages?

A very substantial portion of same-sex mariages involve individuals in their mature years who've squandered previous opportunities ... and now want the "safety net" to take up the slack; mny of us are aware of this from personal experience as neighbors, landlords, etc.

While you're popping that "corn" -- you might want to dig up some facts to go with it.

But f course, I'm sure that all the "unwed fathers", "baby daddies", and other detritus from the wreckage of what was once called "family responsibility" will be cheering you on.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-14-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 02:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
If you can't understand that the responsibilities of parenthood (and I fully recognize that many of those now in same-sex partnerships might have been parents of young children at one time) place greater burdens upon traditional marriages than upon same-sex unions, then you must be fairly ignorant of the daly resposibilites of adulthood.

But of course, among too many of the simplistic mob over there in LeftyLand, there persists a belief that there is a big pile of "stolen" wealth in a vault -- somewhere - that can be seized and redistributed in order to pay for it all.
Same sex couples have and raise kids all the time. How does me raising a family have any effect on someone else raising a family?

Old 02-14-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Are you seriously going to ry to convice the participants here that same-sex marriages produce dependent offspring, and the responsibilities that go with them, as readily as traditional marriages?

While you're popping that "corn" -- you might want to dig up some facts to go with it.

But f course, I'm sure that all the "unwed fathers", "baby daddies", and other detritus from the wreckage of what was once called "family responsibility" will be cheering you on.
Yes. I have 3 children. My same sex fiancee and I have raised them.

What do unwed father, and baby daddies have to do with the fact that same sex couples raise families?

How does same sex parents raising families harm opposite sex parents raising families?

Old 02-14-2015, 02:45 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
No idea. But I'm popping a double batch of corn in preparation. This is sure to be a beauty.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes. I have 3 children. My same sex fiancee and I have raised them.

What do unwed father, and baby daddies have to do with the fact that same sex couples raise families?

How does same sex parents raising families harm opposite sex parents raising families?
And I'm assuming that you came by those children from a previous heterosexual union; no problem, as long as the male who fathered them, rather than the taxpayers, many of whom also have responsibility for their own familes, is footing the biill.

But too often, that bill falls into an already-steressed safety net, and stronger enforcement of personal responsibility, rather than the sham of same-sex unions, is the correct remedy.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-14-2015 at 03:04 PM..

Old 02-14-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
And I'm assuming that you came by those children from a previous heterosexual union; no problem, as long as the male who fathered them, rather than the taxpayers, many of whom also have responsibility for their own familes, is footing the biill.

But too often, that bill falls into an already-steressed safety net, and stronger enforcement of personal responsibility, rather than the sham of same-sex unions, is the correct remedy.
Nope. Try again.

There are other means of getting pregnant than insert penis into vagina.

And our children are fully supported by my fiancee and I not state funds involved.

So tell me how same sex couples getting married harms heterosexual couples.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:09 PM

107 posts, read 133,451 times
****ing lol I bet some of you are now going to start telling people they're bad parents just 'cause they're in a same-sex relationship. popcorn really is a good idea.

another thing I don't understand is why does the so-called 'founding fathers' mostly being Christian have to do with anything? most overrated people in American history, and I'm not even saying that to downplay them or anything. it's just borderline crazy how people give them this pseudo-religious role in our society and always look to what they did as if they are infallible figures and that we must always take their opinions into consideration.

newsflash: a nation is not "founded"; nations are a process of evolution. a bunch of dead slave holders who represent only a small minority of Americans- even in their own time- but especially now, do not decide the future of human progress. America-as nearly everyone else- was an authoritarian state in those days and nothing we do should be modelled after them. in some ways the entire world is still authoritarian, and respecting the rights of LGBT people is an additional step in tearing down these forces that hold people down.

their views on gay marriage should have no role in the fate of LGBT rights in this country.

@2nd trick op: heterosexual couples get state benefits too. why are you so against homosexuals being eligible to receive benefits?

Old 02-14-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Nope. Try again.

There are other means of getting pregnant than insert penis into vagina.

And our children are fully supported by my fiancee and I not state funds involved.

So tell me how same sex couples getting married harms heterosexual couples.
It doesn't -- so long as full resposnibility is assumed. But I think most of us know that individual cases such as yours are more ofthen the exception than the norm.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
It doesn't -- so long as full resposnibility is assumed. But I think most of us know that individual cases such as yours are more ofthen the exception than the norm.
So again.

How does same sex marriage harm opposite sex parents?

You brought this topic up, now back it up.

You said that same sex couples make more money, and this somehow hurts opposite sex parents. If a couple makes more money they do not qualify for state benefits, so If a couple makes more money they are taking nothing from anyone.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcockatoo View Post
@2nd trick op: heterosexual couples get state benefits too. why are you so against homosexuals being eligible to receive benefits?
I'm against irresponsible "families", straight or gay. placing the burdens aristing from their conduct on the shoulders of responsible families, and responsible singles as well; nothing more and nothing less.

Obviously, we will all have to help clean up the mess, but I'm not going to apologize for calling our attention to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events