Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 03:09 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,171,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Two, cops are too trigger-happy nowadays, they are paranoid and act like everybody is a potential dangerous criminal. The Opie days are over. But instead of aiming to kill why don't they aim for the leg or something? The goal is to stop a suspect, not kill them, or at least that used to be the rule.
For the record, police officers have never been trained to "aim for the leg or something." Have you ever fired a handgun at a moving target? Particularly one who is threatening you with potentially deadly force? Police officers are trained -- and have always been trained -- to draw their weapons when confronting the use of deadly force, and once drawn, to shoot for center mass, which gives the best chance of striking the target.

Undoubtedly there are cases when the use of deadly force by police is unjustified, and these are tragic events. But, I think its fair to say that the majority of cops aren't out there to murder people, but to do the best job they can and then go home to their families. Sorry, but that some officers sometimes commit errors of judgment does not require LEOs to risk their lives even more so than they do already by "aiming for the leg."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 03:15 PM

78,022 posts, read 60,232,230 times
LOL @ this thread.

This is a historically accurate painting of one civil war battle. Gee, look what is flying through the air and in the hands of many soldiers.

I think many of the posters here just cannot throw and aren't diverse in thier views enough to understand the lethality of a thrown rock.

http://reflectionsgallerytn.com/imag...iehards_lg.jpg

Old 03-04-2015, 03:53 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
Maybe we should give the police rock to throw at those who cause problem. New meaning for stoned.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:35 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,620,969 times
the results are out and the cops will walk free and clear, no hassles and problems.

So it would seem it is now open season on any non whites holding or throwing rocks...

The cops are so well protected in Pasco they could literally walk up and cap a dude and still get away with it.
We have hours of video showing a man with his hands up being gunned down by cops who unloaded into him from just a few feet away.

the cops outnumbered him.

the cops had weapons.

the cops were bigger (he was a smaller dude)

the cops were trained and somewhat fit.

yet still the massed on him and gunned him down in full view of children and can walk away with their reps intact and a nice vacation to boot....

shame on the prosecutor , he disgusts me. he put his career and his ego ahead of justice, he is a shameful person to have represent the public of Pasco WA.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:53 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
the results are out and the cops will walk free and clear, no hassles and problems.
As well they should.

This thug was violently breaking laws and not obeying the police.

Once he turned toward the police as though he was going to shoot them, he met his end.

Good riddance.

Here is clear video of his "suicide by cop"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQKgPE6wSuE

Old 09-10-2015, 03:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

So it would seem it is now open season on any non whites holding or throwing rocks...

The cops are so well protected in Pasco they could literally walk up and cap a dude and still get away with it.
We have hours of video showing a man with his hands up being gunned down by cops who unloaded into him from just a few feet away.

the cops outnumbered him.

the cops had weapons.

the cops were bigger (he was a smaller dude)

the cops were trained and somewhat fit.

yet still the massed on him and gunned him down in full view of children and can walk away with their reps intact and a nice vacation to boot....

shame on the prosecutor , he disgusts me. he put his career and his ego ahead of justice, he is a shameful person to have represent the public of Pasco WA.
You are showing us you have an agenda......cops are not our problem, people who don't obey the laws are.

Note to yourself: Don't throw rocks at police. Stop and do as they say, you have no right to run away.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:01 PM

557 posts, read 734,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
http://http://my.chicagotribune.com/.../p2p-82792503/

Just how much force is needed before police can shoot to kill? Apparently very little. I guess tasers "didn't work" - the guy turned and ran instead of submitting so they shot and killed him. I'm sure we'll learn that he wasn't actually running or shot in the back...
Can I hit you in the head with a rock and you can tell me if it did any damage,

Old 09-10-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Actually from the TV looks like the neighborhood is Hispanic and I think he may have been Hispanic too. so far that's what it looks like. I've never seen Hispanics riot like the Ferguson riots and all over the nation this past summer and fall. (((now I sound like Archie Bunker here )))
No you will neve see Hispanics burn their own neighborhoods. We have a lot more pride then that , I can't say the same for other people unfortunately

Old 09-10-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
This narrative is sub-garbage.

If you are in Law Enforcement and cannot deal with a mentally ill individual throwing rocks WITHOUT shooting them, you have no business being in law enforcement.

You authoritarian-enabling types who make weak excuses for irrational use-of-deadly-force hysterics are either dumb or cops. Or both.

I am starting to think that our nations police forces have become totally taken over by the weakest, most impotent men who are incapable of doing anything AS MEN without some kind of 'disabling weapon'. The Joe Rogan podcast talked about this in the context of George Zimmerman, how he's basically a gigantic btich whose only option was a gun, which made him the worst possible person to be a 'neighborhood watchman'.

I look at the people becoming cops today, 3 times in 4 they strike me as the sort of people who would lose a fist fight against a spry adolescent, which leaves me to wonder just what is the consequence of arming such people and sending them into society all hopped up on their own authority and stupid narratives of how everything warrants a deadly-force event?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I hit you in the head with a rock also?

Old 09-10-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
I'm sure you have a deep reservoir of practical, real world experience with the daily goings-on in real world court rooms to so confidently assert that!

"Tried to grab my gun" is their fallback whenever they want to juice a charge against someone who resists, or whenever they take an up-close use of force incident too far. Part of the reason it raised such hackles in the Michael Brown case is because its such a well known bull**** accusation used by cops who take force too far. Its just shy of putting a knife in the corpses hand...
And my baby ain't done nuffin is the thug mom comeback used as a broken record
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events