U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 08:05 PM

287 posts, read 795,747 times

Advertisements

Family: Man shot by Pasco police had battled depression | Crime & court news | Tri-CityHerald.com

Trouble with the law

In 2006, Teresa D. Meraz Ruiz filed for a protection order for herself and the couple’s two young daughters due to Zambrano-Montes’ “volatile behavior,” according to court documents.

She said he threatened to kill her many times, physically abused her, and pulled a knife and gun on her during their nine-year relationship. The daughters live in California with their mom.

Zambrano-Montes was arrested in the past week on a warrant for failing to pay his fine and court costs for his 2014 assault case, appearing Monday in Franklin County Superior Court.

Court records show Zambrano-Montes had no other criminal history aside from that case.

Police had been called to North Eighth Avenue and West Bonneville Street at 10:49 p.m. on Jan. 16, 2014, for reports of a man walking around and hitting cars with a broom. Zambrano-Montes was found “making a commotion” on the front porch of a North Seventh Avenue home, according to court documents.

He picked up a rocking chair and tried to throw it at Officer Adam Brewster, then grabbed a mailbox and post and threw those. Brewster had to duck to avoid being hit in the head.

Zambrano-Montes ran from Brewster and Officer Jeffrey Cobb, then turned around, grabbed onto Brewster’s belt and put his hand around the officer’s service pistol, documents said. Brewster tried head-butting Zambrano-Montes in the right temple to incapacitate him, but it had no visible effect.

Zambrano-Montes was taken to the ground and continued to struggle with the two officers while grabbing onto Brewster’s pistol in an attempt to get it out of the holster, documents said. Cobb then shot him with a Taser and they were able to handcuff him.

He was taken to Lourdes Medical Center, where he reportedly admitted in the emergency room that he’d been using methamphetamines, documents said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 08:31 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,290,242 times
Angry  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63
Just how much force is needed before police can shoot to kill?
TODAY??

None....They think they can do what they want;treat ppl like garbage!!

Old 02-13-2015, 06:17 AM

35,061 posts, read 19,178,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
http://http://my.chicagotribune.com/.../p2p-82792503/

Just how much force is needed before police can shoot to kill? Apparently very little. I guess tasers "didn't work" - the guy turned and ran instead of submitting so they shot and killed him. I'm sure we'll learn that he wasn't actually running or shot in the back...

Moral of the story:

Don't bring rocks to a gunfight.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:04 AM

939 posts, read 646,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Most or many homeless people have a mental illness.

Could be the case here, this person did.

I wish our society would take care of our mentally ill.
It is still a hidden secret society and legislaters do not want to face

Our self absorbed society is more concerned with gays being able to marry and people can light up their joint where ever they want. And illegal immigration rights.
You are correct. If the quality of a society is based on how we treat the "outcasts", we are severely lacking. The homeless are like inmates- out of sight, out of mind. If a teenage son of wealthy parent had been shot for throwing rocks at the police, THEN, it would matter.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:20 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,162,260 times
Outrageous. I do support the police using deadly force when, based on professional training, they assess their life is at risk; but a man throwing rocks??? They couldn't control the situation without killing him? The authority police have to use deadly force has gotten out of control. Too many people are being murdered senselessly. Human life is valuable, no matter whose life it is.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:16 AM

240 posts, read 205,344 times
He turned. He ran (after already being fired upon). He stopped suddenly, turned and faced the cops in what appears to be a shooter's stance.

This is a justified shoot.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:18 AM

5,837 posts, read 5,672,105 times
I saw on TV a protestor carrying a sign "it was just a rock". (re police brutality).

No, idiot, it was a deadly weapon, you can kill someone or hurt someone with a rock.

Stupid protestors.

Another criminal who is fighting against the police and he got the consequences.. now because of his actions against the police, looters, protestors and other rabble rousers will again go and destroy the neighborhood AGAIN, based on lies and anarchy.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:24 AM

240 posts, read 205,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I saw on TV a protestor carrying a sign "it was just a rock". (re police brutality).

No, idiot, it was a deadly weapon, you can kill someone or hurt someone with a rock.

Stupid protestors.

Another criminal who is fighting against the police and he got the consequences.. now because of his actions against the police, looters, protestors and other rabble rousers will again go and destroy the neighborhood AGAIN, based on lies and anarchy.

Oh, no! I hadn't even consider that. Was the victim black? If so, we're in trouble.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:26 AM

5,837 posts, read 5,672,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Oh, no! I hadn't even consider that. Was the victim black? If so, we're in trouble.
Actually from the TV looks like the neighborhood is Hispanic and I think he may have been Hispanic too. so far that's what it looks like. I've never seen Hispanics riot like the Ferguson riots and all over the nation this past summer and fall. (((now I sound like Archie Bunker here )))

Old 02-13-2015, 12:01 PM

2,222 posts, read 1,653,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post

Stupid protestors.

This is humorous !
I wonder if they would still think that "it's just a rock" if the police threw rocks at them !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or