U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 11:26 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,496,636 times

Advertisements

let us reason together. throwing rocks is deadly that is how they kill people in the middle east.
turning your back when you are told to halt is not a surrender it can be a tactic for more violence. offering your back is a means of forcing the officer to cease the arrest and for you to reengage hostilities or escape.
we keep forgetting that its not the cops that are committing the crime. every time a crime is committed we put the cop on trial. every time a student is violent we put the teacher on trial. this needs to stop.
we are not owning our stuff are we?

Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 11:31 PM

4,862 posts, read 3,726,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
You're childishly naive, but a perfect example of the sort of authoritarian-enabling retard who thinks cops are 'heroes'. I take it you haven't met many...

I tend to judge my heroes by measures a bit more demanding than 6 months at the community college, but that's just me. We all have our own standards.
I have met many cops. I am related to some. I work with some of their wives. They are heroes. They all have Bachelors Degrees from 4 year universities, plus police academy training. They put up with the dregs of society every darn day. They talk people off bridges. They rescue people from abusive situations. They arrest the guy for his 5th DWI, only to see his lawyer get him off yet again. They pick up drunk females lying passed out in the street and get them to the hospital so they do not choke on their own vomit and die. They notify relatives that their loved one has been killed by the guy arrested for his 6th DWI. They witness first hand every day what drugs, gangs, and crime do to society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Once again...stop breaking the law. Put your hands up when you are asked...and none of this happens. Simple.
^^^this.

Don't break the law. Listen the police and do what they tell you to do the FIRST time. Don't be antagonistic.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:07 AM

103 posts, read 73,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Most 9 year olds, confronted by scum rock throwers would gladly use deadly force to protect themselves were they able. Morons who throw rocks usually have them for brains and think they've graduated from Imbicile have achieved something worth noting. What we're left with the hardly the cream of the crop, the lowly Idiot who can only aspire to be an Imbicile and if things go very well for them, the crown jewel of rock throwers, the title of Moron. That leaves the rest, the ones who for the life of them can't figure out what to do with a rock except perhaps play plug the pipe with it and then proclaim sheer stupidity for all to see.
More or less agree. Killing the stupid parasites is not the same thing as killing productive, law-abiding people. We put to much effort into dumbing down the definition of the word "human" so as to remain politically correct and not offend the delicate sensitivities of the underclass.

I mean, I'd be more sympathetic if they would tell the truth of the matter, which is that certain people cannot be expected to behave as normal human beings in situations where they are in direct confrontation with law enforcement because they haven't got the ability to understand that failing to comply with lawful orders could result in their death.

They won't admit that certain people are genetically predisposed to aggression and stupidity and that is why law enforcement should be willing to expose themselves to greater risk of physical injury or even death, not because their are any "rights" involved, or any moral case to be made, but simply the fact that some of these people are so genetically flawed as to be functionally retarded and that killing them for failing to comply is similar to shooting a dog for failing to stand on it's back legs and hold it's front paws above it's head. They're too stupid to understand the command, physically incapable of complying with the order and too aggressive to care about the fact that they are about to be killed.

They won't admit that they're being killed like animals, because they ARE animals. If they told the truth about Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin, et al... they'd have to differentiate between the son the animal that was incapable of complying with law enforcement and their parents, as it begs the question how do humans give birth to animals, and the common sense response is that they don't. Only animals beget animals.

And that's much to close to home, I think, as it validates a long tradition of social thinking that has only recently been reversed, but only for experimental purposes, and over the last 40 years or more we clearly see the results of that social experiment.

But most of us are too polite or scared to mention the truth of this to anyone anywhere except to those most trusted, and only in private, VERY private, but they test our patience with this notion that we should hold the POLICE responsible for the fact that some people really aren't people at all, but instead they're feral animals that have an unfortunate habit of getting themselves killed, and USUALLY by each other. If only The Right Reverend Al Sharpton were as concerned about black on black crime as he is about black criminals getting killed by the Police, but he's not because there's no story there, no TV coverage, no mass popular support and no solution. Even blaming white people is getting old.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Old 02-14-2015, 08:20 AM

48,992 posts, read 39,470,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Delahanty supposes:
"We used to "take care of our mentally ill" before misguided people thought it was unfair to commit them against their will."

I disagree. I think the primary motive of dumping these unfortunate people on the street was to save money.
Some of that is true.

Deinstitutionalisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, this just supports my case that we've dumped people onto the streets that are mentally ill and often have substance abuse issues....and then the police have to deal with it.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:22 AM

48,992 posts, read 39,470,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcockatoo View Post
"don't put your hands up= deserve to die."
Yeah, after pelting people with rocks and running around like a crazy guy.....you know, pesky details you left out.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:13 AM

2,004 posts, read 1,142,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcockatoo View Post
nah nobody's saying that. throwing rocks like that is definitely assault and there should be charges however extra-judicial execution is not what I had in mind.
More of the same, lets bring charges. So easily said after an incident is over isn't it? What would your response to be were you in public and someone threw rocks at you? Hope one didn't hit you in the head?

Old 02-14-2015, 10:14 AM

172 posts, read 168,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I have met many cops. I am related to some. I work with some of their wives. They are heroes. They all have Bachelors Degrees from 4 year universities, plus police academy training. They put up with the dregs of society every darn day. They talk people off bridges. They rescue people from abusive situations. They arrest the guy for his 5th DWI, only to see his lawyer get him off yet again. They pick up drunk females lying passed out in the street and get them to the hospital so they do not choke on their own vomit and die. They notify relatives that their loved one has been killed by the guy arrested for his 6th DWI. They witness first hand every day what drugs, gangs, and crime do to society.

^^^this.

Don't break the law. Listen the police and do what they tell you to do the FIRST time. Don't be antagonistic.
I support Bachelors Degrees + Academy Training for cops.
Unfortunately, in the VAST majority of places, that is not even close to whats required.

Many places accept high school dropouts with a GED and a 6 month sham 'academy' which is really nothing.

In many places, its also FORBIDDEN for police departments to hire people with above average intelligence.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-b...story?id=95836

There are good cops out there doing 'the hard work', but I am totally OK casting them all in with the bad, since they're almost always complicit in either not turning in a fellow abusive/crooked officer, or willing to perjure themselves when someone does.

Here was a case where a cop had super high integrity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRs_sr_BK5U

Immediately, the department started retaliating against the Highway Patrol.

Most police stations are cess pools full of people with zero integrity. The Knapp Commission did a study on the NYPD and found that every single officer- tens of thousands- was corrupt to one degree or another.

Any bootlicker who keeps on with this 'hero' narrative is naive. You may 'work with cops wives' but you've never seen behind the curtain.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
More of the same, lets bring charges. So easily said after an incident is over isn't it? What would your response to be were you in public and someone threw rocks at you? Hope one didn't hit you in the head?
Not shoot them.

To put it another way, if I were in public and a mentally ill individual were throwing rocks and someone went to shoot them, I would shoot the shooter.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, after pelting people with rocks and running around like a crazy guy.....you know, pesky details you left out.
Because THAT = deserves to die?

To some people, yes. Society is coming around to the point where its ready to tell you people to sit down and shut the **** up in this conversation, since your sense of morality is disgusting.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:29 AM

23,966 posts, read 31,191,719 times
Apparently they did try to taser him...and he had a record of assault on a police officer as well.

"The video appears to show Mr. Zambrano-Montes hurling a rock at officers over a police car stopped in the middle of the intersection, and an officer firing what appears to be a Taser in response. When Mr. Zambrano-Montes runs across the intersection, three officers pursue him. After a short chase, Mr. Zambrano-Montes stops and appears to pivot toward the officers, who then fire repeatedly as he falls to the ground. All of the officers had their guns raised, but it was unclear if all of them had fired at Mr. Zambrano-Montes or how many times he had been struck.

The police said the officers had shot at Mr. Zambrano-Montes after milder measures, including the officers’ commands to surrender and firing a Taser, failed to bring him under control. Two officers were struck by rocks, including one the size of a softball, according to the police account.

Members of the Zambrano-Montes family told The Tri-City Herald that he was a Mexican-born orchard worker who was kind and worked hard. They said they were not aware of any current mental health issues. “We just want justice,” said Erica Salazar, whom the newspaper identified as a relative. “It could have been avoided.”

Mr. Zambrano-Montes had been arrested for assaulting a police officer in January 2014. The police said he had thrown objects at officers and tried to grab an officer’s pistol. He pleaded guilty in June, according to court records."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or