U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 08:07 AM

8,353 posts, read 8,630,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Hmmm, which page of the (D) playbook did you get that from?

We were told these "kids" were all under age with no criminal records or gang affiliations as well, remember. As if somehow we had a dossier on every one of them.
You and your fellow koolaid drinkers would have us believe that all these Central American kids were completely immunized, even more so than American kids. Then if they needed vaccines(as if they would be certain), they were given them. Please provide a credible link to show kids astute enough to know whether they were fully vaccinated, and if not, they were given the proper battery of vaccinations prior to being released with a promise of re-appearing at a later date.
None were previous criminals or members of MS13 either I suppose.
Well, understanding what really happened requires you to get off the immigrant bashing bandwagon and actually do a little thinking and researching. Listening to Rush Limbaugh or other right wing talk programs doesn't count.

The measles outbreak has actually been traced to an American who visited the Philippines and brought it back with him.

The reality is that Mexico and Central American countries have rates of immunization equal to or greater than those in the United States. We in the United States get pretty ethnocentric sometimes and we think we have to be doing everything better than in other countries. The reality is that just isn't always true.

I am no fan of illegal immigration. I am tired though of falsehoods about these people being constantly spread. I suppose these links won't convince you either though. Oh well, I tried. There are none so blind as those who will not see...

False Narrative on Measles Outbreak

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/02/...es-theory.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...l-immigration/

http://theweek.com/articles/537527/i...asles-outbreak

Last edited by markg91359; 02-13-2015 at 08:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,575,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
See you all on page 37!

One closes, another opens.......the battle is long, the fight brutal...how many threads can it consume? Ask the sheep.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:50 AM

7,841 posts, read 6,955,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Amazing how in the 50s, almost every kid at school, at home, and in the neighborhood contracted measles, chicken pox, and mumps without triggering a panic (or a news story)--and lived to talk about it.
Except for the 1 in 2000 who died. Except for the 1 in 10 who had hearing loss.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:21 AM

8,014 posts, read 3,767,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

The measles outbreak has actually been traced to an American who visited the Philippines and brought it back with him.
Hmmm, we have a patient zero for the measles outbreak according to some news source. I guess patient zero for the mumps will also turn up soon as well, and it will not be an illegal alien either.

Frankly I asked a trick question because I am not sure any news source is credible these days.
I say this after having read an incredible book written by Sharyl Attikisson named "Stonewalled". She is far from a right winger, and has done investigate journalism against (R's) with as much gusto as she has (D's). However she points out how the journalism and the news media has changes dramatically in her 20+ years.
Now days instead of everyone wanting to break stories, the pencil pushers in NY want stories published by other sources so they can just copy them without the work or liability. Furthermore, they want their own journalists to have all their stories filtered by those in NY, even the Washington bureau, which leads to political bias and machinations.

What does this have to do with your thoughts about either a patient zero, or great immunization rates in other 3rd world countries?
The Obama administration which was suppose to be the most transparent according to themselves, have become more insular than just about any in history. They refuse to do interviews with hardball journalists (even ones who went after Bush & R's), and instead report their spin to surrogates and likeminded news outlets, which then report it as fact.
Heck they wont even let the press photographers near the president any longer, and instead have their own, hired with our tax dollars so they can control every aspect of what we see. This along with more disturbing things this administration does, along with big corporations who manipulate sources people read such as Wiki and google search top positioned articles is truly frightening. I use to watch the news with skepticism, but now I'm not sure which outlets are even doing their own jobs with their own real sources to back it up.

A truly chilling account of what is going on is a must read whether you are left wing or right.

http://www.amazon.com/Stonewalled-Ob.../dp/B00HLIYWA8

She backs up her assertions with facts and detailed timelines with repeated examples of what has become a PR industry for obfuscating the truth in DC. The title of her book is spot on, as the goal is to thwart what the public finds out in a timely manner, if at all.

`

Old 02-13-2015, 09:27 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,562,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Isn't there a vaccine against MS13? Such a deadly disease, I would think it would be a priority.
There is... It's called LEAD poisoning.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:30 AM

10,403 posts, read 8,382,897 times
New 'Border Sabotage' Lets In Thousands of Central American Kids And of course this has nothing to do with it...yeah... I have a bridge in Brooklyn for ya.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:06 AM

8,014 posts, read 3,767,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok
Isn't there a vaccine against MS13? Such a deadly disease, I would think it would be a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
There is... It's called LEAD poisoning.

If only it were that simple.

Heck the Crips & the Bloods who were mortal enemies even banded together to try and survive against this new illegal alien menace.

Remember these guys, many of whom are ex-paramilitary thugs, have no problem with executing people in plain sight, then going to eat lunch.
Why we allow these criminal illegal aliens to remain in our country is beyond me.
Then again maybe my definition of what constitutes a criminal is different than what Obama/Holder think it is.
Not too long ago, a bunch more "low level"risk/criminals were released to roam our streets. Then it was discovered by journalists that some had committed violent crimes like rape.
I wonder if the victims of this madness can hold the Obama admin responsible?
Where are all the trial lawyers?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:55 AM

20,946 posts, read 22,539,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Some didn't.
I am 69 years old and had the measles, chicken pox and rubella before the age of ten. Somehow the mumps passed me by. I was exposed to them numerous times though through my friends and both my sisters who had it. The doctors told my mom I was probably naturally immune to the mumps at the time. I think I better call my present doctor. I don't think there is a separate mumps vaccine.

Boy, I never thought I would have to be concerned about the mumps.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:02 PM

21,593 posts, read 26,269,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I am 69 years old and had the measles, chicken pox and rubella before the age of ten. Somehow the mumps passed me by. I was exposed to them numerous times though through my friends and both my sisters who had it. The doctors told my mom I was probably naturally immune to the mumps at the time. I think I better call my present doctor. I don't think there is a separate mumps vaccine.

Boy, I never thought I would have to be concerned about the mumps.
Not everyone who contracts the virus will have symptoms from it. You could have had it and not know it. You could either take the MMR booster or have a titer, if you are curious. A positive titer would demonstrate immunity, though some with undetectable antibody are still immune.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:37 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,210,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok

If only it were that simple.

Heck the Crips & the Bloods who were mortal enemies even banded together to try and survive against this new illegal alien menace.

Remember these guys, many of whom are ex-paramilitary thugs, have no problem with executing people in plain sight, then going to eat lunch.
Why we allow these criminal illegal aliens to remain in our country is beyond me.
Then again maybe my definition of what constitutes a criminal is different than what Obama/Holder think it is.
Not too long ago, a bunch more "low level"risk/criminals were released to roam our streets. Then it was discovered by journalists that some had committed violent crimes like rape.
I wonder if the victims of this madness can hold the Obama admin responsible?
Where are all the trial lawyers?

and this has to do with mumps how???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events