Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Whether or not, he posted this video for "racist" reasons is neither a fact nor proven.

You offer nothing more than conjecture and opinion as to why he took the video and posted it.....
Posted right in the Youtube Video by Demitrous

A black man filmed the moment a white homeowner pulled out a gun as he approached him outside his home in St. Paul, Minnesota.
A black man filmed the moment a white homeowner pulled out a gun as he approached him outside his home in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Black man records white man pulling a GUN on him because he presumed he was a drug dealer after he parked on his street
Black man records white man pulling a GUN on him because he presumed he was a drug dealer after he parked on his street
Black man
records white man pulling a GUN on him because he presumed he was a drug dealer after he parked on his street
He was making race THE issue. Don't blame me for pointing it out.

Point is proven. He is getting a nice Youtube count out of all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 01:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Posted right in the Youtube Video by Demitrous

Black man
records white man pulling a GUN on him because he presumed he was a drug dealer after he parked on his street
He was making race THE issue. Don't blame me for pointing it out.

Point is proven. He is getting a nice Youtube count out of all of this.
Did you ever consider that he may be right? And that race is the issue? If it was a 20-year old Asian girl, do you think he would've been snapping photos of her in her car?

After all, you brought Demetrius' "ebonic-sounding" name into this, still waiting to see the reasoning behind that.

If you can bring up the filmer's "black-sounding" name, why can't he bring up the guy with the gun's race?

Old 02-13-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Did you ever consider that he may be right? And that race is the issue? If it was a 20-year old Asian girl, do you think he would've been snapping photos of her in her car? After all, you brought Demetrius' "ebonic-sounding" name into this, still waiting to see the reasoning behind that. If you can bring up the filmer's "black-sounding" name, why can't he bring up the guy with the gun's race?
I see 4 questions. Answers:
  1. Yes
  2. Sure
  3. I have no idea.
  4. I fully support his right to say what he thinks.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:49 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Yes, because Heaven Forbid, he may RECORD YOU TO DEATH with his smartphone.

WTF is wrong with some of you people that you view every action (no matter how innocent) as a justification and provocation to respond with physical and possibly deadly force?

Contrary to what the ignorant and paranoid racists on Fox News would have you believe, every black person is not a criminal or a *****, every Muslim is not a terrorist, and every foreigner is not an illegal alien spreading diseases and living off the taxpayers.

Leave your comfort zone and get to know people that don't look like you or share your experiences, you'll be surprised by how much it expands your mind and makes you a more well-rounded person.
Funny you mention the "comfort zone" comment. I grew up in typical white suburbia "comfort zone"..then moved into Detroit proper, where I was one of only a handful of white people in about a mile radius, and many miles to the south (for those familiar with the Detroit area, I was near Outer Drive & Ryan). Yes, it certainly expanded my mind, and my mind was expanded even more when my neighbor in her 50s or 60s made it VERY clear that she didn't want the "cracker in HER neighborhood". Many of the neighbors wouldn't even talk to me for months, and when one finally did, he explained to me that it was because it was an assumption that the ONLY reason a white guy would have moved into _their_ neighborhood was because I was law enforcement and was required to live within city limits. My house was the only one broken into twice, inside of one week, WHILE I WAS HOME. None of the other houses in the area were touched.

I was also around when Detroit City Council was intending to begin a government sponsored discrimination plan to create "African Town" - Detroit's plan for 'African Town' stirs racial tensions - Washington Times

I didn't see this as an "innocent action". With a family full of people involved with law enforcement (though I myself am not), and a few that have spent time in and working with gang units, someone rushing me with a video camera in hand is NOT an "innocent action", and I'm not about to wait around until someone starts swinging or shooting to be prepared. Making sure I'm ready for something that may happen is also not "a justification and provocation to respond with physical and possibly deadly force", it is merely being prepared for a situation that may escalate. Absolutely no different than an officer responding to a scene with a hand on his sidearm, or pulling it out and keeping it in a low ready position.

It's funny though, that while you're accusing me of stereotypes, you're also stereotyping me as a Fox News viewer/believer and bigot, which really seems to be the norm - accuse others of doing the same exact thing that you're doing to them.

Now, while so many people are ready to attack the neighbor, why has no one asked why Demetrius didn't just calmly ask the guy what was going on? Why did he immediately have to go into attack mode, yelling at the guy? As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. He could have just as easily camly walked up to the guy, and calmly asked what's going on, and how they could resolve the situation.

But he didn't. He chose to immediately escalate the situation, and I think _any_ reasonable person would immediately be even more suspicious of his behavior at that point, regardless of the race of anyone involved.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:53 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Seems to me that "Demetrius", lol, was looking to cause a racial incident.
  • Camera Phone Out Before Incident - Check
  • Looking for a confrontation - Check
  • Unnecessarily & Intentionally Combative and Aggressive - Check
  • Youtube Video Posted - Check
  • Blame Crazy Ass Cracker Comments - Check
  • Endless False Outrage - Check
Clearly he is looking for this 15 minutes of youtube fame.

My prediction, the party with the ebonics name, has some bad times ahead due to choices he is making with his life. "mama" is no where to be seen to see how her baby is behaving.
While I agree with the points in your list, the bigger problem here is the fool with the gun.

also, Demetrius = 'ebonics name'?

So Ancient Greek is now ebonics?

A lot of your posts seem to veer from the subject matter into an unsophisticated critique of Black people. Stormfront is thattaway --->

Old 02-13-2015, 01:55 PM

^ I'm not going to quote all that, Urbex, but this could be a gender issue more than a race issue.

Like I said earlier, if the person in the car was a woman, what do you think the reaction would be? If a woman saw some man she didn't know photographing her, I'm fairly certain she would have the same reaction this man had.

And I highly doubt anyone running at you with a cameraphone is about to gun you down in broad daylight. Neither probably handled the situation great, but I'm not sure what the man expected when he's snapping pics of someone in broad daylight. What kind of response did he think he was going to incite?

Quote:
I see 4 questions. Answers:
  1. Yes
  2. Sure
  3. I have no idea.
  4. I fully support his right to say what he thinks.
Still curious as to why you brought up 'ebonics-sounding' names.

Is "Craig" an 'ebonics-sounding' name?

Old 02-13-2015, 02:02 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
So, at worst the homeowner *gasp* uses a camera and racially profiles but we don't know that for sure.
However, the guy that was filmed we know angrily confronted the guy who was well within his rights on his own property because he assumed it was because he was black....and then called the guy a cracker.

Also, the gun was not produced until he was approached and it was not pointed at the other guy.

No one hurt.

Soooooooo, who exactly is the bad guy here? This one is a rohrshack test.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
So Ancient Greek is now ebonics?...
If you are saying that a Black woman named her children after White men of historical ancient times, then I can accept this. It seems however that this Demetrius has a few chips on his shoulders when it comes to White people and his namesakes. Maybe he should ask his mother to tell him some stories of Greek history and who brought us Western Civilization. It might change his outlook.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 02-13-2015 at 02:20 PM..

Old 02-13-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Still curious as to why you brought up 'ebonics-sounding' names.

Is "Craig" an 'ebonics-sounding' name?
Following this definition. Are you saying there is something wrong with ebonics?

Craig, by that definition is not an ebonics name.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Following this definition. Are you saying there is something wrong with ebonics?

Craig, by that definition is not an ebonics name.
Lol. Nice try.

Do not try to flip this on me since you got caught. You're the one that brought up his "black sounding" name, which is completely irrelevant to the story and then proceeded to say:

Quote:
...has some bad times ahead due to choices he is making with his life. "mama" is no where to be seen to see how her baby is behaving.
I also noticed you edited your post about 30 minutes later.

It's funny, you've been quick to call out people for bringing up race or having a racial bias in a discussion, yet here you are bringing up the guy's name as if that determines his character or what type of person he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events