U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 01:54 PM

2,223 posts, read 1,534,197 times

Advertisements

I know one thing for sure from the e-mails I get is that there should be a law on what you can wear to shop at Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 02:09 PM

5,445 posts, read 4,434,171 times
So, if they plan on a law that prevents people from exposing their nipples in public, are they doing to make everyone wear shirts or a bikini top while in a public pool? What if this expanded to Florida? You really think you are going to tell everyone at the beach to put their shirt on or arrest them?

Old 02-17-2015, 02:22 PM

21,588 posts, read 18,230,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Ha-ha, had me fooled for a minute there! Look at the cashier's arm and face, then look at the legs.

Now I see she does have pants on!!! OMG. I thought they were just fat legs and arse, naked. LOL, still "got me"!

Old 02-17-2015, 08:18 PM

30,740 posts, read 9,194,138 times
Another arse. They're really piling up.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:10 PM

24,483 posts, read 28,837,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
We have CHILDREN; I could care less on how someone else chooses to appear in front of other people, and how low do they go to embarrass themselves in public, but what do you want me to tell my kids exactly? What does that TEACH about one's appearance? or what is appropriate? I tell my kids that this is no proper way to appear in public. It's embarrassing, and when your body works against you, it is cause for bullying. Don't want to be mocked, then don't give people a reason to do so.

The very reason this should be a law is because mothers/women at large in America, (because you won't see this anywhere else in the world), have lost common sense when it comes to personal appearance. It's like there is a laziness epidemic. Ever watch What Not To Wear? it's eye opening...and it is preposterous that such show even airs.

It's not about "spoiling it for everyone else", it's about what is appropriate for walking around in public places. If there were no clothing items available in stores, then you could use the excuse that you couldn't find any clothes to wear, (still stupid and preposterous), but we have clothing items available; GYM's have changing rooms and showers...there is no EXCUSE under the sun for why someone should appear in public wearing yoga pants and show their flabbiness to the world.
It is up to YOU to raise your children and teach them how to dress appropriately, including what is flattering on their body type. It isn't up to you to decide what kind of clothing should be legal or illegal based on your opinion. I don't know, maybe you hang out at Wal Mart too much, but I rarely see anyone looking so gawd awful bad in yoga pants that I even notice. I'll ask my previous question again - what's next, burkas? If you like covering up so much, move to Afghanistan.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:23 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,703,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Idiot.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:39 PM

726 posts, read 667,124 times
Have people considered not looking at things they don't like the sight of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events