U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 02:18 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,463,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez
From what I remember about the case, it sounds like he deserves to be in prison.
Yes he didnt even check to see who was in his garage!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 09:38 AM

5,048 posts, read 3,331,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
The Turkish kid is just as guilty for trespassing and attempting to steal. The Kaarma guy would've had no one to aim at if these scumbags never had the intent of committing a crime inside his property. The guy should've shot him in the leg, called the cops and called it a day. Both are dumbasses and I'm glad they'll never see the streets again.
Not sure how German = Turkish.

Quote:
"baiting" "luring" what a bunch of bull. Even if I saw 10 plates of gold inside someone's garage, I wouldn't dare try to steal any, as I have no idea what sort of lunatic is waiting for me inside, let alone the fact that it's simply illegal.

The idiot of a kid got shot up for committing a crime. He'd be stealing even to this day if Kaarma hadn't put a bullet into his head. Rest in P1ss.
Of course stealing is a crime.

So is baiting with the intent to shoot someone. They both committed crimes, the baiting was the more heinous one and he'll pay for that crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If memory serves me, the guy was stealing things from the garage.

The big difference here, once again running off memory, was that the homeowner was laying in wait. The homeowner left the garage open with valuable sitting out while he was with his gun in the dark. When the thief (sorry, but that's what he was) came in the garage to steal, the homeowner, who saw him approaching and going in, opened fire. The homeowner never told him "freeze" or "don't move" or anything like that.

The homeowner's garage had been stolen from several times in the past, it was probably the same guy.

If the homeowner had heard something in the garage, came out to investigate and shot him because he was in fear, that would be different. But he watched this young guy who was by himself wander up and then just blasted away once he was in the trap.

Some people might still argue that the homeowner was within his rights, but I just don't see what happened as being in the spirit of the laws that should protect the homeowner.
^^ Winner winner chicken dinner!

Old 02-14-2015, 11:28 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,769,810 times
Had he held the kid at gun point and called the cops he would be free and the kid would be alive.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:01 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,957,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Not sure how German = Turkish.

Of course stealing is a crime.

So is baiting with the intent to shoot someone. They both committed crimes, the baiting was the more heinous one and he'll pay for that crime.

^^ Winner winner chicken dinner!
So if some child molester sees 2 ten year old kids in someone's house with the door left open is it also baiting? Just because a garage door was open during the middle of night, it's somehow no fault of the turkish kid? The kid went inside someone else's property on his own will, he knew exactly what he was doing, he wasn't some old man with dementia. When you trespass into someone's property, you are at risk of getting killed. The shooter wouldn't have had anyone to shoot at if this kid didn't decide to burglarize. I do think 4 shots was excessive though and he deserves to serve time, but deflecting all blame from the turkish kid is not my cup of tea.

Incase you didn't know, he was a Turk who happened to live in Germany before coming to America. Ironic that in his homeland - Turkey, the parents would've been shamed for raising a criminal. In the US however, the media has been treating him as trayvon martin v.2 and you're eating it up.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:05 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,957,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Had he held the kid at gun point and called the cops he would be free and the kid would be alive.
and if the kid didn't decide to commit a crime that night, he would still be alive.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:08 PM

5,048 posts, read 3,331,835 times
Quote:
So if some child molester sees 2 ten year old kids in someone's house with the door left open is it also baiting? Just because a garage door was open during the middle of night, it's somehow no fault of the turkish kid? The kid went inside someone else's property on his own will, he knew exactly what he was doing, he wasn't some old man with dementia. When you trespass into someone's property, you are at risk of getting killed. The shooter wouldn't have had anyone to shoot at if this kid didn't decide to burglarize. I do think 4 shots was excessive though and he deserves to serve time, but deflecting all blame from the turkish kid is not my cup of tea.

Incase you didn't know, he was a Turk who happened to live in Germany before coming to America. Ironic that in his homeland - Turkey, the parents would've been shamed for raising a criminal. In the US however, the media has been treating him as trayvon martin v.2 and you're eating it up.
Delving a little deeper he was leaving the door open and waiting for someone. That is baiting.

You can't shoot someone for trespassing. You can shoot someone for breaking into your home with reason to fear for your life.

Ie: if I was walking through your woods of on your front lawn and you shot me, you'd be going to jail.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:18 AM

12,654 posts, read 12,078,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Delving a little deeper he was leaving the door open and waiting for someone. That is baiting.

You can't shoot someone for trespassing. You can shoot someone for breaking into your home with reason to fear for your life.

Ie: if I was walking through your woods of on your front lawn and you shot me, you'd be going to jail.
Cops bait all of the time...

Leaving your garage door open is not baiting, if he had left a purse in a public space like a park then I would say that is baiting, but leaving your own item on your own property is not baiting.

If he would have not shot the guy, but let the police get him, would it still have been baiting? Would it have came up in trial that the guy was "baited" into stealing, so he should not be convicted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events