U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 03:23 PM

10,229 posts, read 4,116,437 times

Advertisements

Just disgusting, seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 03:29 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,569,719 times
Watching this video it looks like the cops not only overreacted to it slamming him on his head like they did, but probably made it worse by attempting to move him afterwards and trying to force him to stand up. Also love the fact that the audio only kicks in after the slam.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:46 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,450,129 times
I think these cops didn't have any common sense to deal with what they are supposed to do everyday. I wonder what they would have done if there was even a bit of situation - probably just shoot.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:55 PM

7,907 posts, read 3,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
I find that older, white middle-class Americans refuse to acknowledge the police abuse. It doesn't matter the race of the victim.
I'm white. I'm in my 60s. I'm considered "lower class", mostly because I've never had an interest in competing and keeping up with the stinking Jones. I've always lived way below my means. The more money someone has, the bigger their house and wallet, the more hushed they are about the growing abusive police force.

I doubt many people witnessing this video will feel the way you claim they will, regardless of race, age or ethnic background.

I am still not sure why they rolled up on him, however their actions, particularly the one who slammed him to the ground is inexcusable. He presented no discernable danger to the two LEO's as another patrol car arrived, nor did he attempt to flee from what I could tell.
As far as I can tell, this officer used excessive force that resulted in a traumatic injury, and he should be held accountable for his actions.

`

Old 02-13-2015, 05:09 PM

107 posts, read 95,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I doubt many people witnessing this video will feel the way you claim they will, regardless of race, age or ethnic background.
`
You'd be surprised.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:20 PM

7,907 posts, read 3,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
The guy who called 911 should also be held responsible.... What a paranoid racist....
The cop was only charged with a 3rd degree felony, he will plead it down to a misdemeanor and face only a fine.... At least he lost his job, but if the situation was reversed and one of us mundanes pulled a stunt like this on our beloved overlords we'd be looking at least 20+years. Got to love America. Show us de paperz pleeze.

When people confront strangers (like I would) without getting the police involved, arm chair quarterbacks say they are wrong. When people call the cops without getting involved, these same people say they are wrong. Then of course they have to speculate and add the person is a racist with no evidence what so ever to back up that claim.

The only person who was wrong in this whole mess was the cop who used excessive force, period.

`

Old 02-13-2015, 06:46 PM

17,220 posts, read 14,812,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
An Indian Grandfather!

If it was some white guy, I'm sure the outrage would be nonexistent. They deserve it!
What the heck are you talking about? You truly believe some grandfather white, brown or yellow visiting his grandson is thrown to the ground and paralyzed for no reason and no one would care? What planet do you live on?

The fact that black people care enough to go out and make noise when they feel one of their own is wronged and white people don't (in your opinion) is no one's fault but the apparent comfort and laziness of white people, who would rather post on forums and bi**h about what they consider injustice than actually leave their house and try to fight for anything. it's hardly the fault of the media, who would happily cover protests with hundreds of white people who block major highways too.

Who the heck have you ever heard say innocent white elderly men deserve to be thrown to the ground and paralyzed for no reason. Please, just show me one source, just one.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:16 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,273,607 times
As a policeman with more years than this officer has been alive this appears to me to be an unnecessary use of force and would violate any policy or procedure I can think of.. other than some real threat.. and there was none

The officer will face assault and battery for this...

The department and city will be liable for a huge payout

I would like to know what the heck was going on in his mind that he thought this was an acceptable technique...

We have 57 languages regularly spoken in my areas... most aliens do not understand commands... we train for this all the time

Sad,,, really sad... injured an innocent person for life.. gave up a career... brought dishonor to all of us

For me to use this much force it would be a fight... or non compliance that put my life of the life of others in danger... we dont throw people on the ground without substantial cause...

As to the police haters.. this is a rare case... and while haters love to post this stuff saying its routine.. the reality is that it is very very rare to have a case where unjustifiable force is used resulting in an injury and officer termination and criminal complaint

Old 02-13-2015, 08:15 PM

14,969 posts, read 8,536,771 times
This makes my blood boil.

And that one idiot has the gall to ask the seriously injured man if he can stand up.

An elderly man, putting his hand in his pocket, and then viciously taken down.

That these certain thugs in uniform still act like that, knowing very well that they might be filmed, shows their mentality that they are above the law.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:43 PM

240 posts, read 196,909 times
I just read that Officer Parker, the cop who threw the man down, has been arrested and charged with Assault in the Third Degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or