U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 06:49 PM

8,384 posts, read 5,039,663 times

Advertisements

Update:

Why wasn't Madison police officer charged more harshly in Indian grandfather assault case? A former judge explains | AL.com
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:31 PM

10,296 posts, read 4,137,143 times
Sounds like a buch of bull **** excuses to me.

They wiggled the laws reasoning to adjust to the crime of the cop.

If it were Joe Public that treated a non offending, DOING NOTHING WRONG elderly person like that, they'd be locked up.

This man wouldn't be in the shape he is in if it weren't for his xenophobic neighbor calling, and an equally as ignorant officer handling the call.

Why has common sense taken a back seat to these types of encounters?

Old 02-26-2015, 03:14 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,927,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Get used to it, folks. This is the trend, and it's not going to get better. Over the last 10 to 15 years, police forces in the United States have been shifting more and more toward paramilitary organizations rather than law enforcement. As more and more combat veterans returning from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are being hired by police departments across the country, you can expect to see this military mentality become more commonplace among police officers. People they stop on the street are not seen as citizens to be treated with respect, and in many cases no longer even as suspects, but as an enemy. Welcome to the New America.
For some of us, there's nothing new about America.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:22 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,927,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Someone finally showed up with this intelligent comment! The guy was here in USA. Something terrible happened here and it has nothing to do with what happens in India. Or you suspect there is a relationship?
Hell.......on this forum one guy in New Guinea or Uganda or Harlem does something and all blacks are criminals.......

Old 02-26-2015, 07:27 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,326,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
CD is a great place for police haters//people with criminal histories//chip on their shoulders to spout of without any fear when they lie..or fabricate.. or embellish... that they will be exposed to any substantive review or accountability.. much of what is said would never be said to... for example.. my face...especially after someone took the time to know a little bit about me and the job I do..
many people see "cops tv" today and think that is fully representative of the job.. its just a sliver

Are you a hater?

We need civil order for there to be society.. we need professional well trained highly vetted police for that.. we also need better solutions for use of force options.. police work can be very brutal..
America police are some of the best in the world given the social desires of our society.. one percent of police make it through all the parts of the process that shouldnt.. as I have said before one day you will talk to a drone and a robot

Society ultimately gets what it will pay for in all things
Do you believe these dash cams and similar videos have helped in discovering incidents of officer misconduct which otherwise might be unnoticed or not noticed early?

Last edited by Felix C; 02-26-2015 at 07:41 AM..

Old 02-26-2015, 08:58 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,482,728 times
Angry  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX
Sounds like a buch of bull **** excuses to me.
Indeed.. The reason is THE GUY IS A COP AND CAN GET AWAY WITH HORRIBLE CRIMES!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2015, 09:01 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Do you believe these dash cams and similar videos have helped in discovering incidents of officer misconduct which otherwise might be unnoticed or not noticed early?
I believe I have used mine to protect myself from a least a handful of complaints in my career which could have been listed as unsubstantiated... no evidence either way...

Everyone is a police authority now after watching cops... there another sidevofvthe equation too... the one that happens 99 percent of the time... bad people found bad things ... thats the reality
Even if there was no camera here I doubt.. seriously doubt ...this wouldn't get covered up... too many house payments on the line.. anyway ..no stop isnt documented anymore.. caneras are everywhere

Cameras don't affect me in the least...

Have they uncovered "more" acts for the public to see..sure... what they don't reveal is a public that no longer respects anything or anyone...

Hell... film me 24/7... boring

I have already strongly condemned the action of this fired and crimiinally filed upon officer as unjustifiable ... based upon the video absent anything else I would have found him guilty of assault under color of authority... but I would also want to know why... what went thru his mind that allowed him to think what he did read even tactically sound... why would I want to know... so I could make sure my trainees clearly understood... went to go to jail.. do this

On my department as I have said this technique would be a use of force in a drag down donnybrook...this is not a technique he learned in any formal or accepted training program and would not be used against a citizen who was compliant or argumentative.. hell.. most people argue.. its teaching them to play nice that is the majority of the day..

Big payout on this one

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-26-2015 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-26-2015, 09:47 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,326,522 times
Have never seen Cops actually dislike reality shows. Do not see why it was even addressed in your response. Rather stupid thing to do on your part.

You really did not answer the question except for this "Have they uncovered "more" acts for the public to see..sure..." but that is only a partial to "Even if there was no camera here I doubt.. seriously doubt ...this wouldn't get covered up... too many house payments on the line.." Do not know what too many house payments on the line means.

It was a straightforward question and you presumed a great deal, pontificiated, went on tangents in your response.

But ok, is is the Internet although I believe a genuine, professional and mature person as you portrayed yourself to be would have answered directly without antics.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-26-2015 at 10:09 AM..

Old 02-26-2015, 10:30 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,153,902 times
This is an international incident. He will be charged with civil rights violations and thrown in federal prison.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:03 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
This is an international incident. He will be charged with civil rights violations and thrown in federal prison.
You might want to educate yourself on what is chargeable as a civil rights violation.. holder would charge if he could in a second,,. Hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or