U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 09:25 AM

5,049 posts, read 3,327,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well what did the kids do? I'm not supporting anyone here, just trying to get the whole picture. And I don't automatically find curse words an outrageous offence these days. If people were honest they wouldn't either, so context is everything.
Her language, her yelling, all of it was inappropriate. Special needs school or not.

She has no place in education, especially young children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 AM

8,780 posts, read 16,240,408 times
Investigators Exclusive: Rockland principal out after audio recording of her cursing at, threatening students | 7online.com

Old 02-14-2015, 09:58 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,810,962 times
I'd like to know what the kids did. Back in my day, if a teacher went off like that they were pushed to the extreme with possible physical threat from the student. Not excusing this principal, because I have also seen some bad teachers who single out kids. I think there is more to the story.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:05 AM

11,896 posts, read 6,556,592 times
Thanks for the update. She should never be allowed to work with children again. Too mentally unbalanced.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:29 AM

11,361 posts, read 6,783,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_lanka View Post
This is disgusting! The principle should not only be fired for cause, but stripped of her license and her pension. This is ridiculous. If I were the parents of one of these children, I would not only not stop pushing until all involved were fired, but I would sue her, the school board and anyone else involved.
Political Correctness -- and the constant hypocrisy in the pursuit of power that goes with it, confronting a "clientele" that is often incapable of "reasoning" on the same level. Meanwhile, the legal vultures who promote the idea that someone else has a pile of money that can be seized to compensate for every imaginary offense, are gathering.

"Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad." (anonymous)

Old 02-14-2015, 11:37 AM

240 posts, read 196,856 times
Something seems way off about this tirade against the principal. Something is also way off about the firing of the whistle blower. WTH? Don't we have laws against that? What is being withheld from us? I'm always suspicious because of the news media's constant spin on what they report.

Please consider something and then reply back. When the principal supposedly dragged the child to the front of the auditorium and called him a retard, could she possibly have been trying to make a point about his behavior rather than his condition? Consider this scenario. The kid is acting out...undisciplined...causing a scene and being rude. The principal makes an example of him, while teaching the children that a "retard" isn't someone who is born with special needs, but someone who behaves like an undisciplined brat...as in THIS is a retard! Everything else the principal said in that tape was mild. I'm just offering some food for thought here. I don't know what really took place.

For all I know that whistle blower might have a hidden agenda himself. Who knows?

Old 02-14-2015, 11:44 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
Apparently that guy was in a BAD MOOD and took it out on the kids......... Very sad and uncaring of him!!!!!

They cannot help the way they are
Im sorry I made a mistake,I was doing 2 things at once...... I meant to say THAT LADY WAS IN A BAD MOOD....... (I cant edit my reply )

Old 02-14-2015, 01:51 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,900,225 times
Special needs kids don't necessarily mean much in this context as they aren't necessarily weak or sensitive, it's added for shock value though because it makes people go "aww".

Still not excusing her, but I'm still curious about the context. I don't swear at work, much.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:38 PM

3,754 posts, read 1,591,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Atrocious behaviour by the principle of a school for special needs kids. The whistle blower who recorded it gets fired and the principal is still at the school??? Outrageous! I hope they throw the book at her and let the kid's parents have their say at her in a public auditorium.

She needs to be knocked down more than a few notches!

Warning, the video contains foul language.

‘Retards! Animals!’ NYC Principal Caught on Tape Hurling Vicious Abuse on Special Needs Kids | Top Right News
The principal has a clear case of burnout.

I have to tell you that NYC is like no place in Canada. Special need children in NYC doesn't necessarily mean that they have a severe disability. In New York State they put children on Ritalin if the kid has above average intelligence and bored. If the kid is not put on medication, they start putting pressure on the parents.

See post #15. There was further action.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 02-14-2015 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: new information

Old 02-14-2015, 04:50 PM

7,896 posts, read 3,724,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well what did the kids do? I'm not supporting anyone here, just trying to get the whole picture. And I don't automatically find curse words an outrageous offence these days. If people were honest they wouldn't either, so context is everything.
Since when does being rude, vulgar, ignorant and crass not classify as inappropriate behavior?
That is especially true of adults toward children. It is compounded further when the person is supposedly an educator that should be setting the proper example for children.

This was not an iron workers convention, sailors shore leave, nor a motorcycle gang gathering. It was in a school setting for God's sake.

If you and your fellow CA residents have become so jaded because regular exposure to vulgarity has made you apathetic, you need to look into your own ethical standards and reevaluate.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or