U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 04:13 PM

11,414 posts, read 7,437,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
I find chivalry in men wherever I go. It is only dead in men who no longer practice it. Women were controlled by men for centuries. Thank God we've busted loose. And thank God twice that most men don't hold that against us.
Hear! Hear!

Some of us men routinely practice chivalry and find joy in doing so............

(But I still think the head butt was in order, although "ah would nevah, myself, do such a thing....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 05:06 PM

103 posts, read 73,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Who are you asking?
It was more of a statement than a question. I do that a lot. Supposed to make people wonder about the point that I just made, or sometimes I phrase questions that have very obvious answers so I don't insult the reader's intelligence by putting a question mark at the end of it, when everyone knows that everyone else is aware of the answer; all it takes is someone to ask the question in order to remind everyone.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:30 PM

8,296 posts, read 9,130,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
I went to Wal-Mart the other day and some woman was returning a gold fish. The customer service rep was like "um, okay". The woman left. The customer service rep stood there, holding the bag and she said "I don't know what to do with this... we don't even sell goldfish here".

Wal-Mart is fun.
Walmart sells all kinds of fish, including goldfish.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:36 PM

8,296 posts, read 9,130,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I remember years ago I tried to file my taxes at a Jackson Hewitt at Walmart. The lady had been recommended by a librarian at my local library but when I went to see her she was located at the Walmart near the ghetto area of town and I found her to be very rude, and I didn't like the fact that she said she could not tell me what their fee would be until after I hired them and let them file for me . She went on to tell me that if I didn't like it to go somewhere else so I did . Before I left I told her what I thought of her but I didn't hit her or anything....

Anyway just wondering if the tax return employee was rude and provoked the customer.
The first year I worked at Walmart I let Hewitt-Jackson do my taxes. It was expensive! I'd always done my own before and have ever since. There are two ladies who work at the one in my store and they are both very nice and seem to be pretty efficient. I see them working with people all day long.

No idea what provoked the incident in this case. It shouldn't have happened though.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:50 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,729,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
The first year I worked at Walmart I let Hewitt-Jackson do my taxes. It was expensive! I'd always done my own before and have ever since. There are two ladies who work at the one in my store and they are both very nice and seem to be pretty efficient. I see them working with people all day long.

No idea what provoked the incident in this case. It shouldn't have happened though.
One of the girls I worked with told me about her accountant who worked from home. I contacted her after I left that rude Walmart tax lady. The other accountant was very nice, did a good job , and was very reasonable in her fee. I was happy with her and went back again the next year.

I think part of it is the stress of filing taxes ? Maybe that was part of the angry blowup ?

Old 02-15-2015, 06:42 PM

3,140 posts, read 3,964,970 times
Default My three points regarding that EXCELLENT video:

1) Jerry Springer seriously needs to get those two on the show for a rematch.

2) That big guy in the black boot-cut jeans/black sweatshirt/baseball cap, who was helping 'keep 'em separated' for a moment looks like he might be seriously beautiful in-the-buff. He's got the 'Hirsute Texas Redneck Look' that is so in-demand. I see a lucrative career for him, as an 'inspiration figure'. A couple of photo shoots, a solo video or two, and he's well on his way to getting Dollars-per-minute doing livecam, like this guy from the area where I grew up: https://www.facebook.com/garytaylorofficial

3) H&R Block was really trusting that hoochiemama with people's personal information? In my humble opinion, she's got "Identity Theft Risk" written all over her.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:00 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,955,537 times
I've been using TurboTax since almost forever. Some years its bugs were very annoying and time-wasting. But never once in all those years did I get in a violent fight with it. No broken monitors, no smashed keyboards or mice, nothing but an angry glare that could kill a typical Walmart employee just from the glare.

Fortunately Turbo Tax has improved a lot, and in recent years has seemed easy and reliable. It's been so easy recently, I can hardly imagine why anyone would want to take their tax return to Walmart or anywhere, when TurboTax could do it faster, easier, cheaper, and with less aggravation.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:10 PM

240 posts, read 197,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
1) Jerry Springer seriously needs to get those two on the show for a rematch.

2) That big guy in the black boot-cut jeans/black sweatshirt/baseball cap, who was helping 'keep 'em separated' for a moment looks like he might be seriously beautiful in-the-buff. He's got the 'Hirsute Texas Redneck Look' that is so in-demand. I see a lucrative career for him, as an 'inspiration figure'. A couple of photo shoots, a solo video or two, and he's well on his way to getting Dollars-per-minute doing livecam, like this guy from the area where I grew up: https://www.facebook.com/garytaylorofficial

3) H&R Block was really trusting that hoochiemama with people's personal information? In my humble opinion, she's got "Identity Theft Risk" written all over her.
Hmmm. Now that you mention it, I wonder if the tax people do a criminal background check before hiring their employees? Probably not. That's a very good reason to avoid them. At least at H&R Block the employees act professional and there aren't shoppers with kids strolling past the desk.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:17 PM

672 posts, read 603,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Walmart sells all kinds of fish, including goldfish.
Not every Wal-Mart sells fish. This one does not.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:27 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,955,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Not every Wal-Mart sells fish. This one does not.
How do you know? I've never found any Walmart that didn't sell fish. They sell small fish that are good at hiding. Maybe you just haven't found them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or