U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-16-2015, 02:50 PM
 
Location: South Seattle Suburbs
3,348 posts, read 5,811,757 times
Reputation: 3523

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't understand this whole road rage thing. The road doesn't belong to ANY ONE of us. It's all of ours to share, just as the rest of the world is. We need to remember to be patient with other drivers and keep our cool at the ones who irritate us. Yelling, screaming, cursing, and even assaulting other drivers because they aren't doing what we want serves no purpose. This poor lady is going to die, and the other vengeful driver is going to prison for the rest of his/her life because of this stupid violent act he/she perpetrated in the heat of the moment. And for what? It's all so senseless.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2015, 04:24 PM
 
48 posts, read 37,530 times
Reputation: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
Because ... that will bring the dead woman back?
Exactly. Unlike incarceration. It will bring her back. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 05:32 PM
 
16,785 posts, read 19,633,393 times
Reputation: 33226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't understand this whole road rage thing. The road doesn't belong to ANY ONE of us. It's all of ours to share, just as the rest of the world is. We need to remember to be patient with other drivers and keep our cool at the ones who irritate us. Yelling, screaming, cursing, and even assaulting other drivers because they aren't doing what we want serves no purpose. This poor lady is going to die, and the other vengeful driver is going to prison for the rest of his/her life because of this stupid violent act he/she perpetrated in the heat of the moment. And for what? It's all so senseless.
You're absolutely right.

But there may be more to this story. It is very strange.

Why is she teaching a teen who is a year and half under the age of having a permit to drive, and at 11:30pm?

They go home and the son comes out shooting?

Husband is out of town on business.

Maybe he arranged a hit? Who knows. I always remember that case in Boston where the husband said they were carjacked when it was a hit he arranged on his pregnant wife.

This seems very odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 06:07 PM
 
Location: La Mesa Aka The Table
7,183 posts, read 7,515,335 times
Reputation: 7974
Is it safe to say that, women are more prone to Road rage then men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 06:43 PM
 
13,009 posts, read 12,440,016 times
Reputation: 37270
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're absolutely right.

But there may be more to this story. It is very strange.

Why is she teaching a teen who is a year and half under the age of having a permit to drive, and at 11:30pm?

They go home and the son comes out shooting?

Husband is out of town on business.

Maybe he arranged a hit? Who knows. I always remember that case in Boston where the husband said they were carjacked when it was a hit he arranged on his pregnant wife.

This seems very odd.
It IS a very odd story. Either way, it's such a messy situation that I don't think whatever did happen will be hidden for very long. Someone is going to talk or someone is going to come forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 07:08 PM
 
17,216 posts, read 14,812,677 times
Reputation: 32777
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Is it safe to say that, women are more prone to Road rage then men?
It's not my experience, but in terms of things I've read, it seems to be only men who react to it with deadly force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 PM
 
17,216 posts, read 14,812,677 times
Reputation: 32777
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're absolutely right.

But there may be more to this story. It is very strange.

Why is she teaching a teen who is a year and half under the age of having a permit to drive, and at 11:30pm?

Maybe they wanted to wait until they were guaranteed no traffic. They used a school parking lot, maybe they had to wait until a basketball game was done and everyone gone. They celebrated a birthday party for the brother that night, maybe it ended late. The girl was 15. That is the age you get a driver's permit in Florida, and you get your license at 16.

-
They go home and the son comes out shooting?

As stated several times already, after stopping at the accident scene (which happened because she was going slow, 25, and the car got mad and sideswiped her), she got back in the car after one of the men came out of the car acting aggressive and threatened her. She made a beeline home, send daughter into the house to get son, where she ran in screaming that two guys were after them. Son grabs gun, runs out in time to see Mom on the ground and car fleeing, he fires shots at car while they are getting away.

Husband is out of town on business.

Maybe he arranged a hit? Who knows. I always remember that case in Boston where the husband said they were carjacked when it was a hit he arranged on his pregnant wife.

Yes, but that man did it himself in the middle of nowhere What hit man would agree to a hit in front of people, what kind of hit man would get out of the car in front of witnesses (the daughter) prior to the hit, so an accurate description of both him and the car could be issued to the world? Makes no sense.

This seems very odd.
I really feel people are desperate to find a reason to say this lady deserved it somehow, so they can reassure themselves it couldn't happen to them. I think she is/was innocent and this could happen to any of us, even those who think we drive courteously and don't go out at 11:30 pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,432,439 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Source? They followed her home--surely they saw her license plate while following her. They followed her home--how could they not know her address?
She is required by law to show the other driver her drivers license, and insurance card. There is no evidence that she did that. Maybe they were trying to get her license plate number and address when her son started shooting at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 09:14 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
She is required by law to show the other driver her drivers license, and insurance card. There is no evidence that she did that. Maybe they were trying to get her license plate number and address when her son started shooting at them.
No. Show DL only if asked. Never have to show insurance card unless a cop is involved.

You have evidence she was asked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,432,439 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're absolutely right.

But there may be more to this story. It is very strange.

Why is she teaching a teen who is a year and half under the age of having a permit to drive, and at 11:30pm?
As strange as this story is, that part is not so strange. Her daughter is 15 years old, which is old enough to be issued an instruction permit in Nevada. Also Nevada requires at least 10 hours of night time driving experience before a teenager can be issued a license. Dumb rules, but the mother was apparently complying with those rules.

Nevada Teen Driving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top