U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 10:43 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,726,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I saw that, too. He really provided a lot more to this than I knew before. Apparently, his wife had several interactions with him. The husband said she gave him money, counseled him and tried to (sort of) parent him.

The story just gets more bizarre every day.
Of course I could be way off, but I felt like the husband was putting on a show for the cameras. He was crying but no tears. If you're emotional for real the tears come on their own.

Maybe this whole thing was a setup and he paid this kid to kill her. Who knows? Nothing made sense with the driving lesson at 11pm at night. Why would a car pull in behind you like that? Maybe he was going to shoot her than and got nervous.

She recognized him and they were off to the races.

The husband's "grief" doesn't seem genuine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 11:22 PM

2,613 posts, read 2,422,123 times
Quote:
I saw that, too. He really provided a lot more to this than I knew before. Apparently, his wife had several interactions with him. The husband said she gave him money, counseled him and tried to (sort of) parent him.

Yeah gave him money for drugs.... The only reason you go out at that time at night is to get more drugs. You meet up with the guy and he robs or tries to otherwise rip you off. You then get mad go back and get your son with a gun to get revenge, and wind up dead. Your neighbor doesn't just randomly shoot you for a road rage/honking horn incident. This guy was obviously the moms drug dealer. Case closed.

They really need to hire me on as an investigator for the LVPD, are they really that clueless?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:38 PM

10,458 posts, read 9,512,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Of course I could be way off, but I felt like the husband was putting on a show for the cameras. He was crying but no tears. If you're emotional for real the tears come on their own.

Maybe this whole thing was a setup and he paid this kid to kill her. Who knows? Nothing made sense with the driving lesson at 11pm at night. Why would a car pull in behind you like that? Maybe he was going to shoot her than and got nervous.

She recognized him and they were off to the races.

The husband's "grief" doesn't seem genuine.
It did seem a bit theatrical. I'm surprised the police let him get so close to the house. That seemed odd to me but I don't know how the cops are in Vegas. Around here, streets are cordoned off so no one gets in, not even the press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Yeah gave him money for drugs.... The only reason you go out at that time at night is to get more drugs. You meet up with the guy and he robs or tries to otherwise rip you off. You then get mad go back and get your son with a gun to get revenge, and wind up dead. Your neighbor doesn't just randomly shoot you for a road rage/honking horn incident. This guy was obviously the moms drug dealer. Case closed.

They really need to hire me on as an investigator for the LVPD, are they really that clueless?
That sounds as reasonable as any other explanation. I'd sure like to know what actually happened. Maybe the actual truth will come out soon.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:39 PM

10,546 posts, read 7,538,478 times
Quote:

Hubby says his wife and the skinny kid usually met in "the park" (near their houses). Going by their FB pages none of these people look like nature-lovers, frisbee-throwers, or dog-walkers.
Have to wonder if "counseled" him is a euphemism for "bought drugs from" him.
Which begs the question of what really went down that night. The son and mother knew who they were going after, and the son initially chose to withhold this information from police. The question is "why?", and a drug deal gone awry is as good an explanation as any.

Reading his FB posts, it's clear gun-toting son is a self-confessed hothead to say the least, and although there was no road rage in this incident, he posted awhile earlier about his own rage when a pedestrian cut in front of a car he was riding in. He said that if his gf (driver) hadn't peeled out of there, he would have ****** up the pedestrian. In other posts he alludes to his anger problems, sometimes expressing regret, sometimes bragging.
NOT a person I'd choose to take with me unless I seriously planned to inflict some shock and damage.

It's entirely possible the Meyers called the kid and asked him to come to their house and could have fired first. The LVPD is surely checking cell records.

edit: I see other posters here beat me to it. Also it's possible the Mom was the dealer and the kid the customer.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 02-19-2015 at 11:51 PM..

Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,812,682 times
The dead mom's son should be indicted for causing his mom's death by going out with his gun looking for trouble.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 PM

10,458 posts, read 9,512,114 times
That whole "meeting in the park" does sound suspicious.

Do you recall hearing the reporter in that news story saying the police are looking into whether there was someone with him at the time of the shooting. I heard that today. Maybe this kid did the shooting while someone else was driving or vice versa.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Looks like some gangsta wanna be. According to a news report this is the chump...
He looks downright wholesome compared to some FB photos of Brandon Meyers.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Do you recall hearing the reporter in that news story saying the police are looking into whether there was someone with him at the time of the shooting. I heard that today. Maybe this kid did the shooting while someone else was driving or vice versa.
The kid didn't drive, didn't have a car, didn't even have a drivers license. So IF he arrived by car (and who knows? we only have the son's word), he was a passenger.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:04 AM

20,355 posts, read 20,534,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Hubby says his wife and the skinny kid usually met in "the park" (near their houses). Going by their FB pages none of these people look like nature-lovers, frisbee-throwers, or dog-walkers.
Have to wonder if "counseled" him is a euphemism for "bought drugs from" him.
Which begs the question of what really went down that night. The son and mother knew who they were going after, and the son initially chose to withhold this information from police. The question is "why?", and a drug deal gone awry is as good an explanation as any.

Reading his FB posts, it's clear gun-toting son is a self-confessed hothead to say the least, and although there was no road rage in this incident, he posted awhile earlier about his own rage when a pedestrian cut in front of a car he was riding in. He said that if his gf (driver) hadn't peeled out of there, he would have ****** up the pedestrian. In other posts he alludes to his anger problems, sometimes expressing regret, sometimes bragging.
NOT a person I'd choose to take with me unless I seriously planned to inflict some shock and damage.

It's entirely possible the Meyers called the kid and asked him to come to their house and could have fired first. The LVPD is surely checking cell records.

edit: I see other posters here beat me to it. Also it's possible the Mom was the dealer and the kid the customer.
they were probably lovers!

Old 02-20-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Not really. It will likely turn out that the police asked them not to reveal the guy's name.
That doesn't hold water. According to various news sources, this was released, and the description doesn't remotely resemble the kid they arrested:
Quote:
The suspect, who has not been identified, was described by police as a white male, about 25 years old, who stands at 6 feet tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has “dirty blonde hair worn in a spiked style and has hazel or blue eyes,” police have said. The suspect’s car is described as a four-door silver or grey sedan.
We don't know yet if this suspect and car were entirely fabricated by Brandon Meyers and his sister, or if they deliberately described a suspect they didn't know while concealing the identity of the one they did know.
I suspect the former but either way they're liars.

Interesting isn't it, that they gave such a detailed description right down to eye color of the guy but were so vague on the car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or