Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 02:22 PM

671 posts, read 900,778 times

Advertisements

I have a gun so I can kill other people who try to kill me with their gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 02:25 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Then hit and run laws are pretty much worthless. Since stopping after any accident, could potentially be a dangerous situation.
Yes of course they can be. As soon as one has a rational reason for a threat one can leave. This situation is even cleaner as she stopped and talked to the other driver.

Why this insane desire to find fault with the dead woman?

Old 02-15-2015, 02:44 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Yes of course they can be. As soon as one has a rational reason for a threat one can leave. This situation is even cleaner as she stopped and talked to the other driver.

Why this insane desire to find fault with the dead woman?
It doesn't really matter whether the woman may or may not have had any fault for the accident, or what followed. The price she ended up paying was far beyond anything she have possibly deserved. She was stalked and killed. Pre-meditated murder. Period.
Hope they catch the dirtbag that did it.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:05 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
I hope they catch the guy and he gets the death sentence.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:05 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,837 times
We'll find out no doubt, that the killer had a criminal records and committed numerous other crimes. How does that mesh with those who think prisons are too harsh, the length of prison terms too lengthy and all that rehabilitation talk and that a felony conviction should be expunged after some clean time eh?

Old 02-15-2015, 03:09 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,837 times
Quote:
This is the relevant Nevada law. She did not follow the law. That is hit and run.

NRS 484E.020  Duty to stop at scene of accident involving damage to vehicle or property.  The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle or other property which is driven or attended by any person shall:
1.  Immediately stop his or her vehicle at the scene of the accident; and
2.  As soon as reasonably practicable, if the driver’s vehicle is obstructing traffic and can be moved safely, move the vehicle or cause the vehicle to be moved to a location as close thereto as possible that does not obstruct traffic and return to and remain at the scene of the accident until the driver has fulfilled the requirements of NRS 484E.030.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1483; A 1997, 2798; 2007, 77)—(Substituted in revision for NRS 484.221)

NRS 484E.030  Duty to give information and render aid.
1.  The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any person or damage to any vehicle or other property which is driven or attended by any person shall:
(a) Give his or her name, address and the registration number of the vehicle the driver is driving, and shall upon request and if available exhibit his or her license to operate a motor vehicle to any person injured in such accident or to the driver or occupant of or person attending any vehicle or other property damaged in such accident;

(b) Give such information and upon request manually surrender such license to any police officer at the scene of the accident or who is investigating the accident; and
(c) Render to any person injured in such accident reasonable assistance, including the carrying, or the making of arrangements for the carrying, of such person to a physician, surgeon or hospital for medical or surgical treatment if it is apparent that such treatment is necessary, or if such carrying is requested by the injured person.
2.  If no police officer is present, the driver of any vehicle involved in such accident after fulfilling all other requirements of subsection 1 and NRS 484E.010, insofar as possible on his or her part to be performed, shall forthwith report such accident to the nearest office of a police authority or of the Nevada Highway Patrol and submit thereto the information specified in subsection 1.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-...#NRS484ESec020
How is any of that relevant?

Old 02-15-2015, 03:20 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
This is the relevant Nevada law. She did not follow the law. That is hit and run.

NRS 484E.020  Duty to stop at scene of accident involving damage to vehicle or property.  The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle or other property which is driven or attended by any person shall:
1.  Immediately stop his or her vehicle at the scene of the accident; and
2.  As soon as reasonably practicable, if the driver’s vehicle is obstructing traffic and can be moved safely, move the vehicle or cause the vehicle to be moved to a location as close thereto as possible that does not obstruct traffic and return to and remain at the scene of the accident until the driver has fulfilled the requirements of NRS 484E.030.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1483; A 1997, 2798; 2007, 77)—(Substituted in revision for NRS 484.221)

NRS 484E.030  Duty to give information and render aid.
1.  The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any person or damage to any vehicle or other property which is driven or attended by any person shall:
(a) Give his or her name, address and the registration number of the vehicle the driver is driving, and shall upon request and if available exhibit his or her license to operate a motor vehicle to any person injured in such accident or to the driver or occupant of or person attending any vehicle or other property damaged in such accident;

(b) Give such information and upon request manually surrender such license to any police officer at the scene of the accident or who is investigating the accident; and
(c) Render to any person injured in such accident reasonable assistance, including the carrying, or the making of arrangements for the carrying, of such person to a physician, surgeon or hospital for medical or surgical treatment if it is apparent that such treatment is necessary, or if such carrying is requested by the injured person.
2.  If no police officer is present, the driver of any vehicle involved in such accident after fulfilling all other requirements of subsection 1 and NRS 484E.010, insofar as possible on his or her part to be performed, shall forthwith report such accident to the nearest office of a police authority or of the Nevada Highway Patrol and submit thereto the information specified in subsection 1.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-...#NRS484ESec020
What are you talking about?? The law does not require you to stay in a dangerous situation where you are being physically threatened, don't be ridiculous.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
That should be rule #1 for how to avoid road rage incidents. Drive defensively and don't come in contact with other vehicles, or **** off other drivers and you probably won't be the victim of road rage.

Unfortunately this woman was teaching her daughter to drive, and it appears that she was a less then competent driver herself.

You seem intent on blaming this death on the victim. Whether or not she was at fault in the accident, she pulled over, and someone in the other vehicle threatened her. So, having her young daughter with her, she got back and her car and drove home. I might have done the same.

The murderer had her license plate and address. He could could have driven away, gone home and called his insurance company and let them handle it.

Instead he chose to shoot at her. He or one of his passengers had threatened her, so I suspect they were trying to intimidate her. Her husband was away on a business trip, so she probably told her daughter to go inside and her son went to get a gun.

The people who threatened her had followed her home--do you you understand the impact of that on a woman with two kids and a husband who is away?

The shooter in the car is at fault, and I hope when they find him, they throw the book at him. He really should learn to behave like a civilized human being. If he did nothing wrong, and the son shot at him first so he was only defending himself, why hasn't he come forward? He is a murderous coward in hiding and fugitive from justice.

Last edited by Enigma777; 02-15-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 02-15-2015, 03:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Driving defensively has nothing to do with fault. It has to do with deliberately driving in such a way as to avoid any accidents. If you avoid an accident, then you don't need to communicate with an other pissed off driver. Unfortunately not many people there days practice defensive driving.
Your logic is ridiculous. I am a defensive driver. I drive very carefully with my lights on at all times, so any idiots with bad eyesight, who can't see has the ability to see me and I use my horn a lot, just in case they do not see me.

Last week, I was at a stoplight--stopped. Some idiot smashed into the entire line of traffic, starting with two cars in back of me, also stopped. He damaged five cars, including mine. He ruined my weekend and cost me $500 deductible, which I hope my insurance company will collect from his. He received a citation from the police, who responded and investigated, and he will no doubt be found guilty of causing this accident.

I'm sure in your mind, I should have followed him home and shot at him. Civilized people deal with accidents for which they are not at fault, in a civilized manner, not with a gun.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:31 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
KaaBoom-

I see what you are saying and it is also very possible lady was at fault when collision occurred. She seemed to have stopped to share info or whatever. However, even if she just chose to run away it does not matter anymore. The guy who shot her is at fault now. Earlier may be he wasn't. Lady is dead - this is the end result. There is no way you can justify her being shot no matter what she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events