U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 04:40 AM

3,652 posts, read 3,740,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It doesn't really matter whether the woman may or may not have had any fault for the accident, or what followed. The price she ended up paying was far beyond anything she have possibly deserved. She was stalked and killed. Pre-meditated murder. Period.
Hope they catch the dirtbag that did it.

Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 06:59 AM

1,603 posts, read 841,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthewise1 View Post
Quite likely the other driver had a gun for the same reason. A handy gun and a momentary lapse in judgement is all that is needed.
I'm too old for young buck BS, but I'll defend myself against one.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:10 AM

13,201 posts, read 7,423,414 times
I don't understand this whole road rage thing. The road doesn't belong to ANY ONE of us. It's all of ours to share, just as the rest of the world is. We need to remember to be patient with other drivers and keep our cool at the ones who irritate us. Yelling, screaming, cursing, and even assaulting other drivers because they aren't doing what we want serves no purpose. This poor lady is going to die, and the other vengeful driver is going to prison for the rest of his/her life because of this stupid violent act he/she perpetrated in the heat of the moment. And for what? It's all so senseless.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:45 AM

14,817 posts, read 18,832,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This story has so much miss-information that it's ridicules. First she was not teaching her daughter to drive. She was driving her daughter home when she got into an accident with another vehicle which resulted in damage to the passenger door of her car. She was driving, not her daughter. She then proceeded to continue to drive home. That is hit and run.

When she got home, she had her daughter go into the house and got her son to come out with a gun. There was a gun battle and she ended up getting shot in the head.

OK I admit I don't really know what happened, but there is obviously so much more to this story then is being reported. If you drive responsibly and politely and don't cause problems for other drivers, they probably won't follow you home and try to kill you. At least that is my experience.
Doesn't surprise me
typical from today's news media

Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 AM

17,324 posts, read 14,859,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Doesn't surprise me
It has been established poster didn't actually hear any of that but just postulated her own theory.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:13 AM

19,740 posts, read 8,253,400 times
Quote:
Source?
Source? They followed her home--surely they saw her license plate while following her. They followed her home--how could they not know her address?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Doesn't surprise me
Then perhaps a more recent news article might help?

"The suspect’s vehicle then appeared outside the home, and someone inside the car fired multiple shots, one of which struck Meyers, investigators said.

“There was no excuse, no reason. And I hope to God, they know we’re looking. And they will be caught. She suffered immensely,” said Susan Ramos, a relative of Meyers.

Tammy Meyers’ husband, Robert Meyers, said their adult son emerged from the house and fired several shots with a handgun at the fleeing car. He told his father that there were three people inside."

Police hunt suspect in road rage attack that killed Las Vegas mom | Fox News

Old 02-16-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
When stopped behind another vehicle, you should always leave enough space to pull out and pass without having to back up. Leaving this space protects you in three ways: it lets you pull around the vehicle in front if it stalls; it helps prevent you from being pushed into the vehicle ahead if you are hit from behind; and it reduces the risk of collision if the vehicle ahead rolls backward or backs up.

Liability is difficult to prove in the situation you described. An argument could be made that you hit the car in front of you, and then the cars behind you, hit you. In which case you would be liable for the damage to the car in front of you. More then likely the insurance companies will just divide up the liability between all the cars involved in your accident. It sounds like you were all following too closely.
I am well aware of what you should do, and it is not "you should leave enough room to pull out," as some people gauge that to be enough space to land a plane--it is that you should be able to see the bottom of the tires of the vehicle in front of you. I do that. I also use my blinker religiously, which many do not.

Actually, splitting liability is not "more likely." The police determined and told us that the liability was with the person who did not stop and hit a line of motionless cars. My insurance company also said this is considered a "not at fault" accident. The "more likely" determined cause is that the driver was going too fast, did not brake soon enough and hit the cars with enough force to push them into each other (physics). Neither the police or any of the investigators have asked how close the cars were to the cars in front of them, as it is irrelevant because the cars were not moving. Your scenario of "splitting liability" makes no sense at all and has not even been suggested by the insurance company. The guy who caused the accident had massive front end damage and left a long skid mark on the road. The only insurance company contacted by the others has been his.

The law also varies by state. According to Florida law "in most cases, it usually comes down to the driver who started the chain that is going to be held responsible—it’s the rule of thumb that generally applies."

http://news.onlineautoinsurance.com/...nsurance-98571

But guess what is illegal? Following someone home and shooting and killing them in their front yard. And there is no doubt who was at fault.

Last edited by Enigma777; 02-16-2015 at 12:33 PM..

Old 02-16-2015, 12:16 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,053,822 times
WTF's the matter with the world today? the mother and daughter may have taken too long or made a few mistakes driving home but to get killed over it? some real tough guys, "not" I hope someone seeks these dirtballs out and takes them down out in a frosty manner, and kudos to the young man who came out in defense of his mother and sister blasting, I only hope they can look back at some of the Security tapes out there and get the license number of these murders, and I hope the three of them get's fragged out.

Thanks,
Knight

Old 02-16-2015, 02:49 PM

3,348 posts, read 5,815,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I hope they catch the guy and he gets the death sentence.
Because ... that will bring the dead woman back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or