Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:04 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times

Advertisements

Amazing that anyone would remotely seek to justify shooting someone in the head or getting in a gun battle over a fleeting driving incident or fenderbender. This is what happens when you have guns and people with short fuses. We should not have to live in a society where it is shoot first and ask questions later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 08:20 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
I have a loaded .45 in my glove box precisely because I cannot trust people not to try and kill me over an actual or perceived minor driving incident.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:25 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I didn't see any of that info, but it certainly sheds more light if true. Can you post the link to the source? I would like to read the whole article.
OP said she was just giving another possible scenario - last paragraph of the post.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
OP said she was just giving another possible scenario - last paragraph of the post.

Oh...then why does she think what's come out so far is misinformation?

I think people just need to look for a reason why it wouldn't be them, I guess.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:47 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,379,685 times
Is that really how to solve a road rage?

I'm new to this country and I'm a new driver (despite being an adult) and every time I change lane, someone will try to kill me

Old 02-15-2015, 10:49 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Terrible, especially the other car following the mother home.

I'd think the last place you'd want to go following a scary road rage incident is back to your place of residence.

Husband: Mom shot teaching daughter to drive may not live
Well exactly, because you do not want the nuts to know where you live in the event they decide to come back at a less conspicuous time. They should have kept driving and called the police. If they didn't have a cellphone with them and felt compelled to go somewhere, they should have driven to the nearest police station.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:50 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Amazing that anyone would remotely seek to justify shooting someone in the head or getting in a gun battle over a fleeting driving incident or fenderbender. This is what happens when you have guns and people with short fuses. We should not have to live in a society where it is shoot first and ask questions later.
And your solution to this would be what exactly?

Old 02-15-2015, 10:54 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This story has so much miss-information that it's ridicules. First she was not teaching her daughter to drive. She was driving her daughter home when she got into an accident with another vehicle which resulted in damage to the passenger door of her car. She was driving, not her daughter. She then proceeded to continue to drive home. That is hit and run.

When she got home, she had her daughter go into the house and got her son to come out with a gun. There was a gun battle and she ended up getting shot in the head.

OK I admit I don't really know what happened, but there is obviously so much more to this story then is being reported. If you drive responsibly and politely and don't cause problems for other drivers, they probably won't follow you home and try to kill you. At least that is my experience.
So, is what you wrote accurate or not ? If it is, it changes things.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:57 AM

48 posts, read 47,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
I have a loaded .45 in my glove box precisely because I cannot trust people not to try and kill me over an actual or perceived minor driving incident.
Quite likely the other driver had a gun for the same reason. A handy gun and a momentary lapse in judgement is all that is needed.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:04 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This story has so much miss-information that it's ridicules. First she was not teaching her daughter to drive. She was driving her daughter home when she got into an accident with another vehicle which resulted in damage to the passenger door of her car. She was driving, not her daughter. She then proceeded to continue to drive home. That is hit and run.

When she got home, she had her daughter go into the house and got her son to come out with a gun. There was a gun battle and she ended up getting shot in the head.

OK I admit I don't really know what happened, but there is obviously so much more to this story then is being reported. If you drive responsibly and politely and don't cause problems for other drivers, they probably won't follow you home and try to kill you. At least that is my experience.
It was not a hit and run--it was run from a threat after a hit. Many claim that this issue is caused by a change of the law in Las Vegas. Police no longer respond to property-damage-only accidents. The drivers are supposed to stop and exchange information.

In addition, apparently a lot of residents of the Las Vegas area own guns and often wield them in traffic if someone dares honk at them.

So you have a perfect storm--the police do not respond to accidents and take reports, leaving it to those in the accident to settle among themselves, combined with a well-armed population. The guys followed her and had her address. They did not need to shoot. If the woman already was threatened by them, she probably felt the need for her son to protect them.

"When his wife pulled over after the crash, there was a confrontation and at least one of the three people from the other car threatened her, Meyers said. Sensing danger, Tammy Meyers got back into her vehicle and drove away from the scene, police said. The other vehicle followed Meyers and her daughter back to the family’s house, in the 7900 block of Mt. Shasta Circle."

Mother of four shot in road-rage incident dies | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Metro to quit responding to minor traffic accidents beginning March 3 - Las Vegas Sun News

Last edited by Enigma777; 02-15-2015 at 11:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events