Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 08:55 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
I have a gun so I can kill other people who try to kill me with their gun.
If you live in TX or certain other states, you can kill people for just wandering onto your lawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 08:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
I have a loaded .45 in my glove box precisely because I cannot trust people not to try and kill me over an actual or perceived minor driving incident.
So, you'll be armed when you're killed.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There are conflicting stories. One version says the shooting occurred on a second pass by the silver car.

I suspect that no one knows what happened at this point. Those involved notoriously lose perspective as they try to reconstruct the sequence. Stories also change to how the participant would like it to be.

Brother running out with gun would almost certainly justify the people in the car opening fire. Gun in hand in any remotely hostile situation would justify the other side opening fire. Even a gun in sight could well be a justification for opening fire.

The rational man may well be the death of a number of people.
It wouldn't justify them opening fire on the mom. It would only justify them opening fire to protect themselves from the armed family member. Either way, they're toast, legally.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
I have a loaded .45 in my glove box precisely because I cannot trust people not to try and kill me over an actual or perceived minor driving incident.
Just be sure there are no 2- or 3-year-olds in the car. They can be dangerous. They know how to arm themselves.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:22 PM

550 posts, read 637,740 times
I live in Las Vegas where this incident took place. We are a city of only 2 million, but sadly this kind of thing happens all too often in this town.

This is the latest update on the story, from today's Las Vegas Sun.

Police seek suspect in road-rage incident that left woman dead from shot in head - Las Vegas Sun News

Old 02-15-2015, 09:23 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
How close was I? You apparently are not familiar with rush hour in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami. There were about 25 cars at a ramp light waiting to get on the interstate. There is not a lot of room for space between cars. In addition, I figured later that if the cars had more space between them, the impacts would have been worse for each due to the momentum being greater, and the guy setting off the chain reaction was going fast and had a heavy Mercedes.
When stopped behind another vehicle, you should always leave enough space to pull out and pass without having to back up. Leaving this space protects you in three ways: it lets you pull around the vehicle in front if it stalls; it helps prevent you from being pushed into the vehicle ahead if you are hit from behind; and it reduces the risk of collision if the vehicle ahead rolls backward or backs up.

Liability is difficult to prove in the situation you described. An argument could be made that you hit the car in front of you, and then the cars behind you, hit you. In which case you would be liable for the damage to the car in front of you. More then likely the insurance companies will just divide up the liability between all the cars involved in your accident. It sounds like you were all following too closely.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
They had accomplished that and had the address.
Source?

Old 02-15-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just be sure there are no 2- or 3-year-olds in the car. They can be dangerous. They know how to arm themselves.
Or a trigger happy cop who fears for his life when he opens up the glove box to get is registration.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:36 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They pulled into the driveway, mom sent daughter into house for help where she ran in screaming that these guys were after them, brother came running out with his gun but too late, shot at the car as they were getting away after they shot his mom. This is not a new detail, the story hasn't changed, this was in the news reports from the beginning.
Never trust a news report. They really don't care if they have the facts or not.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:41 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
I wonder if the shooter has a criminal background, or other reasons not to have a gun, if only such things were enforced, in spite of the protests of gun nuts who want every maniac armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events