Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 09:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I really feel people are desperate to find a reason to say this lady deserved it somehow, so they can reassure themselves it couldn't happen to them. I think she is/was innocent and this could happen to any of us, even those who think we drive courteously and don't go out at 11:30 pm.

A couple of things.

No one said this lady deserved it, just that there are some odd circumstances.

The girl was reported as 14 on several new sites.

And what does Florida, have to do with anything? They live in Nevada, where the age to get a permit is 15 1/2 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 10:52 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Now, nobody denies that this is a sad incident, but positioning this as a "woman teaching her daughter how to drive killed in road rage incident" is probably more like "woman shot after road rage incident stemming from accident". The daughter who had been previously under instruction, appears to have had no part in the actual incident, nor whatever transpired after the fact.

Plenty of fail in this thread.
The media put a twist on the headline to draw more attention.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:07 AM

50,781 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
A couple of things.

No one said this lady deserved it, just that there are some odd circumstances.

The girl was reported as 14 on several new sites.

And what does Florida, have to do with anything? They live in Nevada, where the age to get a permit is 15 1/2 years old.
Okay I was wrong about the state, but it doesn't change the age. I read nothing in any news source that said she was 14. I don't think there is anything odd about it. Again, I think many WANT there to be something odd about it so they can reassure themselves it couldn't happen to them.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:24 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
The reports I read all indicated that the daughter was 14. Here are a few- there are many more

Husband: Mom Shot Teaching Daughter to Drive May Not Live - ABC News

Vegas mom shot while teaching daughter to drive dies

Police hunt suspect in road rage attack that killed Las Vegas mom | Fox News

Old 02-17-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
What does this change in your mind? What difference does it possibly make? If your daughter gets her permit at 15, you find it odd her parents would start teaching her in an empty parking lot when she's 14 and 10 months? Haven't parents been doing this for years? NOTHING has changed in this story, no police officers think there is anything more here than what is on the surface, so why are people here so insistent on finding some reason it's not as innocent as it is?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:32 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,073 times
Quote:
Okay I was wrong about the state, but it doesn't change the age. I read nothing in any news source that said she was 14. I don't think there is anything odd about it. Again, I think many WANT there to be something odd about it so they can reassure themselves it couldn't happen to them.
Quote:
What does this change in your mind? What difference does it possibly make? NOTHING has changed in this story, no police officers think there is anything more here than what is on the surface, so why are people here so insistent on finding some reason it's not as innocent as it is?
He simply gave you a link where it says she's 14 because of what you wrote.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
He simply gave you a link where it says she's 14 because of what you wrote.
It doesn't change anything I wrote, I never said no source claimed she was 14 just that I hadn't read any. Now having read them, I see some said 14, but still don't see how it's relevant in the slightest. Again, if there seemed to be more beneath the surface, I think the cops would see it too, since they don't I don't get why others here still insist there's more to the story.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:48 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,073 times
Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't change anything I wrote, I never said no source claimed she was 14 just that I hadn't read any. Now having read them, I see some said 14, but still don't see how it's relevant in the slightest. Again, if there seemed to be more beneath the surface, I think the cops would see it too, since they don't I don't get why others here still insist there's more to the story.
I am not arguing about the age or anything. I believe whatever happened on the road shouldn't lead to someone's getting shot. But read again what you wrote. The poster that you quoted simply wanted to show you a number of reports that do say she's 14 which you did not believe by saying "Okay I was wrong about the state, but it doesn't change the age. I read nothing in any news source that said she was 14." or at least that's how it looks like to me.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
I am not arguing about the age or anything. I believe whatever happened on the road shouldn't lead to someone's getting shot. But read again what you wrote. The poster that you quoted simply wanted to show you a number of reports that do say she's 14 which you did not believe by saying "Okay I was wrong about the state, but it doesn't change the age. I read nothing in any news source that said she was 14." or at least that's how it looks like to me.
Okay

Old 02-17-2015, 12:36 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Then perhaps a more recent news article might help?

"The suspect’s vehicle then appeared outside the home, and someone inside the car fired multiple shots, one of which struck Meyers, investigators said.

“There was no excuse, no reason. And I hope to God, they know we’re looking. And they will be caught. She suffered immensely,” said Susan Ramos, a relative of Meyers.

Tammy Meyers’ husband, Robert Meyers, said their adult son emerged from the house and fired several shots with a handgun at the fleeing car. He told his father that there were three people inside."

Police hunt suspect in road rage attack that killed Las Vegas mom | Fox News
So why didn't the woman go right inside the house with her daughter? If the shooting happened so fast the car would have been long gone by the time the daughter went in and the son got to grab the gun and go outside. It sounds more like a shoot-out between two parties. The son should not be shooting at cars in a neighborhood especially if the car was fleeing, very dangerous to others living there. The whole family should have stayed inside the house and called police. This is really disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events