Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 11:39 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,305,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Here's my Theory
Killer was ex boyfriend of Daughter. Mom And Daughter go out one night, and daughter Breaks down about losing her virginity and boyfriend breaking up with her. She caught him having sex with her best friend, and is now heart broken. Mom, "pissed" then comes home and tell her son, about what happened to his sister. Son in a fit of rage goes over to sisters ex boyfriends house to have a chat with him. Mom Goes with son just to make sure son doesn't flip out on his sister's ex boyfriend. Son see ex boyfriend in his car and cuts him off, causing a fender bender. Son pulls gun on ex boyfriend and tells him "he gonna pay for what he did to his sister's heart". Ex Boyfriends blows it all off until "Many Men" by Gangsta Rap artist 50cent comes on his Ipod. Ex boyfriend then remembers were his Drunken Step dad keeps his 9m. The ex boyfriend then goes home grabs the 9m, and heads over to the Meyers house for a little pay back. He Pulls up to front of the house turns the 9m sideways and starts Blasting Fools. One lucky shot Hits Tammy Meyers in the head and the rest is history
Not a bad theory.... LVMPD needs to hire us denizens of city data!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 11:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Is it safe to say that, women are more prone to Road rage then men?
Statistically, it is not safe to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Oh come on, OF COURSE they knew who he was! He apparently lived a block or two away. I thought it was weird that they would go out and drive around Vegas aimlessly looking for a specific car. Now I'm thinking that they went to his place, words were exchanged (maybe Sonny Boy flashed his piece) and this punk just returned the favor, now showing up at their house, only instead of just flashing a piece, he shoots it. I'm glad they caught this punk, but the Meyers family is FAR from innocent. Truth be told, they sound like a white trash family . Honestly, this sounds like the sort of gangland shooting that's always happening around Chicago- idiots just need a stupid, minor reason to escalate already rising tensions.

I'm kind of disgusted that LVPD is sticking up for a woman who basically took the law into her own hands and paid the ultimate price. Would have been better if they had insisted that people call the police instead of seeking revenge.
Yes. This all seems like an episode of How to Get Away with Murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
There is more to this than meets the eye. We are calling it 'road rage' simply because vehicles and an accident were envolved.

I cant think of any other road rage case where the people envolved knew each other and lived 1 street away from each other. Doesnt mean its not road rage, but most criminals would realize their chances of escaping prosecution would be next to none under these circumstances.

Why did it take a week to make an arrest?

Seems like a long time to wait when you allegedly know who commited the crime.
I agree - road rage is the red herring. I'm beginning to wonder if road rage has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This tragic case is getting curiouser and curiouser.
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
why can't we get the coppers to spend a little more time watching cop shows on TV like some of the other experts posting here so that they can get this case solved quicker?
I KNOW, right?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:47 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,044 times
Back in the day (here I go again), there was a sheriff in Clark County that had a real low tolerance for this kind of wanna be gangster "gun play". People ask about " the good old days" ...well I can almost assure you that by now this entire situation would have been resolved.

The victims family would not have been telling "half truths" and the kid currently in custody would be "singing like a parakeet".

Yes, there would be respect shown to the victim...regardless of poor decisions...she did not deserve to die....however her children would be coming clean and the kid in custody would be singing like a parakeet...there would be proper respect shown for the victim and then there would be at least two U Hauls headed out of Dodge....

Once again, Vegas has been displayed on the national level in a very negative light...and that negativity was not well tolerated....back in the day !

Times have changed....but those that were here, back in the day know exactly what I am talking about....the old days weren't so bad !

Old 02-20-2015, 12:56 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Saw the husband on the national news, I didn't find him to be sincere in his grief. I know people all act differently, but he was doing the crying with no tears coming out scenario.

He was out of town when this happened. Wondering if more will come out on this.
I think you are reading too much into it. People grieve differently. That said I'm not impressed with any of the family members. They seem like typical white trash.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:01 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,964 times
This story is so stupid.

Keep it classy Vegas.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
The dead mom's son should be indicted for causing his mom's death by going out with his gun looking for trouble.
That would certainly seem to be an appropriate charge. Read all the time about get away drivers being prosecuted for murder when something goes wrong in a robbery. Even friends and family members have been prosecuted for murder when someone they were with gets shot during a crime as minor as trespassing.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:33 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
This story is so stupid.

Keep it classy Vegas.
With all respect, this particular incident in no different than those played out every single day in every major city throughout the US...the major difference being it's "Vegas". Anything and everything negative about this city tends to be put under the national magnifying glass and critiqued.

I am the first one to speak out about the negative aspects, but also the first to defend a place I have called home to for a very long time. People move here, thinking they are gonna spin the wheel and live happily forever after...and when the reality of life sets in...suddenly Vegas is a "s**thole".

Vegas is Vegas...rapid growth, poor planning all have contributed to the problems we face today. It is like anywhere else...it's all on how you perceive it...

Old 02-20-2015, 02:49 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Here's my Theory
Killer was ex boyfriend of Daughter. Mom And Daughter go out one night, and daughter Breaks down about losing her virginity and boyfriend breaking up with her. She caught him having sex with her best friend, and is now heart broken. Mom, "pissed" then comes home and tell her son, about what happened to his sister. Son in a fit of rage goes over to sisters ex boyfriends house to have a chat with him. Mom Goes with son just to make sure son doesn't flip out on his sister's ex boyfriend. Son see ex boyfriend in his car and cuts him off, causing a fender bender. Son pulls gun on ex boyfriend and tells him "he gonna pay for what he did to his sister's heart". Ex Boyfriends blows it all off until "Many Men" by Gangsta Rap artist 50cent comes on his Ipod. Ex boyfriend then remembers were his Drunken Step dad keeps his 9m. The ex boyfriend then goes home grabs the 9m, and heads over to the Meyers house for a little pay back. He Pulls up to front of the house turns the 9m sideways and starts Blasting Fools. One lucky shot Hits Tammy Meyers in the head and the rest is history

(http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-...tandard-30.jpg)

Old 02-20-2015, 03:43 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
According to article:

Looks like son did have some sense but not enough to deter the whole thing.

"Her mother was able to speed around the car and they returned home, where the daughter was told to wake up her 22-year-old brother, Brandon. Brandon Meyers grabbed his 9mm Beretta and went outside and told his mom to come inside and call the police — but she refused, and said she'd go looking for the driver without him if he didn't get in the car, according to the warrant."

Here is the punk who shot - he should not be out for a long time.

Nowsch told the friends he thought he saw a gun being waved from the window of that car, so he "put a clip in his gun and started shooting at the green car," according to the warrant.
When he met with friends early the next morning after the incident, he appeared happy and coherent, they said. He told them that he "got those kids, they were after me, and I got them." Nowsch said he opened fire on someone running from the car they'd followed, and he was sure he hit someone, according to the warrant.

Suspect in Tammy Meyers Shooting Bragged 'I Got Them," Police Say - NBC News

Old 02-20-2015, 04:00 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
roflrofl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events