Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 08:12 PM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Terrible, especially the other car following the mother home.

I'd think the last place you'd want to go following a scary road rage incident is back to your place of residence.

Husband: Mom shot teaching daughter to drive may not live

Quote:
Robert Meyers told reporters that Tammy Meyers, 44, was driving home after letting her daughter take the wheel of the family's green Buick Park Avenue in a nearby school parking lot when a silver four-door sedan that had been following them passed and hit the brakes.

Tammy Meyers steered around the car and continued driving home. Meyers said she sent their youngest daughter into the house before the shooting. He described the girl as emotionally distraught.

Meyers said their adult son emerged from their house and fired several shots with a handgun at the fleeing car. He told his father there were three people in the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 08:20 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Unhappy *

God bless her son.......... Im sorry he missed them!!!!

Poor lady........ I hope she recovers

Old 02-14-2015, 08:26 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
So sad; SO senseless. Maybe the family will donate her organs when they remove her from life support. It will not bring her back, but the many people it can help might help in their grief. She is a RN, I bet she would be for it.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:52 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
The result of taking ten miles to pass a semi.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:31 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
OMG, what is wrong with us as a society? This is horrible, just awful.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:45 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Terrible, especially the other car following the mother home.

I'd think the last place you'd want to go following a scary road rage incident is back to your place of residence.

Husband: Mom shot teaching daughter to drive may not live
This story has so much miss-information that it's ridicules. First she was not teaching her daughter to drive. She was driving her daughter home when she got into an accident with another vehicle which resulted in damage to the passenger door of her car. She was driving, not her daughter. She then proceeded to continue to drive home. That is hit and run.

When she got home, she had her daughter go into the house and got her son to come out with a gun. There was a gun battle and she ended up getting shot in the head.

OK I admit I don't really know what happened, but there is obviously so much more to this story then is being reported. If you drive responsibly and politely and don't cause problems for other drivers, they probably won't follow you home and try to kill you. At least that is my experience.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
The result of taking ten miles to pass a semi.
Yeah, because someone passing a truck too slowly is such a good reason to kill another person. Also, the article didn't mention anything about that.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This story has so much miss-information that it's ridicules. First she was not teaching her daughter to drive. She was driving her daughter home when she got into an accident with another vehicle which resulted in damage to the passenger door of her car. She was driving, not her daughter. She then proceeded to continue to drive home. That is hit and run.

When she got home, she had her daughter go into the house and got her son to come out with a gun. There was a gun battle and she ended up getting shot in the head.

OK I admit I don't really know what happened, but there is obviously so much more to this story then is being reported. If you drive responsibly and politely and don't cause problems for other drivers, they probably won't follow you home and try to kill you. At least that is my experience.
I didn't see any of that info, but it certainly sheds more light if true. Can you post the link to the source? I would like to read the whole article.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:

When she got home, she had her daughter go into the house and got her son to come out with a gun. There was a gun battle and she ended up getting shot in the head

I didn't see any of that info, but it certainly sheds more light if true. Can you post the link to the source? I would like to read the whole article, and none of the stories I can find have your information.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:03 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Quote:
This story has so much miss-information that it's ridicules.
Exactly. I'm surprised they aren't calling this a "school shooting" since the story begins in a school parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events