U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:08 AM

10 posts, read 6,118 times

Advertisements

The Islamic State and its extremist allies currently boast an army estimated by Egypt to consist of about 180,000 Islamist fighters.
An Egyptian intelligence document, the contents of which were obtained by WND, warns that while the U.S. has been attempting to maintain a coalition to fight ISIS, the Islamic terrorist organization has itself been hard at work building a sustainable coalition of jihadist gunmen.

Link to source: ISIS:]ISIS: We’re so much bigger than CIA thinks We’re so much bigger than CIA thinks

I think CIA has all the relevant information about own protege.
I am not surprised that top favorite Muslim Brotherhood operatives have already been placed into positions of enormous power in the U.S. government. Here is the short list:

Arif Alikhan – Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Mohammed Elibiary – Homeland Security advisor.

Rashad Hussain – Special Envoy to the (OIC) Organization of the Islamic Conference.

Salam al-Marayati – Obama advisor, founder of Muslim Public Affairs Council and its current executive director. Also the Representative of the U.S. government at the
annual Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe conference.

Imam Mohamed Magid – Obama’s Sharia Czar, Islamic Society of North America, and the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Countering Violent Extremism Working Group. (Talk about the Fox guarding the Henhouse!!)!

Eboo Patel – Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 08:08 AM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 10 days ago)

13,365 posts, read 11,871,000 times
^ You forgot Obama.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:15 AM

610 posts, read 556,418 times
lol... nuance is not important to you, or really any Americans, is it?

Hezbollah, the MB, ISIS, Hamas, etc., are literally all completely different. You can't conflate ISIS growth with anything to do with Muslim Brotherhood members.

Not to mention... Abdul Fatah al-Sisi is an enormous liar and journalist torturer and murderer, so to claim that his "intelligence" reports are accurate on their face is a bit of a stretch.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:02 PM

7,293 posts, read 3,972,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
lol... nuance is not important to you, or really any Americans, is it?

Hezbollah, the MB, ISIS, Hamas, etc., are literally all completely different. You can't conflate ISIS growth with anything to do with Muslim Brotherhood members.

Compleeeeeeetely different.
What do they have in common?

Old 02-15-2015, 12:53 PM

Hezbollah, until the Syrian civil war, was primarily a reactionary militia designed to coordinate retaliatory attacks against the Israeli regime. That's not to say they're good guys, or that they don't kill civilians, but I challenge you to find an attack of theirs that wasn't retaliatory.

The Muslim Brotherhood is pretty much like the Focus on the Family folks here in the U.S., only politically active. They'd like to impose Sharia law (which has many forms and does NOT mean Salafist ISIS-style laws), but have openly stated in Egypt and elsewhere that they are not inclined towards violence, and prefer using the democratic process to meet their ends.

ISIS are a bunch of black-Salafist-flag waving suicide bombers that broke off from Zarkawi's group and became al-Nusra in 2010. Then, in 2013, they broke off from Nusra and formed their own bin-Ladenite group that basically wants to kill everyone who isn't a Salafist Sunni like themselves.

Hamas' only goal is the recognition of a Palestinian state. Sure, they use terror tactics against innocent Israelis to achieve their ends, but if your narrative isn't COMPLETELY corrupted by the bull**** factory that is the American mainstream media, then you likewise acknowledge that the Israeli government uses state terror against the Palestinians to achieve their ends as well, and neither of the two groups operates with clean hands. They, despite what their charter says, are not opposed to the existence of a Jewish state, as their spokesman stated openly on the Charlie Rose show back in 2009.

These are just the basic breakdowns for easy two-sentence reading. The reality is way more complicated and you can't just conflate all of the groups as the same sort of threat, or they'll never be dealt with properly (assuming they're even a threat, which the MB is not and never has been). But as long as Americans stay duped by Benjamin Netanyahu's deliberate conflation of all Islamist groups into one monolithic "enemy," the narrative will stay confused, nobody will have the right information and anti-Muslim sentiment among Westerners will grow, while anti-Western sentiment among Muslims will do the same.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 PM

9,781 posts, read 7,102,126 times
There are many angry people in this world who would take up arms against who they see as enemies to their way of life. We have them here in America in the form of militias but it hasn't gotten so bad that they have stood up yet.

America is not very popular on the world stage and that extends to our so called allies in the Middle East. We are seen as bullies by many.
Terrorists have won their battles by waging a guerilla warfare and using tactics that the civilised West would never consider.
We have teams of lawyers that are literally calling the shots and define the rules of engagement. The terrorists fly airplanes into towers.
We have known terrorists in our prisons that are awaiting trial. ISIS would have beheaded them years ago.
They hate us for many reasons so I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers of ISIS fighters are much larger than anyone knows. War is a hobby for those people and has been for hundreds if not thousands of years.
America will never understand.
What I fear is how many are already in America waiting for the call to arms.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:51 PM

2,266 posts, read 1,372,150 times
No mere pedantry I think - I urge forumers not to use the term 'ISIS' - it implies some sort of credibility, I myself opt for 'so-called ISIS' (yeah, I know, cumbersome) - or maybe better still Daesh (apparently, the throwbacks hate the term).

Old 02-15-2015, 01:55 PM

28 posts, read 26,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We have teams of lawyers that are literally calling the shots and define the rules of engagement. The terrorists fly airplanes into towers.

We have known terrorists in our prisons that are awaiting trial. ISIS would have beheaded them years ago.
Those two simple statements clearly explain why the terrorists are winning and will be for many years.

The American public has been sold a bill of goods when it comes to fighting this type of scum.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RektorFry985 View Post
Those two simple statements clearly explain why the terrorists are winning and will be for many years.

The American public has been sold a bill of goods when it comes to fighting this type of scum.
False. The American military killing Arabs in the first place is what caused this.

People pretend like history started the day before ISIS declared themselves a "caliphate..."

As if the support for the House of Saud and the Mubarak regime and the U.S. sanction of Sabra and Shatila and the Iraqi blockade that killed a million and the occupation of southern Lebanon and the construction of U.S. bases on the Arabian peninsula and the war in Afghanistan and the lies that led up to Iraq and fighting the war there just to turn the South East of the country over to the Iranians just never happened...

Interesting that the more we've made war on these people, the more of them there are. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result?

Old 02-15-2015, 05:28 PM

20,344 posts, read 20,415,914 times
ISIS can be so much bigger than CIA think...

don't anyone pretend for a moment that you know what the CIA thinks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or