Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 09:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,291,518 times

Advertisements

Well, now we have Jordan AND Egypt after ISIS!
That's gotta be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 09:51 AM

13,384 posts, read 28,660,475 times
In looking at photos online, and I could be entirely wrong, the murderous swine dressed in black are considerably taller then the poor victims, westerners???

Old 02-16-2015, 10:00 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,305,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, now we have Jordan AND Egypt after ISIS!
That's gotta be good.
Problem is, airstrikes alone aren't going to get the job done. It's going to take ground warfare to eliminate them as a threat, and I'm skeptical that any of the countries in that region are going to do that. But I hope I'm wrong.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Problem is, airstrikes alone aren't going to get the job done. It's going to take ground warfare to eliminate them as a threat, and I'm skeptical that any of the countries in that region are going to do that. But I hope I'm wrong.
Agree!! We need to keep the current boots on the ground, the Kurds, well armed

Old 02-16-2015, 10:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,291,518 times
Are Jordan and Egypt friendly?
Could they work together with their intelligence?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:29 AM

240 posts, read 251,358 times
The planet needs to unite and destroy this ISIS beast in its cave where it lives, breaths and reproduces its demonic evil. No one nation can or should do it alone.

My only question is...what is the world waiting for? Will people care when we stop referring to the victims are "Christians"? If so, do it. People prefer to argue that the Christians deserve it because (fill-in-the-blank)? Or that the Jews deserve this and that because (fill-in-the-blank). What the hell is wrong with people who blame the victims while this beast hunts for more?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:39 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,409,543 times
I wonder what would be happening in that part of the world had the US not setup Saddam Hussein by giving him the go-ahead to invade Kuwait and then propping him up as the big bad wolf that had to be knocked down. And ignoring the fact that the terrorists associated with 911 were Saudi Arabian. But Saddam Hussein gets blamed again and then we make sure he's executed. But the good thing is some huge American corporation made billions of dollars through the whole mess. What's a few heads compared to billions of dollars? Makes me angry every time I think of it. But someone is fat, happy and secure while the rest of us just sit here and watch this mess continue to unfold and worry about when it will impact our country again.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
The planet needs to unite and destroy this ISIS beast in its cave where it lives, breaths and reproduces its demonic evil. No one nation can or should do it alone.

My only question is...what is the world waiting for? Will people care when we stop referring to the victims are "Christians"? If so, do it. People prefer to argue that the Christians deserve it because (fill-in-the-blank)? Or that the Jews deserve this and that because (fill-in-the-blank). What the hell is wrong with people who blame the victims while this beast hunts for more?
Exactly

Old 02-16-2015, 11:40 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,134,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Lol! I just, you know, read stuff. Sometimes you gather facts from doing that, other times, you learn what Dennis Praeger wants you to think.
lol ...... I have no idea why you pulled that name out of the hat, but I looked him up and found
Quote:
Dennis Prager is an American nationally syndicated, politically conservative radio talk show host, columnist, author, and public speaker. He is known for his political and social views, and his views on the origins of moral values. Wikipedia
I'm usually about as liberal as they get, but in this case I'm dumbfounded by the hatred against the Israelis (who are only slightly evil as nations go), and the excuse-making by liberals for a religion that goads many of its followers into doing great harm worldwide by beheadings, stonings, burning people alive, abducting and raping teenage girls en masse, and attacking Jews worldwide since before they got their own state.

If you don't believe that most of them hate Jews, that it's not just Muhammed et al. who used to behead them in the earliest days, simply go down to your local convenience store, pick up a newspaper, and say to the Muslim clerk: "Jeeez, those Jews. Can you believe what they've done now?" and point to some atrocity that definitely wasn't done by Jews. You'll get an earful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm getting that flavor.

He apparently was able to obtain the deletion of a thread I wrote outlining the history of religion in that part of the world and it ineluctable tie to violence. I'll PM you the thread, including his responses, if you wish.
Oh, I already know enough about it, more than I want to, but thanks.

There have always been a lot of stealth nukings of threads and posts on a variety of topics, there are a lot of mods and they all have "da power". They have as many different opinions as the regular members do, they're not always sober, or else they think they are doing God or humanity a favor by deleting a strong argument by their opponents.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:53 AM

28 posts, read 60,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I wonder what would be happening in that part of the world had the US not setup Saddam Hussein by giving him the go-ahead to invade Kuwait and then propping him up as the big bad wolf that had to be knocked down. And ignoring the fact that the terrorists associated with 911 were Saudi Arabian. But Saddam Hussein gets blamed again and then we make sure he's executed. But the good thing is some huge American corporation made billions of dollars through the whole mess. What's a few heads compared to billions of dollars? Makes me angry every time I think of it. But someone is fat, happy and secure while the rest of us just sit here and watch this mess continue to unfold and worry about when it will impact our country again.
Your post eloquently sums up why American justice will NEVER be satisfied until Dubya and Chenya are chained to a wood pole and executed by firing squad for war atrocities and crimes against the U.S. Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events