Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
The ocean ice and water can withstand the tides. A layer in geosynchronous orbit would by nature withstand the shocks of gravity tidal forces.

Why haven't Saturn's rings disappeared by now. The rings have to be relatively new in geologic time to be still orbiting.
I was thinking the same thing.

The two views that I can think of that seem to toss reality out the window the least are the idea that the water that came down into this flood was originally held in the form of icy rings like around Saturn. That would quite stable. The other possibility is that the water around Earth was held strictly in clouds, and most of the floodwaters came from underground. There couldn't have been too much water held in clouds or that would mess up the global temperature.

It having been some kind of completely encircling shell breaks more rules that govern reality than the other two possibilities. The moon's gravity would destroy it, even if it didn't disperse into space on its own or fall to Earth (which it presumably would).

I don't know what force would cause any orbital rings to fall to Earth's atmosphere all at once though...so icy orbital rings seems the second least likely possibility of the three.

The most sane possibility I can therefore think of was that the water was held in clouds and that most of the floodwaters came from beneath the earth. I have no idea where all the water went, however. We're running out of groundwater in many places now...so if a huge amount of it is still down there (enough to flood Earth's surface), it's quite deep or in places we haven't checked yet.

You know that without assuming a worldwide flood happened in the last 10,000 years first and then trying to explain how it could have happened, you have no reason to believe a worldwide flood happened, right? If you realize that, at least you understand something about how your thought process works, and that will make me happier because it will motivate me to rip less of my hair out after reading your posts.

Last edited by Clintone; 02-18-2015 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 07:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
That brings up a small, but interesting question: the laws regarding clean and unclean animals were handed down in Moses' time, which was a good 1500 or so years after Noah's time; how would Noah know which were clean or unclean? And did people continue to consume unclean animals for the next 1500 or so years until they were told not to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And how was it decided which two of any type of animal was allowed onto the ark? Did all the animals of Earth race to the ark and whoever got their first was saved? Or did the animals have meetings and decide which males and which females best represented their species? Did they know before hand if they were a clean or unclean animal? Or did they just hope for the best and send 7 pairs of their species?

Did the dinosaurs just not not get the memo or were they actually denied access to the ark?

Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,454 times
I can't believe we're even entertaining these ridiculous stories with hypotheses about how these non-existent events 'happened'.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:18 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Have you seen it? I'm just not sure how an ark built in seven days by a 600 year old man would be able to last for that long on the top of a mountain. It would have already taken a beating with all the rain that was able to flood the entire Earth in 40 days... then to land on top of a mountain and stay there undisturbed for... 4,000 years?

Yeah, seven pairs of all clean animals and one pair of all unclean animals. So the penguins in the southern hemisphere, the polar bears in the northern hemisphere, the Galapagos turtles... They all traveled to where Noah was. And then after the flood, they all traveled back to their respective habitats?

And how was it decided which two of any type of animal was allowed onto the ark? Did all the animals of Earth race to the ark and whoever got their first was saved? Or did the animals have meetings and decide which males and which females best represented their species? Did they know before hand if they were a clean or unclean animal? Or did they just hope for the best and send 7 pairs of their species?

Did the dinosaurs just not not get the memo or were they actually denied access to the ark?
The continents existed as Panagea then, so it was one entire landmass. Panagea had to be separated so that most of it on the new earth wouldn't be desert. Rain had never appeared before and the earth would no longer by watered be springs.

Animals respond to the Lord's promptings. Prior to the Tsunami that swept through parts of SE Asia, the animals near the shorelines disappeared. People stayed because they d idn't obey His inner voice. Certain people have known that if they get on an airplane, their life would end. The crash happened but they chose not to be on the plane. But mostly it happens by divine happenstance, which is pnly divine upon reflection (i.e. flat tire on the way to the airport).

Birds and animals attempt to stay out of the path of a hurricane, they know to leave even before the winds pick up.

Certain animals were prompted to go to the ark be the Lord. Its that simple, and you make it out as being hard because you are a person who hasn't developed spiritually to follow the Lord's promptings. Very few are as advanced spiritually to the promptings of the Lord as Noah.

Last edited by fourwinds; 02-18-2015 at 09:47 PM..

Old 02-18-2015, 09:20 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
That brings up a small, but interesting question: the laws regarding clean and unclean animals were handed down in Moses' time, which was a good 1500 or so years after Noah's time; how would Noah know which were clean or unclean? And did people continue to consume unclean animals for the next 1500 or so years until they were told not to?
I wonder how the anteaters made it with Noah and crew. Two ants and two anteaters on board. Hmmm.

Of course, the two termites made out ok.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

The two views that I can think of that seem to toss reality out the window the least are the idea that the water that came down into this flood was originally held in the form of icy rings like around Saturn. That would quite stable. The other possibility is that the water around Earth was held strictly in clouds, and most of the floodwaters came from underground. There couldn't have been too much water held in clouds or that would mess up the global temperature.

It having been some kind of completely encircling shell breaks more rules that govern reality than the other two possibilities. The moon's gravity would destroy it, even if it didn't disperse into space on its own or fall to Earth (which it presumably would).

I don't know what force would cause any orbital rings to fall to Earth's atmosphere all at once though...so icy orbital rings seems the second least likely possibility of the three.

The most sane possibility I can therefore think of was that the water was held in clouds and that most of the floodwaters came from beneath the earth. I have no idea where all the water went, however. We're running out of groundwater in many places now...so if a huge amount of it is still down there (enough to flood Earth's surface), it's quite deep or in places we haven't checked yet.

You know that without assuming a worldwide flood happened in the last 10,000 years first and then trying to explain how it could have happened, you have no reason to believe a worldwide flood happened, right? If you realize that, at least you understand something about how your thought process works, and that will make me happier because it will motivate me to rip less of my hair out after reading your posts.
In the time before the original fall, the laws of nature did not exist as they did now. We always presuppose what is now in physical laws into the past. Death was not meant to ever exist on this planet. Every organism was meant for good and immortality. The diseases we face now were good bacteria and viruses then that helped the earth. Snakes were lizards. Carnivores were herbivores, etc. "Nature" became dramatically more fierce and much less friendly after the two falls.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I wonder how the anteaters made it with Noah and crew. Two ants and two anteaters on board. Hmmm.

Of course, the two termites made out ok.
Anteaters ate roots then, or something vegetable. They devolved.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:32 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
In the time before the original fall, the laws of nature did not exist as they did now.
AHA! So thats how the sun rotated around the earth.

You know fourwinds, you are as full of excrement as a Thanksgiving turkey.

Or else, you're having a lot of fun posting nonsense.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Moses wrote the book of Genesis. He would have put animals into categories the Hebrews would have understood. Noah didn't look at animals as to be eaten, until after the flood. Nor did Noah have to chase animals around to catch them for the ark. The animals came to him and he led them in their pens, as he followed the Lord's will for his life almost completely.

Enoch's line learned how to follow the Lord. Noah's grandfather Methusaleh lived until seven days before the flood. Enoch was raptured, one of only two people on this earth that never had to die (Elijah was the other).

Old 02-18-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
AHA! So thats how the sun rotated around the earth.

You know fourwinds, you are as full of excrement as a Thanksgiving turkey.

Or else, you're having a lot of fun posting nonsense.
Practically every culture has a flood story as part of their creation history. Tribal people have remarkably intact oral histories, unlike modern people of this day who barely know their grandparents. The Chinese alphabet characters basically show the Christian creation story.

People have de-evolved from creation. A very few people today have this incredible memory that can recite everything that happened every day of their life. Originally, every human had that ability. Humans were meant to have a spiritual covering made of the Lord's glory. You don't see that today, but you did when Jesus was on the earth. Someday, some Christians will have glory covering their bodies again. Maybe it will be you with Shekinah glory.

Have a blessed evening!

Last edited by fourwinds; 02-18-2015 at 10:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events