U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 03:37 PM

5,602 posts, read 3,469,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Molecules don't evolve. Nothing in evolutionary biology claims they do. That you mistakenly think this is a tenet of evolutionary biology only speaks to your ignorance of that field.

Again, you are doing nothing but broadcasting that you haven't the foggiest notion of what constitutes evolutionary theory.

1) You don't understand that the origin of life is not part of evolutionary theory.
Abiogenesis FAQs: The Origins of Life
2) You're peddling the 2nd Law Of Thermodynamics nonsense, which is so laughably wrong that even the clowns at creation.com all but beg creationists not to embarrass themselves by using it (I guess you missed the memo).
Arguments we think creationists should NOT use - creation.com
3) The only one invoking magic is you, so you have a strawman at which to flail away.
4) Yes, evolution has been observed, both in the lab and in the field.
Observed Instances of Speciation

Finally, here's a summary of the testing of evolution - the predictions evolutionary theory makes and testing those predictions - in response to your vacuous claim that evolution is not testable. You could use it, considering the abundant ignorance about it that you've manifested here. Now, rest assured - I have no doubt that you're utterly uninterested in disabusing yourself of your treasured ignorance. But not all other readers will share your affinity for rejecting everything that threatens what you desperately want to be true. It is for them that I post this link.
Disproving evolution - RationalWiki
Oh, your answers are so predictable these days, you Darwin lovers, you.

The abiogenesis link is a cute one. Ive actually read through it before in the past. The Miller-Urey experiments are what every atheist clings to (your Genesis so-to-speak). I love how you laugh at the numbers game that creationists use to disprove the possibility of life spontaneously arising, but then you'll turn around and throw numbers our way. Yes, I believe the numbers are extremely important. Laugh all you want, but I dont think you want to admit the sheer obstacles that experiment was up against. A controlled-environment experiment trying to replicate life is all it was.

I know you scoffers will scoff til youre blue in the face, but I highly suggest you read the following article and draw your own conclusions about the experiment. Youll see the flaws presented, and how the experiment actually flies right in the face of Miller's intentions/beliefs:
https://answersingenesis.org/origin-...t-abiogenesis/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 05:10 PM

920 posts, read 476,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longslim View Post
I really hope this was a joke. but it does not seem so.

Christian group to schools: Stop filling kids' heads with dinosaurs - CNET
https://uncertaintist.wordpress.com/...urs-is-a-hoax/

Old 04-23-2015, 08:49 AM

40 posts, read 24,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
But you believe in untestable theories (such as molecules-to-man evolution), and how EVERYTHING we know came to be from some random explosion in space, purportedly "billions" of years ago. hahahahaha
Nobody can go back in time and witness the evolution of life forms such as trilobites and ammonites. "Time machines" do not exist except as fantasy devices in science-fiction tales. The best that science can do is to reconstruct apparent reality based upon evidence, as is done in mainstream linguistics. Thus we have compelling evidence that a language long extinct is the source of such widely-scattered languages as Portuguese and Bengali, themselves obvious descendants of Latin and Sanskrit. A different basis connects Malagasy and Hawaiian. Attempts to connect such languages as Quechua, Hebrew, Japanese, or Etruscan are practically fantastical.

Quote:
The very basis for ... belief (in evolution) cannot be tested, with that? Please, by all means, tell me how life can form from an explosion?
An explosion is infinitely more likely to end life near it than create it. But an explosion is violent change. But even the most violent explosion involving conventional explosives has a distinct end, and that end is a new ordering of what may have been a distinctive structure. Evolution requires much-slower processes. Living things come into existence based upon directions encased in the language of genetic codes that allow growth, metabolism, competition with other life forms, and reproduction.

Rapid evolution within a living creature? Such is typically CANCER.

Quote:
Isn't disorder (not order) created from that? How can life in all its incredibly complexity come from that?
Order implies some stasis. Maybe you associate evolution with change, but evolution also allows successful creatures to thrive to the detriment of other creatures.

Quote:
How can a single-celled life form seemingly evolve magically? hahaha
Evolution is definitely not magic. Time allows strange things to happen. Successes thrive, and failures become raw material for the successes. The mouse that cannot detect a nearby, hungry cat becomes cat food and its body is in part transformed into 'cat' with the destruction of the genetic material of the mouse within the cat's digestive tract. But predation is itself a violent act with abrupt change in the object of predation.

Paradoxically, both mice and cats are successful. Cats are so successful as killers that there is but one obvious difference between a house-cat and a leopard -- SIZE. Mice breed in such huge numbers that they can have enough to offset the great toll of death by cats, snakes, dogs, weasels, and birds of prey; they are swift enough that they usually get away from the second-nastiest predator since T. Rex.

Quote:
Show me how a dog creates a non-dog, or a horse creates a non-horse. You teach such fairy tales in all the school books, why is it strange that they have their beliefs? Evolution on the basis you teach is not testable, has not been observed, and therefore is not SCIENCE. Its not hard to comprehend.
Technically, dogs are still wolves. But by selective breeding Man has gotten dogs as small as kittens and as large as lionesses. We have dogs with wolf-like appearance, an alligator-like shape (dachshunds), and even sheep-like appearance. But they are all dogs. If Man can do so much with wolves, just think of what God can do with millions of years at His disposal -- and DNA.

If you think evolution is godless, then ask yourself whether you want to give God credit for the existence of the Universe, the laws of physics and mathematics, and (these have physical cause) the periodic law of chemical elements and the law of binding energy.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 AM

183 posts, read 91,231 times
Don't be baited by the ignorant who don't even understand there is more than one creation story in genesis attributed to different gods (please study the Elohim, El, and Yahweh). They don't like to deal in facts, just myths. And they have that right to live in ignorance. They are fully aware that if they were in a public debate, they would be laughed off the stage. They have no power other than wasting other people's time.

Fundamentalist Christianity: Starts with the conclusion; evidence be damned. I like being told what to think.

Logical People and science: Let's look at the evidence; what conclusions can be drawn? I like critical thinking.

To the normal person, it's obvious which method is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or