U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 PM

5,199 posts, read 5,056,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
...yet don't we all believe,,,,haven't we all been taught, however subliminally, that God is a muscular, human-looking white guy with a long white beard.

Maybe God doesn't look human at all...and God knew we couldn't handle that...so He commanded that we not speculate in that area at all.

But aren't humans supposed to have been created in His image?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 2 days ago)

9,771 posts, read 21,082,654 times
Why are fundies so obsessed with Bible passages that have no bearing on your actions or relationship with God but then ignore (cough cough, not take literally) passages about helping the poor, shunning wealth, not eating to excess, etc?? If you believe in a literal Genesis but are very obese due to lack of self control aren't you still living in sin?

Old 02-16-2015, 03:03 PM

1,372 posts, read 803,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlasphemer View Post
Hmm.... Christian fundamentalists, arguing over dinosaurs, Muslim fundamentalists, cutting people's heads off. Which to pay attention to... Hmm... I can't decide...
priorities, people!! otherwise your dinosaur filled heads might be chopped off!

Old 02-16-2015, 03:47 PM

12,402 posts, read 7,454,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
They went extinct during the flood, however. Too big to fit into the ark. Who says the fundies aren't scientific?
Seems like they avoided a huge catastrophe by not letting those dinosaurs on the ark.

Dinosaurs and unicorns... forever lost to the great floods.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:54 PM

4,931 posts, read 7,554,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
A joke? How could you tell?

Such is the problem with fundamentalists. Satirical humor rests on portraying absurdities, but with fundamentalists there are no beliefs too absurd that you will not find them.

From the Creation Museum itself in Kentucky:

Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview | Creation Museum

Yes, this is a photo of one of their exhibits (they claim all dinosaurs were herbivorous, and so never molested humans):

And people who believe this insanity VOTE.
I really miss the Creation Museum- we used to have it out here before it moved away (didn't it move to Tennesee?) and it was always funny as hell to go in there and see the exhibits and listen to the trained "docents" spout this crap.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:52 PM

240 posts, read 205,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
But aren't humans supposed to have been created in His image?

Did He mean physical image...or could He have meant in the image of love...or in the essence of who God is?

I don't know. Just asking.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:55 PM

5,517 posts, read 5,106,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Seems like they avoided a huge catastrophe by not letting those dinosaurs on the ark.

Dinosaurs and unicorns... forever lost to the great floods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7CSEEtzGiY

Old 02-16-2015, 05:28 PM

84 posts, read 86,033 times
I am a conservative Christian, very pro child for birth, and very glad I am saved. That being said, I do have to speak up about this article: 1. The group which might very well be run by one woman and maybe a few bored stay at home mommies, rallying behind a group name as Christians Against Dinosaurs is going against the norm of known theology. The bible has reference to dinosaurs. It's true though that the name Dinosaur was not used till the 1800's, but that doesn't mean dinosaurs never existed, in fact in the book Bel and the Dragon there is refernce to smaller dinosaur like creatures that were captive during the time of Daniel. If dinosuars didn't exist at all then Christians such as these found in this link: A Brief History of the Modern American Creation Movement would be daft to be sure. I think as a creationist myself and full belief that dinosaurs did exist and perhaps could still be found maybe in some remote parts of the world not yet found discovered I'll stand behind many of the creation scientist than this lone group.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:36 PM

28 posts, read 35,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Blue whales ABOARD the Ark?
Yeah that part seemed logistically hard to swallow. Even the largest super-tankers of today cant support a blue whale for 40 nights.

Somewhere between trying to reconcile the physics of keeping a mating pair of blue whales on an old boat and seeing Jimmy Swaggart crying about his prostitute addiction --- is when I finally told my Mommy I had enough of church and would only believe in heavy metal from that point forward.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:52 PM

1,372 posts, read 803,348 times
Can someone kindly direct me to where I can have my head filled with dinosuars? I think it sounds like a good investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or