U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-16-2015, 06:29 PM
 
741 posts, read 1,521,460 times
Reputation: 496

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
What's really odd is how we all violate the very first Commandment...and we don't even realize it. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above...(which would include God)"

...yet don't we all believe,,,,haven't we all been taught, however subliminally, that God is a muscular, human-looking white guy with a long white beard.

Maybe God doesn't look human at all...and God knew we couldn't handle that...so He commanded that we not speculate in that area at all.

Interesting stuff to discuss once you take religion and blind obedience out of the way.
Jesus is the exact representation of our Heavenly Father, who is spirit.

Jesus is now forever 32, is male, and was born of human flesh.

You and every human you meet, look remarkably like Jesus.

Last edited by fourwinds; 02-16-2015 at 07:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2015, 06:29 PM
 
84 posts, read 86,070 times
Reputation: 123
you all know that bashing Christians is all your doing here. I've not read one thread that really disputes the article in question. Just more drivel on how stupid you think Christians are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 06:48 PM
 
8,700 posts, read 5,065,034 times
Reputation: 9833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybaloneytoys View Post
you all know that bashing Christians is all your doing here. I've not read one thread that really disputes the article in question. Just more drivel on how stupid you think Christians are.

Did you have a point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 PM
 
741 posts, read 1,521,460 times
Reputation: 496
The Bible illiteracy here is amazing . Read Genesis with open eyes for the first time.

Before the flood, animals didn't eat meat, neither did humans. A lion or dinosaur could lie down with a lamb, and the lamb wouldn't have any fear. Today's vegetarians have a spiritual yearning for Eden, but they don't know what it is. When God presented animal skins to the naked Adam and Eve to cover themselves, death of animals had never occurred before. They too were formerly immortal.

The flood was an incredible catastrophy: the earth formerly had been like a terrarium, with water suspended in the sky like a crystal layer. The ice protected the earth from damaging radiation. Formerly, radiation of any kind was rare; now it is commonplace because we have no protective shield. Any time dating assumes the earth is as is as now: which is a monumental assumption and blunder. You could see the stars and the moon, but the stars didn't twinkle like today.

The earth's continents were not separate then: they formed panagea. A tremendous amount of movement occurred of the continental plates. Sedimentary rocks were formed and oil and coal from the tremendous deposits of trees and vegetation. The polar regions had tropical plants before the flood, as the earth was warm everywhere, even where the sun didn't shine for three months.

It did not rain before the flood. Water came up from the deep. Fish were not brought onto the ark. The Rainbow was an incredible sign, as a rainbow had never been seen on earth before.

Apparently, the Lord did not want dinosaurs, sabertooth cats, wooly mammoths etc onboard the ark because of the decimation they would bring to people and plants and other animals, when carnivores were later released on earth from their herbovaric forbears.

Genesis describes two falls from eden. Most don't even know that.

Jesus will redeem the earth, its people, and the animals with a new Eden. It will be even more spectacular that the Eden we lost.

Those with an ear to hear, they will hear.

Last edited by fourwinds; 02-16-2015 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 07:16 PM
 
Location: South Park, San Diego
4,931 posts, read 7,555,914 times
Reputation: 9250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybaloneytoys View Post
you all know that bashing Christians is all your doing here. I've not read one thread that really disputes the article in question. Just more drivel on how stupid you think Christians are.
There is a whole body of scientific research, theory and knowledge going back 100s of years and filling reams upon reams of testable data that posits quite clearly the study of fossils, dinosaurs, carbon dating and related fields. That many fundamentalist Christians still to this day conveniently dismiss all of that with a wave of a hand, a giggle and an idiotic response of their own as the woman in the video did is not bashing, it is just pointing out the ridiculousness from which the rest of the thinking world has to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Sunrise
10,869 posts, read 14,202,961 times
Reputation: 9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
That many fundamentalist Christians still to this day conveniently dismiss all of that with a wave of a hand, a giggle and an idiotic response of their own as the woman in the video did is not bashing, it is just pointing out the ridiculousness from which the rest of the thinking world has to deal with.
Post #54 illustrates this perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 07:23 PM
 
84 posts, read 86,070 times
Reputation: 123
Petunia, I'd ask you the same whats your point? You made a comment that everything you learned about creation said dinosaurs didn't exist, yet from your comment I don't see anything in reference to the article listed.

My point is this. Just because a group of people have picked a topic they have a beef with and then use a title that has the word Christian in it, doesn't represent all of Christianity, in fact I'd say it represents less than more. I don't know this lady who wrote, but whomever she is getting her info from isn't giving her info from a Christian stance. There is proof that the word dinosaur was never used till the 1800's, but don't take my word for it, you can check it out yourself. As far as large animals or reptile like creatures that roamed the world at creation time is true can be found not only in the bible, but in science as well. If the lady who posted the youtube video as a gripe because of the use of the word dinosaur then it's a weak soapbox. Not one to take the Christian community by storm anytime soon.

All the drivel I've read that mock Christians on here is just that; drivel by God haters, and if you hate God you wil hate his people too. All we need to do is look at the seemingly good people of the USA and hear how they go on and on about how we need to embrace islam and muslims and make Israel give back land that isn't for us or anyone else other than the Israeli's to give back and at this point in time they wish not to succumb to palestine or any other country demanding they do so. Further more as an ally of the United States we should support them and not make demands against them.

As far as the original post the Christian lady and her friends have posted about kids being taught about dinosaurs is far fetched in my opinion. I would not support as there are many Christian things I don't support. Yet, if her argument is based on the teaching of Darwinism and Evolution as fact and not taught as a theory, then that I support. I for one have 6 kids and all have been exposed at one point of time or another to evolution as fact and not theory. So early in the life I chose to home school them and all have moved on in life and are successful in their own right and didn't need a belief in evolution to do so.

My summation is this: Dinosaurs existed at one time. Probably most were extinct because of the Great Flood. But other creatures existed too we don't see around. Unicorns for one, and on a people species, Giants. If these types existed at one time and we have not only science to back it up, but scriptures as well, I for one as a Christian will not say that what God did and what he has done and what he is doing now isn't for me to say otherwise. Bashing Christians though shows immaturity at the highest level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Type 0.7 Kardashev
10,577 posts, read 7,242,283 times
Reputation: 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybaloneytoys View Post
you all know that bashing Christians is all your doing here. I've not read one thread that really disputes the article in question. Just more drivel on how stupid you think Christians are.
I don't think it's stupidity - I think it's willful ignorance.

Stupdity is pitiable; it can be solved. Ignorance from an obstinate refusal to accept well-established facts? That warrants nothing but contempt.

Where idiocy exists, the problem is not those who point out the idiocy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Chesapeake Bay
6,048 posts, read 3,856,948 times
Reputation: 3502
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
the bible illiteracy here is amazing . Read genesis with open eyes for the first time.

Before the flood, animals didn't eat meat, neither did humans. A lion or dinosaur could lie down with a lamb, and the lamb wouldn't have any fear. Today's vegetarians have a spiritual yearning for eden, but they don't know what it is. When god presented animal skins to the naked adam and eve to cover themselves, death of animals had never occurred before. They too were formerly immortal.

The flood was an incredible catastrophy: The earth formerly had been like a terrarium, with water suspended in the sky like a crystal layer. The ice protected the earth from damaging radiation. Formerly, radiation of any kind was rare; now it is commonplace because we have no protective shield. Any time dating assumes the earth is as is as now: Which is a monumental assumption and blunder. You could see the stars and the moon, but the stars didn't twinkle like today.

The earth's continents were not separate then: They formed panagea. A tremendous amount of movement occurred of the continental plates. Sedimentary rocks were formed and oil and coal from the tremendous deposits of trees and vegetation. The polar regions had tropical plants before the flood, as the earth was warm everywhere, even where the sun didn't shine for three months.

It did not rain before the flood. Water came up from the deep. Fish were not brought onto the ark. The rainbow was an incredible sign, as a rainbow had never been seen on earth before.

Apparently, the lord did not want dinosaurs, sabertooth cats, wooly mammoths etc onboard the ark because of the decimation they would bring to people and plants and other animals, when carnivores were later released on earth from their herbovaric forbears.

Genesis describes two falls from eden. Most don't even know that.

Jesus will redeem the earth, its people, and the animals with a new eden. It will be even more spectacular that the eden we lost.

Those with an ear to hear, they will hear.
Simply incredible to believe this as truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2015, 09:08 PM
 
8,700 posts, read 5,065,034 times
Reputation: 9833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybaloneytoys View Post
Petunia, I'd ask you the same whats your point? You made a comment that everything you learned about creation said dinosaurs didn't exist, yet from your comment I don't see anything in reference to the article listed.
Oh, I thought my point was rather obvious. I grew up with the same sort of nonsense, so this group's efforts to stamp out dinosaurs from elementary education does not surprise me in the slightest. What sort of reference to the article would you like for me to make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybaloneytoys View Post
My point is this. Just because a group of people have picked a topic they have a beef with and then use a title that has the word Christian in it, doesn't represent all of Christianity, in fact I'd say it represents less than more.
This isn't exactly new information, but thanks for pointing it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top