U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 07:27 PM

519 posts, read 626,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
My experience tells me that it is a rare person at that age who isn't more youth than adult. When I was that age, I was invincible.
True. It's like you don't realize you can die. It doesn't cross your mind that bad things can happen in life to anyone at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 07:40 PM

6,005 posts, read 13,178,004 times
Wow, this guy is never going to live this down. Those pictures are not pretty and they are all over the 'net. Of course, embarrassing pictures may be the least of his worries- an injury that bad sounds like it's going to leave him a bit (if not completely) incontinent for the rest of his life. He'll be trading in those boxer-briefs for diapers soon enough.

BTW, much kudos for the guy in the red track suit. It takes some serious cajones to grab a bull that's currently goring the literal ***** out of a guy by its tail and try to pull it off of him.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:05 PM

106 posts, read 113,345 times
Assumption of risssssssk

Old 02-17-2015, 08:35 PM

1,001 posts, read 818,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Not that this kid was a matador, but I think bullfighting should be outlawed worldwide.

For these unsuspecting bulls to be raised by humans only to be forced to fight until they die in agony should only be stories told from the dark ages. It has no place in modern day. There is no outcome but prolonged suffering and eventual death of the bulls.

How is this a sport? It is in the same category as dog and **** (rooster)-fighting IMO. Just the fact that people get enjoyment out of watching this is beyond me and disgusting. May every matador get gored! Well deserved payback!
are you a vegetarian? if not, you're a hypocrite. We raise animals in terrible conditions just to kill and eat them.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:07 PM

10,869 posts, read 13,638,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
are you a vegetarian? if not, you're a hypocrite. We raise animals in terrible conditions just to kill and eat them.
I know the ranchers who raise my beef, pork and chickens. And I mean I know them personally and can go there and check out their operation any time I like. If I don't like what I see, I can go elsewhere. I met them when I joined my local food co-op. There's the cattle ranchers about 150 miles from my front door, and the pork and chicken rancher about 75 miles from my front door.

The meat tastes better, too. That's because the animals aren't stressed out. They lead basic cow/pig/chicken lives until the very end of their life. Not all that bad, all things considered.

What's your excuse?

Old 02-17-2015, 11:03 PM

758 posts, read 581,996 times
Exclamation Why Mess With Bulls:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Lucky he didn't get killed. By the way, did he shart his pants (series of photos at link)?

American youth seriously gored by bull in Spain
I just remembered one more of many reasons to not like the Spanish. They have that barbaric bull ritual. And Spanish are everywhere. taking over the world and harming Americans. and their bulls are harmful too.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:32 PM

103 posts, read 73,035 times
A crowd of people gather somewhere in some uncivilized spanish hell-hole, looking forward to a celebratory day of watching animals being slaughtered for their entertainment.

2:30 or so. Women, children, shrieking in terror and stepping on each other trying to get away. Beautiful. A lovely, lovely moment. Suddenly they were NOT safe. I just love that whole transition from arrogance to terror. It doesn't happen often enough, and to enough people. The world would be a much better place if the arrogant people were subjected to a few moments of healthy, abject terror on a regular basis, and with the occasional serious bodily injury to keep it on the "realz".

http://youtu.be/6y3cjzuCGZo

Old 02-17-2015, 11:55 PM

2,683 posts, read 3,261,953 times
Bullfights are disgusting. I don't think they are as popular as they used to be, though. It's seen by many as cruel and an anachronism. This article discusses the current status of bullfighting around the world, but especially in Spain:

Bullfighting in Spain - Spain Then and Now

Old 02-18-2015, 09:56 AM

20,865 posts, read 22,440,374 times
The bulls are forced to fight by being poked and prodded and hurt. They are afraid and angry. People watch the gore and think it's entertaining. What these people don't think about is that they too can get hurt by the bull if it gets the chance to take them down. Stupid people get what they deserve when that happens. No sympathy here for any of them.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:57 AM

14,933 posts, read 16,527,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I do realize that as a human being I should feel sorry that this person was so severely injured. But the thing is... I don't. Being against bullfighting aside, I have a bigger problem having any sympathy for anyone who knowingly engages in very risky & dangerous behavior, then is injured or killed because of it. Stupidity and poor judgment are a human trait that we have the ability to avoid as a matter of choice. I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who choses to cause their own demise.
By this logic you smirk cold-heartedly when you pass a military funeral for some poor kid who voluntarily joined the army, flew to Afghanistan and was killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or