U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:00 AM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I am a few years older than Cindy Crawford. If the photo is the real deal and not photo shopped then I think it is refreshing to see....and I will tell you why....

It shows that she is comfortable with herself regardless of the changes on her body which have taken place over the years. I used to sneak my sister's Teen mags (I was not old enough to buy them--my mom's rules and my sister didn't like sharing her stuff with me). From around age 11 I compared myself to all the models in the mags. I would do my makeup (which I would "borrow" from my sister as well) and hair like the pictures of these girls and of course, I was never happy with the results. Then I graduated to Glamour, Cosmo and other mags full of "perfect" girls and women. For years (probably into my 20's...) I compared myself to these people. The t.v. was bombarded and still is with "perfect" women in shows, movies, commercials, beauty pageants, etc. And creams and makeup ads in print and t.v. ads promise wrinkles disappear and flawless skin while the women in these ads are most of the time in their early 20's! So we have had for the longest time media giving women everywhere the notion that unless they were born with great genes and look "just" average, there is something wrong with them. And God forbid if they are struggling with their weight! I cannot tell you how sick to death I am of Marie Osmond and Kirstie Alley commercials...and yes, I do change the channel when they come on.
I think it would be great if we will ever learn how to focus less on looks so that girls and women will stop starving themselves to reach that "ideal" weight and people will not feel that they have to cut into their skin as they get older to have that "perfect" nose, skin, boobs, etc. Even their asses aren't safe and some of them have even died from butt implants! Perhaps more young girls will grow up and have better self esteem and as they get older they will accept the aging process gracefully (as CC did by posing for that pic) and become who they are really meant to be instead of feeling inferior throughout their lives because they don't look "perfect" by other people's standards.
Try teens; if they are perfect and young looking it is because they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 05:52 AM

9,274 posts, read 5,784,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
Okay, I am going to say it...She should have used her "ageless" melon creme on her bod! I am sick and tired of her infomercial trying to convince us she has found the fountain of youth via her "ageless melon"!
If it actually worked...well...
Why do you watch infomercials?

Old 02-19-2015, 05:57 AM

40,885 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Let's put it this way: If my peach bum back in the day resulted in millions of USA dollars in revenue my butt would still look like it did when I was 19. However, that didn't happen.
And my agent wasn't there to remind me about it.
Aging beats the alternative. We all age. I can promise you that no matter how hard you try, when you are 49 you will NOT look like you did when you were 19, I don't care how much money you spend trying to accomplish it.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:48 AM

7,741 posts, read 5,326,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Aging beats the alternative. We all age. I can promise you that no matter how hard you try, when you are 49 you will NOT look like you did when you were 19, I don't care how much money you spend trying to accomplish it.
Chances are, you'll end up looking terrible. Just look at the multitude of "stars" who try to accomplish that, spending millions on cosmetic procedures, only to permanently disfigure themselves.
Age naturally.
A woman in her 40s and 50s can be the most beautiful thing provided she ages healthily and is not AFRAID to age. Confidence is extremely attractive. Cosmetic procedures indicate a lack thereof, and as such, sometimes only looks good on magazine covers -- most often, is not attractive in real life.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:15 AM

13,140 posts, read 7,393,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
If you're going to start a thread with a comment about something, it helps to provide a link referencing what you're talking about.
Yep. I have no clue what OP is talking about.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:33 AM

3,077 posts, read 4,991,043 times
She looked great for a woman in her late forties and who has also gone through at least two pregnancies. Stomachs aren't supposed to remain flat, skin doesn't remain tight and gravity affects us all. What separates attractive from unattractive at this stage of life is really more about being comfortable and confidant in ones own skin versus those who see themselves as unattractive.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:44 AM

12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post

...And furthermore, I think it is hilarious .

What's hilarious is how overly riled up you are over a photo. Odd that a total stranger has such an affect on your mental health.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:17 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,812,336 times
I don't think she shot herself in the foot. She knows how to promote herself and has been doing it all these years. She's a good business woman.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,212,441 times
Cindy looks her every bit her late 40s age in the leaked, untouched, lingerie photograph. Surprised? Not me.

Anyone who buys wrinkle creams/potions/formulas touting anti-aging properties is pretty stupid. There ain't any such thing and spending money on such products is a waste of money.

That being said, Cindy is fit, healthy, beautiful at almost 50!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:42 AM

6,798 posts, read 2,540,085 times
She looks completely appropriate for her age, she has absolutely nothing to be ashamed about and she should probably stop posing in bikinis. A better way to show age with beauty would be to pose in clothing that is designed to flatter her new figure instead of her old one.

Ladies, before instinctively attacking my opinion ask yourselves if you would enjoy seeing a picture of Walter from the purchasing department showing off his perfectly natural and age appropriate body in nothing but a speedo. Remember, he's been sitting behind that desk all day for the past 17 years, and that rash just won't go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or