U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2015, 02:44 PM
 
38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Reputation: 16802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
In other words, you have no examples of your claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Not Americans generally, only white Americans are racists

Proved beyond the shadow of doubt and fallacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2015, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Central Florida
3,048 posts, read 1,568,863 times
Reputation: 10172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Not Americans generally, only white Americans are racists - per the victim classes. I suspect you could further refine that to white conservative males are "the" American racists.

Black studies departments on many college campi are promoting in a big way the theory of white priveledge, and how even if white racism on an individual level is becoming more uncommon, the system is racist by the design of whites in power.

The disconnect is that if the "victim" is the arbiter of what is racist (or the latest iteration of -phobic), then basically, anything or any action is racist (or -phobic) based on the whim or interpretation of the "victim."

In addition, we've defined down racism from the ugly, unethical, and immoral exercise of power it used to be defined as, to basically the right of (any) minorities to not be offended (and they get to define what is offensive, whether intended or not by the "perp" - it's a bit of a moving target, actually), and not be held accountable, or to the same standards of conduct in civil society.
^^^^This^^^^^

Will go flying over some poster's heads. It made me LMAO. Great Post!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Montana
1,718 posts, read 1,526,839 times
Reputation: 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
When talking about americans & incidents that happen in america, wouldn't the people be talking about....americans? And not foreigners?
I was responding to your post, which I quoted in my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,248,717 times
Reputation: 3960
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Thankfully we are not dependent upon your skills of observation.
That's funny. I don't recall anyone ever saying that only Americans can be racist, either. Maybe you can post some actual examples of this claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
 
38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Reputation: 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
That's funny. I don't recall anyone ever saying that only Americans can be racist, either. Maybe you can post some actual examples of this claim.
Read above.

I continued to be proved by my statement on relying on the powers of observations of others. Especially when they wear those "I'm Black" glasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:09 PM
 
12,043 posts, read 5,592,884 times
Reputation: 13571
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
Impossible, only Americans are capable of racism
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So it has been said here many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Read above.

I continued to be proved by my statement on relying on the powers of observations of others. Especially when they wear those "I'm Black" glasses.
Examples that people say only americans are racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:09 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,742 posts, read 3,867,542 times
Reputation: 8522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Not Americans generally, only white Americans are racists - per the victim classes. I suspect you could further refine that to white conservative males are "the" American racists.

Black studies departments on many college campi are promoting in a big way the theory of white priveledge, and how even if white racism on an individual level is becoming more uncommon, the system is racist by the design of whites in power.

The disconnect is that if the "victim" is the arbiter of what is racist (or the latest iteration of -phobic), then basically, anything or any action is racist (or -phobic) based on the whim or interpretation of the "victim."

In addition, we've defined down racism from the ugly, unethical, and immoral exercise of power it used to be defined as, to basically the right of (any) minorities to not be offended (and they get to define what is offensive, whether intended or not by the "perp" - it's a bit of a moving target, actually), and not be held accountable, or to the same standards of conduct in civil society.
And the point of this diatribe and how it relates to the video the OP posted is...?

As cool as it would be to be a pro soccer player in Europe, I can't even imagine the racism the players get, regardless of their race. Super Mario if playing in Italy, Wayne Rooney if playing in Spain, Neymar Jr. if playing in England, etc.

You just have to take it in stride like Dani Alves did: Someone threw a banana at him when he was taking a corner and he ate it. Nothing like a little potassium during a game to keep those cramps away.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,248,717 times
Reputation: 3960
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Read above.
Um, no. Citing someone else who is spouting bull**** doesn't count. Please post a link to someone who actually believes that only Americans can be racist, not someone who is paraphrasing the voices in his head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:34 PM
 
Location: New Market, MD
2,003 posts, read 2,449,358 times
Reputation: 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Read above.

Especially when they wear those "I'm Black" glasses.

This (I'm black glasses thing) was cool at the beginning but now it is getting so boring that it is actually a bit annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2015, 03:40 PM
 
38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Reputation: 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
This (I'm black glasses thing) was cool at the beginning but now it is getting so boring that it is actually a bit annoying.
The truth often hurts. That doesn't make it any less relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top