Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 02:55 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,988,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And that is where you would be wrong, typical of the anti gun crowd.
Way to ASSume. You come up with a moronic statement like that instead of a valid argument. I stand by what I said. People who buy this shirt are supporters of the second amendment as well as open carry which is you watched the video or read the article, you would have seen/heard that this is what this guy said. Your 'anti-gun crowd', will not be buying this shirt. Your pro-gun crowd WILL buy this shirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 03:03 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
It's all hyperbole to get sales.

As they say no such thing as bad publicity.

No one before would have given a thought to this shirt. Now with the sensationalistic warning, people's interest will be piqued.

Basic marketing 101.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I actually think the market is high school/college kids looking to tweak the establishment/school administrators.
Oh, that's a brilliant idea. Not like this country has any mass school shootings or anything, so let's just 'tweak' the establishment.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:45 PM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
While I think the shirt is very stupid, why would it get you killed ? Open carry is legal in many states....and a holstered firearm poses no threat.

I see someone wearing this shirt and someone who has no idea about guns sees it, gets scared and calls the cops. The Police come to investigate and if the person is any bit suspicious and the cop has a nervous trigger finger it could end badly.
Kids get shot holding or reaching for fake guns. A guy got shot in a Walmart holding a BB gun he planned on buying....
It just takes a jittery cop and someone to make a quick movement and it is all over for that dummy and all over the news that night.

I see a kid wearing this to act cool and getting in trouble quick.

I still think the Tee is trouble waiting to happen.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:20 PM

677 posts, read 672,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just saw this on yahoo news.

For sale: A gun shirt so realistic that it comes with a warning - CBS News

The link is to a cbs news story about a T shirt that has a very realistic picture of a gun in a holster on it. The shirt even comes with a warning that Police may think this is a real gun so if stopped follow their directions, do not reach for the gun. The makers of the shirt are trying to get the word out about concealed carry..... I'm all for it but not like this.

Is this smart? or is this an accident waiting to happen?
I thought you were going to say "a Lynyrd Skynyrd t-shirt with a Confederate flag on it."

Old 02-18-2015, 04:25 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Poor taste, but there is a market for them. Anybody who is hugely pro-gun would probably buy and wear this out as a 'look at me! I support gun rights' shirt.
Sort of like a Che, Tupac or Obama T-shirt.

I do support gun rights...I might get one if I can get one with a Buntline on it.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh, that's a brilliant idea. Not like this country has any mass school shootings or anything, so let's just 'tweak' the establishment.
Actually, it's let's tweak the liberals. They are 'the establishment' at present, correct?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think it is incredibly stupid.

You never disappoint.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:37 PM

240 posts, read 252,105 times
This is the stupidest thing I've seen in months. Somebody, somewhere, someday, is gonna get shot for wearing this shirt.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:15 PM

29,447 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Way to ASSume. You come up with a moronic statement like that instead of a valid argument. I stand by what I said. People who buy this shirt are supporters of the second amendment as well as open carry which is you watched the video or read the article, you would have seen/heard that this is what this guy said. Your 'anti-gun crowd', will not be buying this shirt. Your pro-gun crowd WILL buy this shirt.
LOL !!! Oh the irony...who's being the A_$$?? Any responsible adult pro firearm person would not wear that
shirt. I'm aware common sense is something that has escaped you but really...think about it. Isn't just carrying a real firearm much more logical than wearing a shirt depicting one ? Its okay , I don't expect you to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events