Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 04:44 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
???
Thanks PMF....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think they just played it like she was totally innocent and a crazy person followed her home.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:55 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,961 times
Quote:
I would give your post five stars had it not contained the derogatory remark about blondes (as if being blonde was even relevant.)
Sarcasm perhaps? Can't take it all too seriously.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sounds like you shouldn't own a gun.
As we've learned from this Shakespearean-like tragedy, there are many people who should not own guns.

Unfortunately there is no means testing for anger and aggressiveness when it comes to allowing people to buy guns, so we can probably expect more violence in this vein. In fact, studies have shown that having a gun makes people feel more paranoid and yet more aggressively powerful at the same time.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...weapons-effect

Study: Carrying a gun can make you more paranoid | ZDNet

Old 02-18-2015, 07:11 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
Sounds like nice sweet mom had a very bad anger management issue. To get your son and gun and go after those guys in the car was so stupid and she paid for it with her life. Now her son will have to live with that for the rest of his life by saying what if we had just stayed home? How senseless.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They didn't get the guy's licence number in the initial encounter, and didn't get the guys' license number when they went back, armed, and followed his car? WTF was in their minds when they went back armed to look for him?
I was wondering the same thing. One story stated that the mother felt 'fearful and threatened.' So that would be motivation to take a gun and go look for a car full of angry guys? Then they found them, provoked them and then ran away?

A lot of things just don't make sense here. And how small is a town where you can just go find someone with whom you had an earlier altercation?

I think the kids slanted the story in the beginning, and the truth is being pried out of them. I did feel sympathy for the family in the beginning, but the woman provoked a situation when she could have just let sleeping dogs lie. Also dragging her kid into it just makes it appear that this is one very aggressive family who poked the wrong guys.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:24 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
The family still isn't telling the whole story.
Mom and son went hunting with a gun, found the car, followed the car, big important missing bit here, drove home with the bad guys following them, and then exchanged gunfire on their front lawn.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
The news said the car that followed them home was a silver/grey sedan. That description fits every other car on the road. It is possible, the mother/son confronted a wrong car, waved the gun at whomever, and provoked who knows who.

Otherwise, if the supposed road rage party did not follow them home after the first incident, it is questionable that they would the second time around unless provoked. I am sure there are missing pieces to the son's version of events.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times
Quote:
A mother had an encounter with another driver who had earlier stopped his car in front of hers, got out and approached her with angry words. After this encounter, 44-year-old Tammy Meyers drove home, had her teenage daughter run in the house to fetch her armed son, who then went with her as she drove to find the driver. They apparently found him and the mother was fatally shot.

Stupid things happen to stupid people. How did she think this was going to end?

[rock paper scissors]

Old 02-18-2015, 09:43 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,255 times
it appears so. but you know what ammosexuals say, "an armed society is a polite society."

Old 02-18-2015, 10:45 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
The mother was teaching her 15 year old daughter how to drive in a parking lot, and the girl drove slowly into traffic and then proceeded slowly.
The guy who was the road rage driver tailgated for a minute or so, then passed the car and flipped the girl the bird as he passed. The girl then honked the horn at him as he sped away. I'm sure the Mom's protectiveness got the best of her and that's why she went looking.

I once knew a guy in Montana who moved there from Texas. He admitted to a case of road rage in Texas; he said the daily commute would always get him irritable, and one day, he was tailgated by a semi for a few miles and lost it. He kept a .44 mag under the seat in his little import pickup, fetched it and turned around in his seat and shot the semi's grill. The bullet broke the block or the radiator, but didn't hurt the driver. …and that's why he moved to Montana.
I worked with him for a year, and he was just an ordinary guy. He didn't have a quick temper or anything, and never had any arguments at work.
He said the incident was the accumulation of a lot of different pressures that were on him, combined with frustrations of a daily gridlock commute, and the heat and humidity of the day. He had already looked into the job in Montana, and as soon as he got home, he told his wife they were moving.

When road rage takes over, its consuming. Reasonable people become madmen. Doing anything that will escalate it in the least will always result in some kind of fight, and the rager is already infuriated, so most often they're the one who does the most damage.

I'm sorry the Mom was shot, but she had alternatives; she could have called the cops, or just sat down and had a drink or something. Anything but grab her son and go looking for someone who's still mad as a hornet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events