U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 11:00 PM

12,172 posts, read 6,703,385 times

Advertisements

There's always somebody crazier than you.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:01 AM

9,865 posts, read 5,729,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The mother was teaching her 15 year old daughter how to drive in a parking lot, and the girl drove slowly into traffic and then proceeded slowly.
The guy who was the road rage driver tailgated for a minute or so, then passed the car and flipped the girl the bird as he passed. The girl then honked the horn at him as he sped away. I'm sure the Mom's protectiveness got the best of her and that's why she went looking.
There was nothing to "protect", it was done. Guy yelled at them, actually I'm sure he yelled at mother/driver, if it is true that it was she who was driving and not the unlicensed teenager. Guy got back in car, left. Done. Go home and later and tell your story of being yelled at by losery guy with anger issues. Use it to teach teenager about crazy drivers on the road. Since it was 11:30 at night, go to bed. No calling police, no chasing anyone down. Because what originally happened is very common, a reality of the times. Nothing to protect, because nothing really happened.

Or maybe there is MORE to the story. But the police have to be open to the possibility that their victim family bears some responsibility and maybe actually started the criminal part of this that resulted in the woman's death. Maybe look very closely at the son, starting with his Facebook page, where he has a photo of a semi-automatic pistol, described as a new member of the family (yuk) and writes about wanting to get a silencer for it. And where he brags about beating up jaywalkers. Think this boy may have some enemies?... Who raised this kid and has him living in the house, some nice parents? Mama knew what she was doing when she went back out, but the son is twenty two and fully responsible for all of his actions in this.

Protect nothing, these people are lowlife criminal nutters.

The police are making fools of themselves by defending this family, rather than in full investigation mode of the son who shot up the neighborhood. He should be getting interrogated under a lightbulb until he cracks, and the girl too, because they are both lying.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:10 AM

14,212 posts, read 9,621,371 times
Nope

Old 02-19-2015, 08:03 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,144,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
As we've learned from this Shakespearean-like tragedy, there are many people who should not own guns.

Unfortunately there is no means testing for anger and aggressiveness when it comes to allowing people to buy guns, so we can probably expect more violence in this vein. In fact, studies have shown that having a gun makes people feel more paranoid and yet more aggressively powerful at the same time.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...weapons-effect

Study: Carrying a gun can make you more paranoid | ZDNet
I don't feel we should have a anger test or anything like that be a prerequisite for owning a gun.

My belief is that if you are a person who flies off the rails in fits of anger, it would probably be best that you avoid getting a gun. I clearly stated that in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hot-heads should avoid owning guns.
I used to ride dirt bikes growing up. For a brief period I road street bikes, and found that I couldn't help myself but to do wheelstands and stoppies. One day I had a close call that calmed me down very briefly, but then I was right back at it. I decided that I should not ride street bikes due to my tendencies. It's a lot like my buddy who knows it's best for him just not to drink alcohol at all.

In that regard, I think it's best for hot-heads, like this woman and her son, to avoid owning guns.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:47 AM

41,906 posts, read 31,743,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't feel we should have a anger test or anything like that be a prerequisite for owning a gun.

My belief is that if you are a person who flies off the rails in fits of anger, it would probably be best that you avoid getting a gun. I clearly stated that in my post.

I used to ride dirt bikes growing up. For a brief period I road street bikes, and found that I couldn't help myself but to do wheelstands and stoppies. One day I had a close call that calmed me down very briefly, but then I was right back at it. I decided that I should not ride street bikes due to my tendencies. It's a lot like my buddy who knows it's best for him just not to drink alcohol at all.

In that regard, I think it's best for hot-heads, like this woman and her son, to avoid owning guns.
Your cognitive maturity enabled you to realize the potentially serious consequences of a lack of impulse control and you made a solid choice.

Our prisons and graves are full of people who never matured beyond the toddlers in a sandbox phase, who go off because some kid called them a Poo-Poo Head.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:48 AM

18,127 posts, read 16,461,608 times
No, the whole thing was stupid and reckless by everyone involved. You're teaching your kid to drive, that means driving defensively. No honking your horn when somebody cuts you off or they do something wrong. The horn is to warn other drivers of your presence, not to use it to admonish them. Getting your son to bring his gun while you go looking for another driver is insane. Its Las Vegas, the insanity and lawless factor is high to begin with. Who would want their child to bring a gun and possibly shoot someone, unless it was a home invasion or robbery?
The last time I used the car horn was to warn a guy that he was over the double line in my lane when he made a wide right turn due to snow. He didn't like it, he put his emergency lights on. I then saw it was a police car.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:11 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,144,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
No, the whole thing was stupid and reckless by everyone involved. You're teaching your kid to drive, that means driving defensively. No honking your horn when somebody cuts you off or they do something wrong. The horn is to warn other drivers of your presence, not to use it to admonish them. Getting your son to bring his gun while you go looking for another driver is insane. Its Las Vegas, the insanity and lawless factor is high to begin with. Who would want their child to bring a gun and possibly shoot someone, unless it was a home invasion or robbery?
The last time I used the car horn was to warn a guy that he was over the double line in my lane when he made a wide right turn due to snow. He didn't like it, he put his emergency lights on. I then saw it was a police car.
OT, I know, but if find this story interesting.

My younger brother was driving on a two lane road when he keep up behind two cop cars facing opposite directions with the cops with their windows down. Since the road was blocked, my brother stopped behind the cop car in his lane. After a couple of minutes, my brother moved up closer to the cop's bumper thinking that the cop might not have noticed him.

Another minute passes with no movement. My brother rolls down his window and can hear the cops talking and laughing, and it became obvious they were just socializing and not talking "cop strategy" for something like serving a warrant.

My brother, with his hand outside the window, taps his door a few times with his palm and ring hoping the cops will at least acknowledge him and indicate if they were going to be moving.

After another couple of minutes, my brother toots his horn. The cop facing him kind of waves and then drives past him, but the cop in front of him turns on his lights, gets out of the car and approaches my brother. He says it's illegal to sound a horn for something like that and that he could write him a ticket. The cop takes his license and goes back to his car and runs it, apparently taking it nice and slow, then returns to his car to tell him how disrespectful he was being.

Anyways, the honking the horn made me remember that.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:39 AM

27,863 posts, read 37,883,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There was nothing to "protect", it was done. Guy yelled at them, actually I'm sure he yelled at mother/driver, if it is true that it was she who was driving and not the unlicensed teenager. Guy got back in car, left. Done. Go home and later and tell your story of being yelled at by losery guy with anger issues. Use it to teach teenager about crazy drivers on the road. Since it was 11:30 at night, go to bed. No calling police, no chasing anyone down. Because what originally happened is very common, a reality of the times. Nothing to protect, because nothing really happened.

Or maybe there is MORE to the story. But the police have to be open to the possibility that their victim family bears some responsibility and maybe actually started the criminal part of this that resulted in the woman's death. Maybe look very closely at the son, starting with his Facebook page, where he has a photo of a semi-automatic pistol, described as a new member of the family (yuk) and writes about wanting to get a silencer for it. And where he brags about beating up jaywalkers. Think this boy may have some enemies?... Who raised this kid and has him living in the house, some nice parents? Mama knew what she was doing when she went back out, but the son is twenty two and fully responsible for all of his actions in this.

Protect nothing, these people are lowlife criminal nutters.

The police are making fools of themselves by defending this family, rather than in full investigation mode of the son who shot up the neighborhood. He should be getting interrogated under a lightbulb until he cracks, and the girl too, because they are both lying.
I think you are spot on here. This story just does not add up. There is some other criminal activity involved. Even a dumb redneck nutter does not wake up her son to grab his gun to go look for a guy who po-d them in traffic and find him! It would not surprise me at all if there was never any road rage incident to begin with.

If figure the LV cops are smart enough to see through this and get to the bottom of it. The media though, latched on to the murdered mom angle without checking the facts and circumstances. No surprise there either.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:44 AM

8,865 posts, read 7,347,410 times
If the story is true that she and her gun toting son got back into the car to look for the other vehicle then they escalated the situation. Now it becomes a case of did they find and attack the other vehicle? Even if they did, the other driver will still face murder charges. It appears she was shot outside her car at her home. That means the other driver went to their home and shot at them. There seems to be too many questions. Did they shoot at the other driver first, did the other driver chase or follow them home, did they shoot at the other driver before the other driver fired the fatal shots?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:47 AM

9,964 posts, read 11,821,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Stupid things happen to stupid people. How did she think this was going to end?

[rock paper scissors]
I never get mad or show anger. I always head the opposite direction because you have no idea what you are dealing with in that other car.

True story... four boys in north Georgia decided to give Richard Kuklinki an bad time on the road because they were hicks and he had New Jersey license plates on his car. He was on the way home after doing a hit in Florida.

So they chased him... Richard kept turning onto smaller and smaller roads until he had them where he wanted. He got out of his car with a 357 and as the prosecutor says in the video when Richard brought out a gun someone was going to die. He killed all four of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vn7Hz2PK7s

One scary guy and who do you know who is in the other car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or