U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 10:22 AM

1,020 posts, read 555,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Because some of you were wanting graphic killings of others who did much less and were killed by the Police.

Here, you knowingly see 2 teens attack an officer, and everyone jumps on the officer's training. And not the 2 girls.

I'm starting to be convinced there's serious bias when it comes to race at this point. It's very evident.

Hold up....criticizing the female cop's very poor handling & incompetence is in some way showing support for the 2 girls???.....Not at all. Anyone with a rational mindset can see that these two girls (and the d bag videoing it) are undisciplined, disrespectful scum who created & exacerbated the entire situation.....that's a given.

Problem is the female cop was unable to either control or end it, doing her job to effect the arrest. Had the girl not run off she had the cop in position to beat her unconciousness or worse, in addition to taking the cop's gun arming herself and either using it then or selling it off on the streets to be used in a later crime or murder.

So we have an adult female cop being unable to control 15 & 16 year old girls.....what if this had been a 25 yr old male? Also...did you see that after the 2 girls took off the cop just kind of strolled afterwards, not giving chase to catch them or at least keep them in sight to radio where they might have headed so they could be apprehended? No matter how you slice it, this was terrible job performance by a police officer not being able to do what was expected and required.

Don't ignore the white elephant in the room......does anyone in total honesty believe that a male officer would not have been able to capably handle & control this situation? At the very least hold the suspect down & control her actions until backup arrived?

The underlying problem is that in today's world they will let anyone who passes very watered down physical tests & height/size standards (again, done long ago to appease women's & equal rights groups) strap on a gunbelt and send them out in the streets. I know for a fact that in many major cities in NJ they will not let any female cops out on their own and they must patrol with a male partner (male officers however can be on their own) - is that real progress?....no, it's just the results of pandering & placating special interests groups who'd rather have a "win" and things the way they dream of in their world of delusions where everyone and all things are equal vs. the way things really are & what is obviously true.

Last edited by luckyram; 02-20-2015 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 10:37 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
3,691 posts, read 2,646,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Women in the military have the same problem to weak to protect themselves,
which is a danger to others.

Big mistake in both areas.
Tell Gina Cirano she's too weak to defend herself. I wonder who would win if you sparred with her. I'm thinking she would.

Plus there is a former cheerleader with the Philadelphia Eagles who is now a US Army intelligence officer, supposedly she's been out in combat.

The Marine Corps had female engagement units. Those were all female units that would do the house to house urban warfare, as females because the culture didn't want males going into female housing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLH-FUc1rA

I'm glad they finally have female officers on US submarines. Australia and the Netherlands have been doing it for years, and the US Navy has finally caught up. I was a sonar tech on submarines (STS3(SS)), and I can verify that is very stressful work (I have been up for four days once, and 24 to 48 hours is typical), and dangerous. You're underwater most of the time. In many cases, you are doing a mission such that if anything happened to the boat, "we were never there". One time we were running on the surface at dusk in the waters of a certain country and the Captain ordered us not to fly the US flag. You are also trained in weapons and tactics for fighting people who may try to board the submarine, or in cases where we might have to board another ship using force.

Here is a video of the first female officers on US Navy submarines being awarded their gold dolphins. I had to do exactly the same process except for enlisted it is called Silver Dolphins. But both have to learn the same things to get qualified. It's intellectually rigorous. You have to learn all major ships systems, learn how to operate emergency equipment, fight fires and flooding. You have to pass a board to prove your knowledge. Two enlisted people and one officer can ask you anything from what the mass of the diesel engine is to when you should pressurize a compartment in fire fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZmVZ6kVaQ

Old 02-20-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
It's unsettling to me that a police officer can't take down a scrawny teen-aged girl, but instead gets thrown around like a rag doll by that teen. I'm not against women on the police force, but for God's sake be able to do the job. I am sick of seeing female police officers being tossed around by those they try to arrest.
It is not size but training. I know some martial arts so I know how to put someone in an arm lock etc. Still, it can be difficult to restrain two people at once. You would have to restrain of them and put handcuffs while the other is trying to attack you. That's why grappling is ineffective against multiple opponents. You have to use strikes to disable one person at a time, and when you get a chance, use grappling to restrain them. Luckily Taekwondo -- I studied the ITF form of Taekwondo (more like kickboxing as opposed to the olympic version) in high school -- is a "striking" art; it teaches grappling but emphasizes striking.

In theory, she could have threatened both girls with her firearm. But that raises moral issues. She was showing restraint.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:53 AM

Female Marine defeats male marine in grappling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utrhy1Bmc5Y

Navy female defeats Marine Corps male in arm wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDbdhUeCyo0

Old 02-20-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Tell Gina Cirano she's too weak to defend herself. I wonder who would win if you sparred with her. I'm thinking she would.

Yes...excellent analogy...NOT

So matching up a female fighter who has trained most of her life in the intricacies of fighting & martial arts with the avg. Joe is your example of an equal match up?

How about matching up Gina against an equally trained (or even neophyte) male MMA fighter or martial artist and then "wonder who would win" ???.....hint: not Gina.

I love how people resort to the extremes when avoiding the obvious.

If every female cop was Gina Carrano then maybe there wouldn't be an issue and they could handle many physical altercations....problem is they're not and many are incapable of performing as required when the sh*t hits the fan.

Last edited by luckyram; 02-20-2015 at 11:59 AM..

Old 02-20-2015, 11:10 AM

103 posts, read 73,073 times
No where in the known politically correct universe are any standards ever lowered due to the fact that the applicant is male. Or white, for that matter.

That says either something about white males, the system that enforces standards, or both.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:12 AM

Couldn't post vid here for some reason but here is link:

VETERANS DAY VIDEO | Female and Male Soldiers Fight Each other In Full Rules Bout | BJPENN.COM

Old 02-20-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlasphemer View Post
No where in the known politically correct universe are any standards ever lowered due to the fact that the applicant is male. Or white, for that matter.

That says either something about white males, the system that enforces standards, or both.

HAHAHA.....you have obviously NO clue what you are talking about.

Not only were physical standards DEFINITELY lowered years ago but written test standards were lowered to allow a greater percentage of minorities to pass either entry level or promotional tests.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...e_lawsuit.html

"Between 2000 and 2008, 89 percent of the white candidates who took the test passed it, compared to 73 percent of African-American candidates and 77 percent of Hispanic candidates"

"Even African-Americans and Hispanics who pass the multiple-choice test are less likely to receive promotions because their scores are lower" (gee....what a horrible discrimination huh?....so those with worse results should get the promotional advantage because of their race/skin color???)

Again.....lower the bar to accept or promote lesser qualified vs. keep it where it is and have them raise themselves up to it.

Last edited by luckyram; 02-20-2015 at 12:35 PM..

Old 02-20-2015, 11:47 AM

12,071 posts, read 5,602,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Yes...excellent analogy...NOT

So matching up a female fighter who has trained most of her life in the intricacies of fighting & martial arts with the avg. Joe is your example of an equal match up?

How about matching up Gina against an equally trained (or even neophyte) male MMA fighter or martial artist and then "wonder who would win" ???.....hint: not Gina.

I love how people resort to the extremes when avoiding the obvious.

If every female cop was Gina Carrano then maybe there wouldn't be an issue and they could handle many physical altercations....problem is they're not any many are incapable of performing as required when the sh*t hits the fan.
But isn't a gun the great equalizer?

Old 02-20-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
But isn't a gun the great equalizer?
Yes...in theory....but not when an unarmed felon is able to wrestle it away from the weaker armed person thereby arming the felon bent on escape & bad intentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or