Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 05:24 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,516,756 times

Advertisements

Much talk about the "restraint" that the officer showed, but it looks to me like she got overwhelmed and was in a vulnerable position for a moment. Also, had the teens been males, I'm sure there would have been no "restraint" in this case.

Violent confrontation between 2 teen girls, police officer caught on video - Toronto - CBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 06:10 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,285,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Much talk about the "restraint" that the officer showed, but it looks to me like she got overwhelmed and was in a vulnerable position for a moment. Also, had the teens been males, I'm sure there would have been no "restraint" in this case.

Violent confrontation between 2 teen girls, police officer caught on video - Toronto - CBC News
Or if the teen girls had produced weapons of some sort. The outcome would likely have been different if the threat had escalated. Looks like the officer responded with only enough force to meet the threat, which she should be commended for IMO.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:24 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,747,195 times
The officer couldn't tackle and take down the one on her back? No wonder we're left to protect ourselves. Even cops are being turmed into pansies today.

This demonstrates the all-to-prevalent lack of respect for authority. And the snickering "videographer" should be proud of himself, too.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:26 PM

30,530 posts, read 18,004,555 times
The officer is to be commended, though she needlessly risked her life in the way she handled the matter in my view. For instance, when she was going after one girl, the other girl--who eventually used force to pull the officer off the other girl--had relatively easy access to the officer's gun. Thankfully, these girls, while disgusting, weren't of a more serious criminal mind as this could've turned out very differently.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,747,195 times
Commended? Even though she "needlessly risked her life." What she needs is retraining.

Am I the only one who saw the "group" running towards her ay the end of that video? Do you know how quickly an officer can be surrounded by a mob in such conditions?

Commendation? No way.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:40 PM

30,530 posts, read 18,004,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Commended? Even though she "needlessly risked her life." What she needs is retraining.

Am I the only one who saw the "group" running towards her ay the end of that video? Do you know how quickly an officer can be surrounded by a mob in such conditions?

Commendation? No way.
Yes, commended. She risked her life to ensure the safety of others. If that's not commendable, I don't know what is. Should she also be retrained? Sure. But her actions were certainly commendable in my view.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:07 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,541,882 times
Well, no one injured and two suspects arrested! That sound pretty much like a win, win to me!!!!!

Old 02-19-2015, 12:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,285,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Commendation? No way.
Commended for not drawing her weapon, as many here criticize the police for doing too quickly. She may not have handled the situation perfectly, but at least she didn't blow them away.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:41 PM

240 posts, read 250,943 times
It's unsettling to me that a police officer can't take down a scrawny teen-aged girl, but instead gets thrown around like a rag doll by that teen. I'm not against women on the police force, but for God's sake be able to do the job. I am sick of seeing female police officers being tossed around by those they try to arrest.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:46 PM

8,237 posts, read 8,576,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Or if the teen girls had produced weapons of some sort. The outcome would likely have been different if the threat had escalated. Looks like the officer responded with only enough force to meet the threat, which she should be commended for IMO.
The problem was she only used "enough" force. If you are attacked you should use overwhelming force, cop or citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events