U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
55,702 posts, read 54,278,241 times
Reputation: 65919

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
A "female couple" cannot have a baby. One of them had to have the help of a man.

Well ONE member of the female couple had the baby, is that better? I'm guessing artificial insemination was involved. Seems logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
Since no Christian church would have such members, what religion are you and as non-Christians why would you have a baby Jesus and a Christmas pageant?
Oh yes, the tired, sad, lame old "your church isn't REALLY Christian because you don't exclude <insert despised persons of choice>" song and dance. Did you really imagine that I haven't heard that before? We follow the teachings of Jesus, who said to love God and love our neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:14 PM
 
511 posts, read 383,007 times
Reputation: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You seem to be mistaken about what actually happened in this situation.
You seem to be misunderstanding the whole post applying it to the couple. READ The heading, yes they were the inspriation sure but it wasn't all about them

Unlike all of these interviews they've been benefitting financially from. A scam they've perpetrated from day one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:16 PM
 
511 posts, read 383,007 times
Reputation: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'm a 110% certain this baby is not scarred for life, but it will be if the parents start using it as a pawn for the next 18 years.
Well said.

None of us are scarred by being referred out ot another qualified medical professional

If so, we've got a tough road ahead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:18 PM
 
909 posts, read 708,816 times
Reputation: 2849
Things are unfolding as we speak via "the market". Firestorm of criticism on every review site possible. Only three doctors in the practice, if they were to lose 1/3 of their patients, and new patients stayed away, that practice could be done.

This story broke on Friday. I'd really hate to be at the front desk come Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
55,702 posts, read 54,278,241 times
Reputation: 65919
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
Things are unfolding as we speak via "the market". Firestorm of criticism on every review site possible. Only three doctors in the practice, if they were to lose 1/3 of their patients, and new patients stayed away, that practice could be done.

This story broke on Friday. I'd really hate to be at the front desk come Monday.
Yeah, but by Monday morning a Hollywood actress could have suffered a botched face lift or a politician could get caught pimping underage girls in Central America. This might be old news by Monday morning.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 02-21-2015 at 05:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:30 PM
 
511 posts, read 383,007 times
Reputation: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If the couple canceled their appointment within the acceptable time to cancel, generally 24-48 hour notice then they are well within their rights if not they would be expected to pay for that visit. The couple did not set an appointment, then send someone else to the appointment to tell the doctor that they didn't approve of her life.
The sinereo you are trying to present here is blatantly illegal. We don't get to pretend to be someone else in order to get medical care under someone elses name. There are laws in place we need to respect. But we do have a right to seek out medical care until we find someone we are compatible with and who wants to accept us into their private practice. If it's a hospital or funded via the County Health Departments, they are not under obligation for their doctors to accept any particular patient either. Only to provide the medical care because it is PUBLIC money. PRIVATE practices are not funded by PUBLIC tax dollars

Quote:
IF the doctor did not feel she could serve the patient and the babies parents, then she should not have set the appointment. By setting the appointment she agreed to see the patient, kind of like a contract to provide service. She violated that agreement and did it in a very cowardly manner.
What in the world?? NO NO Sir. Making an appointment is to discuss the agreement contract itself is what the appointment IS FOR.

Othewise a brief meeting in between the Doctor seeing her patients doesn't suffice, do you think they are all psychic or something? They already know what the legal paperwork is, even before the patient fills out their medical history? What the Doctors expectations are?

It takes time to DISCUSS the agreement to even know what it entails,and what the patients medical history. There is no rush, the appointment is FOR that purpose. And considering all parties agree, services are rendered. Whether at that moment or later at another appointment

I sure as heck don't want to be bound to a Doctor I met just briefly... who kindly allowed me to interrupt her day to introduce myself in between patients. And yes, I've requested this just to see if they seem like someone I want as my doctor. then at the visit, we discuss the agreemetn aka contract which isn't even completed until 15-30 mnutes before the appointment because my info hadn't even been relayed yet.

I hadn't filled out my medical history to give to her, nor read the legalites of being their patient

I don't know what she is comfortable with and whether we are a good fit.But if we agree to the contract, then said services can be rendered either right then, or at a different appointment

New people are told to show up 15 minutes- a half hour early to review the Doctors requirements and other legal matters along with the patients medical history.

Then if all is well, then and only then, services are rendered. After the agreement via in writing, has been reviewed and accepted.

But often the Doctors are such wonderful folks by default, they will do the Well Baby check right then even if they aren't going to accept this particular patient.


Come to think of it, this happened with us and our son at his well baby check. We were not accepted by the Doctor I requested but another doctor came walking in. Can't have everything in life but I sure was greatful to have someone there right then. We got the check up done at 8 weeks and life went on. I didn't need to return back for the check up

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-21-2015 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
9,976 posts, read 16,617,083 times
Reputation: 6376
For all of you who say that because other physicians were available this is not big deal, I beg to differ. In both OR & WA recently a baker and a florist (respectively) were sued for discrimination on account of sexual orientation by their respective States. Let me assure you that there are lots of wedding cake bakers and wedding florists in those communities. The couples did not seek out those service providers because they discriminated against gays, they just walked into a declination of service because of their sexual orientation and were rebuffed.

Do I think that physician should be sued? Absolutely. Will that practice suffer as a result? Possibly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:36 PM
 
511 posts, read 383,007 times
Reputation: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
Things are unfolding as we speak via "the market". Firestorm of criticism on every review site possible. Only three doctors in the practice, if they were to lose 1/3 of their patients, and new patients stayed away, that practice could be done.

This story broke on Friday. I'd really hate to be at the front desk come Monday.
Yeah but it's based on lies. Baby was not a patient nor did she need treatment but the desired well baby check up



I think it's a blessing. It may weed out the quacks, especially those who love to sue and swindle

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-21-2015 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM
 
511 posts, read 383,007 times
Reputation: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
For all of you who say that because other physicians were available this is not big deal, I beg to differ. In both OR & WA recently a baker and a florist (respectively) were sued for discrimination on account of sexual orientation by their respective States. Let me assure you that there are lots of wedding cake bakers and wedding florists in those communities. The couples did not seek out those service providers because they discriminated against gays, they just walked into a declination of service because of their sexual orientation and were rebuffed.

Do I think that physician should be sued? Absolutely. Will that practice suffer as a result? Possibly.
Really, you sue alot of people eh? It's you people who are part of the huge problems with such high insurance rates for doctors.

The couple is already making a ton of money off this scam set up from day one. Planning to set up interviews amongst the media hype.

But scammers and swindlers love their own kind. So it's to be expected

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-21-2015 at 06:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2015, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,186 posts, read 14,966,734 times
Reputation: 18249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yeah. There was another doctor available. The baby was attended to by a qualified doctor.

As the headline says, there is nothing illegal about it. But the headline implies there ought to be. I disagree because this was not an emergency case. In the ER all restrictions are off - rich, poor, gay, child molester, cop, Martian, whatever; treat them all.
I agree with what is quoted ^ but adding that what kind of parent would try to force a doctor to treat themselves or their children if the doctor would rather not for whatever reason? I'm thinking the health of my child would prevail over anything that might hurt my feelings regarding my choice of lifestyle.

I thought the "refuses to treat baby" was a little much since the baby was not requiring "treatment" and it was very misleading so "for the cause" that I really have doubts about this particular couple. I think any couple that care about their child would want a doctor comfortable with becoming the doctor for that child. I have son with Down syndrome and some medical professionals are uncomfortable with him although he has always been more like us than not and had no special issues and I just prefer that anyone with the slightest issue with me, my family or a specific child, what to heck, even my pets, lets me know so I can go elsewhere. And, yes, it is the same, my concern is getting the best situation for my family and my pets but then, I don't have any other agenda than that!!!

I believe that the doctor would have provided treatment in an emergency situation or if no other doctor was available but that was not the case.

Editing to say: Doesn't a physician have a right to change their mind? She may have been caught off guard and wasn't sure what to say when asked about being the physician for the baby in the first place. So, who hasn't agreed to something only to change their mind later after giving the situation more thought and deciding they were not comfortable with it?

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 02-21-2015 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top