U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 09:45 PM

174 posts, read 94,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
If you did it once here in Canada you would lose your license to practise medicine.
yes but we are a free country unlike Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 09:47 PM

174 posts, read 94,939 times
I am considering opening another business but I will have a sign stating I do not wish to have homosexuals as customers and that a percentage of every sale is donated to anti homosexual causes in the name of the customer. Think they would still want to give me their money?

Old 02-21-2015, 09:55 PM

20,979 posts, read 15,665,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
Yeah but it's based on lies. Baby was not a patient nor did she need treatment but the desired well baby check up

I think it's a blessing. It may weed out the quacks, especially those who love to sue and swindle
Lefties never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:56 PM

504 posts, read 482,659 times
Just love how some of the posters talk about "the LGBT" and the homosexual agenda like it is a some big conspiracy. There are lots and lots of different types of gay and lesbian people, from all walks of life. And without "whining" or whatever you might want to characterize standing up for one's self and advocating, nothing changes. Nobody ever "gives" you rights, you have to fight for them. Plenty of examples in the US (and elsewhere).

Old 02-21-2015, 09:56 PM

9,815 posts, read 15,969,936 times
If it can be proved that the physician declined care because the parents are lesbians his/her license to practice may be in jeopardy by action of the Board of Medical Examiners.

If s/he can continue to practice that physician may be forced to practice unaffiliated with a clinic or hospital because no one will touch him/her with a 10 foot pole because of reputation/risk of litigation for discrimination. As a practical matter that will hugely increase the administrative cost of running a practice and in all likelihood loose the status of preferred provider because of the lack of administrative resources. This physician could stand on their principals but will pay dearly for the privilege.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:10 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,174,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
Sorry but medical licences are not granted or regulated by the government but by the Dr.s medical association.

Registering to Practise Medicine in Ontario | College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario

You Americans could only hope to have the degree of freedom we have here in Canada!
You don't and you won't with your overbearing Government that has it's nose stuck into everything.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:18 PM

3,720 posts, read 4,451,927 times
So, this is sort of like these gay wedding cakes that people think exist and that there is a religious right not to bake them. Now we have gay health services I guess.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:43 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,365,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
The baby was not denied "treatment" so your "first" and "second" points are completely irrelevant.
The doctor declined to be their pediatrician and another doctor in the practice was assigned to them.
So the baby was not denied "treatment" and got a physician. I don't see the problem.
It's just like how those annoying blacks made such a stink about sitting at the back of the bus. I mean, come on. They still got to sit on the bus so what was the big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
That's laughable, for so many reasons.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:22 AM

19,463 posts, read 9,793,905 times
Quote:

This baby was not her patient, the Doctor had never even seen the baby before except briefly informally when the Couple dropped by her office and she fit her in for a quick hello. Met her briefly and a visit was scheduled

Baby was referred out immediately so a different doctor walked into the room

A collegue of hers maybe? But instead of just denying the visit when they arrived, she arranged care instead.

Something she didn't need to do but was a nice gesture since she wasn't planning on accepting baby as her patient

How much money they made off of the interviews of this "set up" witch hunt is yet to be determined.

It's so sad but I am sure they are raking in the dough with all of this publicity and interviews
Do you understand what a referral is?

Quote:
The term "referral" can refer both to the act of sending you to another doctor or therapist, and to the actual paper authorizing your visit.
Referral definition - MedicineNet - Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctors

This couple were not sent to another doctor, or even told that they would be seeing another doctor. The doctor that they had scheduled an appointment with didn't even show up to the appointment and sent another doctor in to explain why.

If I interview someone for a job, and schedule with them to do the job, then I expect the person I scheduled to do the job.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:26 AM

19,463 posts, read 9,793,905 times
Quote:
You seem to be misunderstanding the whole post applying it to the couple. READ The heading, yes they were the inspriation sure but it wasn't all about them

Unlike all of these interviews they've been benefitting financially from. A scam they've perpetrated from day one
Please provide proof that the couple have been paid a dime for interviews.

I'm sure they plotted and planned while pregnant and interviewing doctors. I bet they hid the fact that they were a couple when they met the doctor before the baby was born, just to make sure she would set up an appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or