U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Corona del Mar & Coronado, CA
1,573 posts, read 1,120,859 times
Reputation: 1961

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Think he was trying to make a point. Intolerant businesses CAN be successful, therefor looking for evidence of chick fil a bankruptcy is futile.
Uh........ his statement was "One simply needs to look at the bankruptcy of Chick Fil A to see that an intolerant business cannot operate successfully", so one would assume his point was intolerant business cannot operate successfully. He undercuts his own point if he believes Chick-fil-a to be intolerant, yet they are wildly successful.

I know facts don't mean a lot to many in discussions, just expressing the 'right sentiment' is enough, but I tend to favor the truth over hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2015, 12:02 PM
 
468 posts, read 432,153 times
Reputation: 1114
Default Really? Show the stats..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Actually, the reverse is happening. Fewer and fewer people are cherishing the hate you hold so dear.

95% of the voting public? I see someone doesn't know how to use Google.
The American public is FORCED to tolerate sodomites. You are misinformed by a media that lies about stats and actually lies about and for Liberal Agendas.

Hate? and so what is your point? I think when sodomites FORCE private companies to serve them, that is HATE.
I think perversing the Judicial System by getting liberal judges to vote in favor what 95% of the country DOES NOT WANT in their community is hateful. I think sodomites INTOLERANCE AND RESPECT for others "choices" is hateful, yet they demand that their choices be tolerated.
Since you out right called attitude "Hate" which is totally out of my character, I am just going to dismiss you as an airhead, with no discernable argument for your cause.

I used to think the attitude of the Islam is horrendous but the nasty venomous intolerance and the gay pride parades of disgusting behavior convinced me that their attitude is far superior to mine. Especially when people like you come along and call me hateful. Hateful??? ok. Let Islam deal. I have nothing to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2015, 02:27 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,286 posts, read 16,128,557 times
Reputation: 11269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
The American public is FORCED to tolerate sodomites. You are misinformed by a media that lies about stats and actually lies about and for Liberal Agendas.

Hate? and so what is your point? I think when sodomites FORCE private companies to serve them, that is HATE.
I think perversing the Judicial System by getting liberal judges to vote in favor what 95% of the country DOES NOT WANT in their community is hateful. I think sodomites INTOLERANCE AND RESPECT for others "choices" is hateful, yet they demand that their choices be tolerated.
Since you out right called attitude "Hate" which is totally out of my character, I am just going to dismiss you as an airhead, with no discernable argument for your cause.

I used to think the attitude of the Islam is horrendous but the nasty venomous intolerance and the gay pride parades of disgusting behavior convinced me that their attitude is far superior to mine. Especially when people like you come along and call me hateful. Hateful??? ok. Let Islam deal. I have nothing to say.

is that the gay AND straight sodomites?? ..... or just the gay ones??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2015, 02:47 PM
 
869 posts, read 929,399 times
Reputation: 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Uh........ his statement was "One simply needs to look at the bankruptcy of Chick Fil A to see that an intolerant business cannot operate successfully", so one would assume his point was intolerant business cannot operate successfully. He undercuts his own point if he believes Chick-fil-a to be intolerant, yet they are wildly successful.

I know facts don't mean a lot to many in discussions, just expressing the 'right sentiment' is enough, but I tend to favor the truth over hyperbole.
I'm actually surprised at the reaction to my post, as I thought the parallels would be obvious considering how widely covered the recent Chick Fil A controversy was. Note that my response was to a poster who stated that the doctor's career was effectively over and her practice would now fail because of fallout from her decision. Chick Fil A faced an organized boycott campaign from LGBT groups after the founder spoke out against gay marriage and donated millions of dollars to organizations which actively oppose it. Sales increased during and after the boycott. Turns out there were a lot more people who apparently agreed with the founder, who simply chose to silently increase their support of his business, than there were detractors from the very vocal minority in the LGBT community and their supporters. Chick Fil A is the most successful food chain in the country (per store). The bankruptcy comment was sarcasm, which the second sentence should have made clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
One simply needs to look at the bankruptcy of Chick Fil A to see that an intolerant business cannot operate successfully. While what you say could happen, the practice might also get more new business than they can take on from the mostly silent but large groups of people who share her beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2015, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 22,500,688 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
not very "Christ-like," is she??
She just sounds like a bigot to me. I wouldn't want her treating my children.

Dr./patient relationships need to be on good terms. We're a gay couple with kids (had them since the day they were born) and never had any issues with our kids' doctors. But then we live in a liberal city.

In this case, the bigot doctor did ensure the baby received care from someone who wasn't a bigot, so I don't see it as a big deal. It'll take a long time to change the opinions of people who hate gay people and this is just part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2015, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 22,500,688 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
The American public is FORCED to tolerate sodomites. You are misinformed by a media that lies about stats and actually lies about and for Liberal Agendas.

Hate? and so what is your point? I think when sodomites FORCE private companies to serve them, that is HATE.
I think perversing the Judicial System by getting liberal judges to vote in favor what 95% of the country DOES NOT WANT in their community is hateful. I think sodomites INTOLERANCE AND RESPECT for others "choices" is hateful, yet they demand that their choices be tolerated.
Since you out right called attitude "Hate" which is totally out of my character, I am just going to dismiss you as an airhead, with no discernable argument for your cause.

I used to think the attitude of the Islam is horrendous but the nasty venomous intolerance and the gay pride parades of disgusting behavior convinced me that their attitude is far superior to mine. Especially when people like you come along and call me hateful. Hateful??? ok. Let Islam deal. I have nothing to say.
lol! It must be tough to be such an anti-gay bigot these days. You're on the losing side, so I'd suggest therapy to get over it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 04:01 AM
 
511 posts, read 360,916 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Let this "Doctor" go practice medicine in Saudi Arabia with like minded people. She is not fit to practice medicine in this country and her license to do so should be revoked.
Another Nazi lover here! How about you go move to a third world country where people are forced to accept certain doctors and vice versa? you seem to not respect the freedom we have here, both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 04:03 AM
 
511 posts, read 360,916 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
You're right, I was looking at the AMA's site. The AMA issues guidelines. The state medical board is the one who makes the rules for doctors in their state. So for Michigan, not putting much hope there.
Under the law and medical board of the state of Michigan, the doctor is probably well protected.
In the court of public (Internet) opinion, she is losing badly.
She is well protected in California as well. As is the patient, they are both protected here in California. As it should be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 04:05 AM
 
511 posts, read 360,916 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
No, the analogy is perfect. Blacks had to sit at the back of the bus because bigotry was acceptable. Gays are the last minority that people seem to think it's okay to discriminate against. A baby was referred to someone else because a doctor refused to treat her. Why did the doctor refuse to treat her? Because her parents are gay. That's bigotry.
You have it all wrong. The biggots want to demand that a particular doctor take a particular patient and vice versa. That Couple had the right to accept her as their Doctor after the paperwork (contact) was reviewed and vice versa. Only a biggot wants to take away these rights and descriminate against the Couple and their Doctor. THis is not a third world country, both the doctor and the patient (if accepted as one) as rights.

America, Land of the Free.


Thanks to our Veterans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 04:07 AM
 
511 posts, read 360,916 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
I work in law enforcement. Gee...wish I could pick and choose who to help and blame it on my religion. Except....I HATE organized religion because of the judgemental, biased, hypocritical asswipes it tends to produce. Like this doctor.
This is a PRIVATE Practice.

You are paid to protect the PUBLIC

If you wanted something different, then you shouldn't have accepted the job

and maybe went to school some years longer to enjoy that benefits this medical professional does.

A job after much hard work and education, you'd get to choose who you treat and they'd get to choose whether you'll be the one to treat them!


As it is now...you are hog tied forced to do stuff against people's will

And they by default, some will resist you. No fun

But that's the nature of your job. It may not be too late to get out though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top