U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:15 AM

20,327 posts, read 10,412,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
She did refer them to another doctor. When they arrived, that doctor entered the room and took on the visit.

That wasn't what SHE said but what the doctor she REFERRED told them.

And the letter she sent the couple was just an apology letter in case she hurt their feelings. Unneccesary letter but the lady was so nice and concerned, she apologized anyhow. What integrity! Baby got seen by another medical professional, right then, in her place.The problem here is you have complaints based on erroneous information. Actually read the article instead of making false accusations at a top notch physician
When I get a referral from my doctor, they come in and explain why I need to see this other doctor, and then I set an appointment with the other doctor, if I so choose. That is not what happened in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 08:16 AM

1,024 posts, read 789,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
She just sounds like a bigot to me. I wouldn't want her treating my children.

Dr./patient relationships need to be on good terms. We're a gay couple with kids (had them since the day they were born) and never had any issues with our kids' doctors. But then we live in a liberal city.

In this case, the bigot doctor did ensure the baby received care from someone who wasn't a bigot, so I don't see it as a big deal. It'll take a long time to change the opinions of people who hate gay people and this is just part of it.
She really did the parents a favor. Their baby got treatment from someone who wanted to be their doctor.

I'm not defending the doctor's bigotry, and think it's wrong-headed. But I don't believe in forcing anyone to do work that they are morally opposed to, assuming that it's not an emergency or life-or-death situation. And assuming that there are plenty of other people providing the same service.

Such is the case with this doctor. No one was harmed, the baby got good treatment, there was no life-or-death emergency, so it's much ado about nothing.

Nowhere should be assume that we are guaranteed the work of a particular individual, just because we want them. This doctor didn't want to work for this couple. Her reasons were stupid, in my opinion, but she's entitled to her beliefs. I agree with the other comments which state that it would be bad to have an unwilling person working for us, who may be hiding resentment. Why force them under such circumstances?

The doctor made the mistake of even acting like she'd accept this baby as a patient in the first place. She should have referred the parents to another doctor right from the start.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM

511 posts, read 383,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Where is this place that is forced to accept certain doctors? I'm glad you admit you are for Sharia law in the US. Freedom and all that.
Why do you want to mimick a third world country?

In the US, we have the right to choose our doctor

In the US, the Doctor has the right to accept us as their patient (in private practice)

Last edited by MrsApt; 03-01-2015 at 04:48 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When I get a referral from my doctor, they come in and explain why I need to see this other doctor, and then I set an appointment with the other doctor, if I so choose. That is not what happened in this case.
No she was kind enough not to make them go through all of that. She went above and beyond to ensure a medically qualified professional be her replacement...this doctor entered the room in place of herself.

They need not seek another doctor unless they didn't like the doctor who entered the room. But I didn't read any appreciation for that extra effort on her part

That is what probably happened, unless this couple pulled some more antics in the waiting room and he

didn't want anything to do with them too. Like talking sexual or whatever, maybe telling him they aren't lesbians but bisexuals, who knows. These people are way out there...the devil incarnate what they are doing to their baby using them as a pawn to make money on interviews and lying and disparraging a medical professional

Old 03-01-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
She really did the parents a favor. Their baby got treatment from someone who wanted to be their doctor.
Exactly! thank you

No matter what side you are on, a baby is at stake.

And any decent parent would ONLY want a doctor who WANTS to care for their baby.

The fact that forcing a Doctor to begrudgingly care for a baby's well being...well that is insanity. And no doubt, that wasn't part of their plan anyhow. They were using the baby as their pawn to schedule interviews, create drama and get $paid$$ for all the interviews

Baby's health has nothing to do with this. They saw dollar signs and used the poor innocent human as their pawn

Much more than her personal religious beliefs (which I disagree with)

All to push an agenda

They do not view the baby as a real person... who deserves a doctor... whose emotionally invested the babies well being

Old 03-01-2015, 04:42 PM

174 posts, read 99,357 times
You know Federal law allows commercial pilots to have anyone removed from their plane and nothing can be done about it. It is their right. Someone looks muslim, put them off. Someone looks gay, put them off. You are not allowed to ask why or take any action against them for it. That's the way it is in all business a private citizen owns.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
You know Federal law allows commercial pilots to have anyone removed from their plane and nothing can be done about it. It is their right. Someone looks muslim, put them off. Someone looks gay, put them off. You are not allowed to ask why or take any action against them for it. That's the way it is in all business a private citizen owns.
Many here do not understand the difference between a private business and laws which come in to play pertaining to certain occupations which require certain individuals to service the public under certain circumstances. The difference between a hospital and a private practice. The difference between the government funded Health Clinic I go to, and the doctor I also see on the side, who owns his practice. He accepted me because he wanted to, so I trust him slightly more. At the Clinic, I get many different Doctors or NP's who are not able to get to know me like my Doctor does.

As best I can, I pay for my medical care which is why I have my own Doctor on the side. But the ACA came into law and required me to have health insurance I cannot afford so instead I showed them I was an indian and was accepted into that clinic. That sufficed the mandate to have health insurance. We trade services with my doctor. We painted his house and his private practice so far. I have about $8000 in credit when I am ill. It never expires (except maybe in 8 years when he retires)

Last edited by MrsApt; 03-01-2015 at 05:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or