Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 07:48 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,112,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
COMMON SENSE TIPS- Physicians Offices & New Patients

1. Don't come in to a Physican's Office demanding your baby to be accepted into their practice.

They didn't. They interviewed her and the doctor set an appointment to see the baby.

2. Instead ... ask nicely.
3. Don't demand a well baby check be conducted

They didn't. The doctor set the appointment to see them for a well baby checkup.

4. Instead... ask nicely
5. If you are referred out for your medical care or another medical professional is referred in any capacity, don't go to the MEDIA telling tales that a Doctor wouldn't treat your child. Your child needs a WELL BABY check up. DON'T LIE ABOUT YOUR BABY. That he/she needs treatment and was denied when the baby only was there for a well baby check up

They had an appointment with the doctor they interview to treat their baby. The doctor did not refer them to anyone, she just refused to even show up to speak with them and sent someone else to tell them.

6. Actually see the Doctor you were referred to. Don't be vindictive or threaten to go to the media if another one takes over instead. Treat him or her well. Tell of any concerns, BE NICE and say THANK YOU

They were not referred to anyone else. They were not told they would be seeing another doctor until the one they had set an appointment didn't show up.

7. Decide if you feel they are competent. Heck they may be a better fit than "she" could've been

They interviewed several doctors while pregnant to pick the one they thought would be the best fit. They did the research, were given an appointment with the one they interviewed. Why do you feel that their research should be just tossed because they were dumped on a doctor that they did not know?

8. If so, nicely and calmly request your baby be accepted into their practice.

They already WERE accepted by the first doctor.

9.Explain calmly... your baby needs a well baby check (not that he/she wouldn't already know it) and you'd be delighted if they would accept her as a patient. Pray the Physician isn't aware of any crazy PUBLIC witch hunt of a last medical professional

10. And again...rinse and repeat. Don't demand your baby become a patient to Doc #2 or else you'll go to the media. And you will lie and say your baby needed treatment but was denied.

They didn't demand anything, they were accepted by the first doctor.

If Doctor #2 doesn't accept your baby, wonder if YOU are the problem. Consider getting professional help for yourself when if the desire to contact the media with tales engulfs you. Stop focusing on yourself, your Sex drive and your sexuality. TMI in the Doctors office!!! It's about BABY. And don't threaten the Physician. Don't call names like Bigot or hate filled

Don't go barking off orders like a Soildier in Nazi Germany as if you have some alienable rights others do not due to your very unique and public, sexuality. Again, TMI. Actually do what you can do to make it more conducive she receive the check up she needs by omitting your threats, entitlement attitude, and overall weirdness. Be gracious for any help you receive. Act as normal as you can. Remember where you are, in a Physicians Office.

You seem to be mistaken about what actually happened in this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 08:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,002,522 times
Quote:
COMMON SENSE TIPS- Physicians Offices & New Patients

1. Don't come in to a Physican's Office demanding your baby to be accepted into their practice.
2. Instead ... ask nicely.
3. Don't demand a well baby check be conducted
4. Instead... ask nicely
5. If you are referred out for your medical care or another medical professional is referred in any capacity, don't go to the MEDIA telling tales that a Doctor wouldn't treat your child. Your child needs a WELL BABY check up. DON'T LIE ABOUT YOUR BABY. That he/she needs treatment and was denied when the baby only was there for a well baby check up

6. Actually see the Doctor you were referred to. Don't be vindictive or threaten to go to the media if another one takes over instead. Treat him or her well. Tell of any concerns, BE NICE and say THANK YOU

7. Decide if you feel they are competent. Heck they may be a better fit than "she" could've been

8. If so, nicely and calmly request your baby be accepted into their practice.

9.Explain calmly... your baby needs a well baby check (not that he/she wouldn't already know it) and you'd be delighted if they would accept her as a patient. Pray the Physician isn't aware of any crazy PUBLIC witch hunt of a last medical professional

10. And again...rinse and repeat. Don't demand your baby become a patient to Doc #2 or else you'll go to the media. And you will lie and say your baby needed treatment but was denied.

If Doctor #2 doesn't accept your baby, wonder if YOU are the problem. Consider getting professional help for yourself when if the desire to contact the media with tales engulfs you. Stop focusing on yourself, your Sex drive and your sexuality. TMI in the Doctors office!!! It's about BABY. And don't threaten the Physician. Don't call names like Bigot or hate filled

Don't go barking off orders like a Soildier in Nazi Germany as if you have some alienable rights others do not due to your very unique and public, sexuality. Again, TMI. Actually do what you can do to make it more conducive she receive the check up she needs by omitting your threats, entitlement attitude, and overall weirdness. Be gracious for any help you receive. Act as normal as you can. Remember where you are, in a Physicians Office.

Whats your point As Nothing in the ops link pointed to any of this attitude being displayed,

Old 02-21-2015, 09:00 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,082,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How is setting an appointment to see the baby and not showing up for the appointment "referring" the baby to another doctor?

I'm a 110% certain this baby is not scarred for life, but it will be if the parents start using it as a pawn for the next 18 years.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:25 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,112,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'm a 110% certain this baby is not scarred for life, but it will be if the parents start using it as a pawn for the next 18 years.
No one said that the baby was "scarred for life" we are discussing the fact that the doctor interviewed the parents before the baby was born, set the appointment, then acted like a jerk when the couple brought the baby in for the appointment. If the doctor had a problem why didn't she call and cancel the appointment before the baby was born? Why not a month in advance? Why not a week in advance? Why did she not even have the guts to show up on the day of the appointment to deal with the situation herself instead of sending someone else in to clean up her mess?

If I interview someone, and set an appointment to do a job, it is expected that I show up to do the job. Why should this doctor be any different? She accepted them as clients, set an appointment, but refused to do the job.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,641,439 times
Well, if the doctor is so bigoted, I'd rather know that up front and have my child treated by someone who isn't going to judge me. But if you have that much of a problem with how other people live their lives, maybe physician isn't the best choice of profession.

I mean, I can see the point of view of business owners who don't want to do something against their beliefs -- like the florists and bakeries asked to do something for gay weddings. I don't agree with their views, but I understand where they're coming from. But if you go into the medical profession, it would seem that you understand that your job is to treat people, period. The Hippocratic Oath doesn't say anything about refusing to treat people because you disagree with their lifestyle. And last I checked, Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself, to judge not lest you be judged, and to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I also seem to remember a little parable about the Good Samartian -- the man who stopped to help a person who was robbed and beaten without question, while the Levite and the pious priest walk right on by and do nothing to help.

"Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbor to him who fell among the robbers?"

"He who showed mercy on him."

Then Jesus said, "Go and do likewise."

Jesus didn't say "If the beaten man was a 'Sodomite,' the correct thing to do was to keep walking and leave the man there along the road."

Old 02-21-2015, 10:36 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,696,674 times
Look, some people have strong religious beliefs and they have that right. The Doctor is evidently one of them and she felt it wouldn't be in her best interest or the couple's best interest to personally care for the child. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm God fearing but not religious per se, however, I too wonder about the lives of children who are raised by two gays or two lesbians. It is tough enough for kids to grow up in "normal" homes (ie, a male Father and a female Mother) but can you imagine the pressures put on the child when they have to explain to their friends they have two Dads or two Moms.

I know someone will jump on me for that opinion, but, like the good Doctor, I have the right to my views. I know it is a different world today, but GEEEEEESH !!!!!!!!

Don

Old 02-21-2015, 10:54 AM

10,987 posts, read 20,460,366 times
On the west coast no service provider can discriminate based on sexual orientation - wedding cake, flowers ... not to speak of medical services. What is the difference between that and discrimination on the basis of race? Religion once justified even slavery. I think the physician should have their license revoked, practice in another country that honors your discrimination.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:19 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,164,297 times
Quote:
Treated for what ailment or illness? Read the story
The baby needed a WELL baby check at a week old
They were in the process of attempting to obtain a Doctor and arrived to the visit... obtaining a different medical professional.
Because the first Medical Professional wisely decided not to accept baby (considering what we know now, you can't blame her) She arranged for his medical care instead
You're like a caricature of a nutball conservative. Remember that scene in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?' where Christopher Lloyd revealed himself to be a 'toon and went crazy? That's you.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:48 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,696,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You're like a caricature of a nutball conservative. Remember that scene in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?' where Christopher Lloyd revealed himself to be a 'toon and went crazy? That's you.
Do you treat everyone who has a different opinion than you this way ????? If so, guess who has the problem ?? You've been watching too many cartoons for your own good.

Don

Old 02-21-2015, 03:46 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,858,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
She just passed off the patient to another doctor. I'm sure that happens often, for many reasons, in multi doctor practices.
If she was the only doctor, and it was an emergency she should HAVE to treat the baby.

I wish the religion of the doctor would have been mentioned. I wonder what religion would approve of the action even if they disapproved of the parents lifestyle. The whole hate the sin love the sinner thing.

Since other doctors were available I don't think this is that big of a deal.

Apparently you don't really thinkalot after all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events