U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 10:59 PM

4,923 posts, read 3,967,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
This young man gives me hope for the future. We see so many stories of our youth doing bad things, it is very refreshing to see this young man doing his part to help his fellow man in need. Thanks for a great story. This made this old mans night...
No, Thank You!

It is only folks like you that respond that makes a difference!

ALL of us are quick to jump in to the black man = violence threads.
Very few drop by to respond to a black youth doing what is unexpected.
(unexpected .. even by me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 11:07 PM

4,923 posts, read 3,967,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Honestly the world isn't that screwed up, this stuff doesn't get much attention because its normal behavior... a kid shoveling an old mans driveway is not really newsworthy in my opinion, because it is very common.

People shooting each other is newsworthy because its rare.
I disagree.

As a black man, I can't tell you how much the news of black crime, black violence has infected my very soul!

Everyday I read and hear about black violence and black crime.

It is rare that you come across news like this!

This young man should be celebrated!

Old 02-21-2015, 12:40 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,526,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I disagree.

As a black man, I can't tell you how much the news of black crime, black violence has infected my very soul!

Everyday I read and hear about black violence and black crime.

It is rare that you come across news like this!

This young man should be celebrated!
Yep, that is because that isn't what viewers want. The news likes to spoon feed people what they want to see to help them sell advertising space. That doesn't mean kind acts don't happen like this regularly, it just means there isn't a camera crew there to film it.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:56 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,647,090 times
I don't see myself as old, but I guess I am getting there... Every once in a while a young man or even a young woman will open the door for me. Right now I feel a bit odd about it, but I am always appreciative. I honestly think there are more good young people than bad, but the bad ones get all the attention.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:39 PM

1,477 posts, read 724,943 times
Nice to see good news for a change, so often the news is bad. I am glad to see that there is still humanity out there.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 16,773,956 times
That was a great story. As I read the text and looked at the picture, I was heartened for the youth of America.

Then it turned into a race thing. I don't give a crap about that. I am just glad some kids in the new generation are being raised to be decent people. Bringing race into it just cheapend the message if not the real deed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or