U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
 
9,131 posts, read 5,684,368 times
Reputation: 5278

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
I will never understand the apparent line of thought of, "Well there were (allegedly) bad people in the house, so the innocent children deserved death/injury," that I keep seeing pop up. And don't tell me that's not what is being said, when things like, "
Yes, poor little girl indeed. Had she been surrounded with respectable human beings, she'd still be alive," and, "Poor little girl.. daddy was a murderer... no justice ..no peace.. opps.. hes in jail," are posted, that is exactly what you are saying. Damn the innocents, get the bad guy! You people sicken me.
Are you really this clueless ? Not one person has said she deserved it. Maybe this is something that you might have missed growing up but when people make bad decisions bad consequences can and do happen. When you choose to have a murderous thug for a baby daddy chances are bad things will eventually happen to you , or your family. It is tragic that Aiyana had to pay the ultimate price for her mothers stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2015, 11:27 AM
 
9,131 posts, read 5,684,368 times
Reputation: 5278
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The murderer got away with it. Did not get charged.

Oh wait, you were talking about the dude living in a completely different unit!! The unit that was supposed to be raided instead of the one the little girl was living in. The dude who got arrested and no one is defending. Ok, got it.

.
You mean the father of the victim , the one that was hiding out there ? Not only does he have to live with the guilt of murdering someone, causing his daughter to be killed, but he also got 40 years behind bars.

Aiyana Stanley-Jones' dad to spend 40 years in prison in murder case | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 01:47 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 2,579,110 times
Reputation: 3727
So someone provides a gun for a crime and gets 40 years. Cop accidentally (negligently) kills a 7 year old girl and walks free. Wasn't it enough that they killed the guys daughter??!! Sounds like they want him in prison where he can't make trouble for the SWAT team.

Once again, I'm waiting for a explanation as to why we need SWAT teams raiding civilians with grenades and sub machine guns? Especially with a TV crew in tow.

"We got the address wrong, sorry about your daughter's brains splatted all over your couch, but mistakes happen dude". OK boys, nothing to see here, back in the tank.

What kind of county has this become?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,601 posts, read 9,443,938 times
Reputation: 9211
White trash hoodlums are doing what the irresponsible baby daddy did in this scenario and much worse. The rain of insults continues because you hypocrites will never have to know that it could happen to one of yours. Because it wont. Police will not intentionally or not, fire upon white people. We have documented instances of police being hurt and even killed because they did not fire pre-emptively at white suspects. Black suspects are never given the benefit of the doubt. You have to comb the Internet and sift through years of true crime accounts to find instances of white trash hoodlums receiving the kind of police injustice that happens daily in the black community. White middle and upper class homeowners? Never. It just doesn't happen. Your doors will never fly open in the middle of the night from a booted foot... certainly not unless your house was the right one for such an action to take place. Your lawyer would have arranged your surrender and everything would be conducted to give you and your family all the privacy such a serious matter required. Even murder! Kid gloves all the way. So stop it with shoulda, woulda, coulda. We know that people shouldn't do bad things... ... alright? We get it. If that is all you have. Take it elsewhere. It's not working here. This is an indefensible shooting! Own it. Why can't you? Did you shoot her? Of course not. So why can't you say the officer ****** up? He did!
Black lives matter!

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 01:56 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 2,579,110 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
causing his daughter to be killed
What kind of twisted logic do you use to arrive at that conclusion.

Guess if your daughter is killed by a drunk driver, "you" still caused her to be killed because it was you who drove her home?

An innocent 7 year old girl took a bullet to the head and there is only ONE group responsible. Hint: it's the guys with the badges, grenades and sub machine guns.

It's blatantly obvious that this SWAT practice has to end. The ends do not justify the means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,601 posts, read 9,443,938 times
Reputation: 9211
Really... 40 years? How many years did the shooter get? That must be a record sentence for accessory murder. But then as I understand it there are some 3500 black men serving life sentences for shoplifting and misdemeanor possession in zero tolerance states. Black lives matter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
7,813 posts, read 5,374,696 times
Reputation: 9490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
White trash hoodlums are doing what the irresponsible baby daddy did in this scenario and much worse. The rain of insults continues because you hypocrites will never have to know that it could happen to one of yours. Because it wont. Police will not intentionally or not, fire upon white people. We have documented instances of police being hurt and even killed because they did not fire pre-emptively at white suspects. Black suspects are never given the benefit of the doubt. You have to comb the Internet and sift through years of true crime accounts to find instances of white trash hoodlums receiving the kind of police injustice that happens daily in the black community. White middle and upper class homeowners? Never. It just doesn't happen. Your doors will never fly open in the middle of the night from a booted foot... certainly not unless your house was the right one for such an action to take place. Your lawyer would have arranged your surrender and everything would be conducted to give you and your family all the privacy such a serious matter required. Even murder! Kid gloves all the way. So stop it with shoulda, woulda, coulda. We know that people shouldn't do bad things... ... alright? We get it. If that is all you have. Take it elsewhere. It's not working here. This is an indefensible shooting! Own it. Why can't you? Did you shoot her? Of course not. So why can't you say the officer ****** up? He did!
Black lives matter!

H
Oh hush with that. For crying out loud, I'm not white. You give us all a bad name.
First off, everyone here is pretty much admitting that the officer ******* up. It's even agreed that he definitely SHOULD have been charged.

Once again, BLACK LIVES MATTER, yes, which is why I raise my children PROPERLY, so that stupidness like this DOES NOT happen to us.
As a black child growing up, I was always taught to reach higher than average, because as a black youth, we were subject to stereotypes, and weren't expected to succeed. It was our job as individuals to rise above the challenge and become upstanding citizens.
Oddly enough, unlike Mr. Jones and Mr. Owens, I do not live in poverty in the ghetto, I do not have multiple felonies on my record (no record whatsoever), I do not live in fear of police barging into my home, I do not live in a tiny home shared with some 7 or so people... That is what Black Lives Matter should mean. We have a responsibility to do our utmost to be upstanding citizens, and to provide for our families in ways that WILL NOT expose them to police raids, gun-trotting felons, large, multi-parent split families.

By the way, there were 3 newsworthy raids (off the top of my head) on individual white criminals in rural Central FL recently that involved S.W.A.T., tanks, helicopters, and more. One involved a 25 year old guy who was on the run for violating his probation. When he was seen on a rooftop, a full on assault ensued. And yes, he was shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 02:09 PM
 
9,131 posts, read 5,684,368 times
Reputation: 5278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
So someone provides a gun for a crime and gets 40 years. Cop accidentally (negligently) kills a 7 year old girl and walks free. Wasn't it enough that they killed the guys daughter??!! Sounds like they want him in prison where he can't make trouble for the SWAT team.

Once again, I'm waiting for a explanation as to why we need SWAT teams raiding civilians with grenades and sub machine guns? Especially with a TV crew in tow.

"We got the address wrong, sorry about your daughter's brains splatted all over your couch, but mistakes happen dude". OK boys, nothing to see here, back in the tank.

What kind of county has this become?
Seems to be a common theme playing the blame game going on in this case. Let's get the facts out there.

Aiyana's father was a thug with a long rap sheet, and the fact that he had a firearm means he should have been in prison. So he provides an illegal firearm to another thug and that thug murders someone. Now Aiyana's mother and grandmother are well aware of this and still let him in the house with them, knowing full well this alone puts them all at risk. Yet you think they are free and clear of blame in this ? Unbelievable.

"Both Owens and Charles Jones had extensive criminal pasts. In 1995, Owens was charged with breaking and entering and faced charges for escaping from prison. In 2005, he was charged with unlawfully driving an automobile. Jones was charged in 2001 with two counts of unarmed robbery. In 2004, Jones was charged with fleeing and eluding police while driving a stolen vehicle. The charges were later dropped. Jones never actually spent time in jail, and instead cut a deal with prosecutors and was placed on probation"

As far as the actual events that took place you nor I have the details of what really transpired. 3 juries couldn't agree on a conviction so all we can do is go with that.

Who's really to blame here ? Maybe it is the system, scumbag lawyers cutting deals and letting thugs back out on the street. Had he been in prison, where he belonged this would not have happened, had Aiyana's mom wised up and not put herself and her daughter in the thug life this would not have happened. Yet you focus on the LEO's putting themselves at risk everyday to make the city safer as the blame.
This is a perfect example of why we don't need more laws, what we need is to enforce the ones we have and not let laywers bargain their thug defendants out of prison.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 02-24-2015 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 02:12 PM
 
9,131 posts, read 5,684,368 times
Reputation: 5278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
What kind of twisted logic do you use to arrive at that conclusion.

Guess if your daughter is killed by a drunk driver, "you" still caused her to be killed because it was you who drove her home?

An innocent 7 year old girl took a bullet to the head and there is only ONE group responsible. Hint: it's the guys with the badges, grenades and sub machine guns.

It's blatantly obvious that this SWAT practice has to end. The ends do not justify the means.
You just can't see it can you. They (LEO) would not have been there had they not been pursuing murderers (baby daddy and his friend), it's as simple as that. Thug life can be dangerous to you and your family. It's not a safe profession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 02:20 PM
 
8,221 posts, read 6,048,440 times
Reputation: 10590
Well, gee.. If you're going to issue open challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Source. Whenever you make a claim like this, link a source, because the original article does NOT state that.

The wiki page states that it was a duplex and the man was apprehended on the upper floor. Duplexes are usually side by side units, so the upper floor is part of the same unit. The houses are split into right and left sides, not top and bottom.

Don't post "facts" that are incorrect. Do your research first.
What Killed Aiyana Stanley-Jones? | Mother Jones

Quote:
IT WAS JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT on the morning of May 16 and the neighbors say the streetlights were out on Lillibridge Street. It is like that all over Detroit, where whole blocks regularly go dark with no warning or any apparent pattern. Inside the lower unit of a duplex halfway down the gloomy street, Charles Jones, 25, was pacing, unable to sleep.
'She was only a baby': last charge dropped in police raid that killed sleeping Detroit child | US news | The Guardian

Quote:
The home was the target of a midnight Swat-style operation designed to arrest her uncle who was living in the apartment upstairs and was the main suspect in the murder of a teenager a couple days before.
Detroit cop Joseph Weekley filmed moments before he shot dead sleeping girl has all charges dropped | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Officers were after Chauncey Owens, who an informant said was to blame for the murder of 17-year-old Je'Rean Blake Nobles days before.
Instead they stormed the apartment where Charles Jones and his family were.
Duplexes are, indeed, normally side by side.. But, There is nothing normal about this situation.

New York City, I believe, has a fair number of those upstairs/downstairs duplexes as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top