Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 07:08 PM

421 posts, read 410,630 times

Advertisements

They are not even good lies AND WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? IDIOTS! These men have ruined their own lives for nothing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 07:12 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
I wish he wouldn't have lied, but I thought it was more of a casual conversation piece than anything. He was trying to relate to the guy he was talking to. He probably forgot there were cameras present. We have no idea if he lied when it really counted. I bet if you checked his CV it wouldn't say he was in the special forces. Anyway, I don't think he should lose his job over it.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:25 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Special Forces have been around a lot longer than the 70s, a lot longer. There is no special forces in the US Military, there are "Special Forces" a distinct group and there are special operations forces, they are not the same and once being informed of the difference, continuing to confuse the two illustrates an unwillingness to accept facts. LRRP were not considered Special Forces. The same is for MACV SOG although SF were at times attached to them or operated within them and that might be the source of the confusion. Anyone who has any meaningful purpose in life usually takes some care and holds some dignity in their vocation, job or service. Calling a technician a mechanic is really dumb if you know the difference and if you don't, not learning the difference is the same thing.
I never said anything about the duration of special forces so it appear rather stupid for you to make that statement above. You a MACV-SOG member? Because I actually have met a few and Rangers from Korea and they were considered unique and special forces in their day. They operated behind enemylines, Cambodia and North Korea respectively. I do recall how Ranger training was depicted in the late 70s as well and it was a Commando training or special forces.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-25-2015 at 07:37 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 08:39 AM

100 posts, read 93,690 times
I guess this is why so many of Obama's team refuses to testify about things like the IRS scandal, the Benghazi scandal, the new FCC rules, the Fast & Furious scandal, and after 6 years the State Department's Keystone XL pipeline report. It is how they prevent lying to us.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:46 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,621,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Secretary of the VA lied about serving in Special Forces. U.S. Veterans secretary apologizes for misstating military service: ABC News

The liar said he "misstated". Ah, no... he lied. Time to start calling liars what they are, liars.
There are two kinds of people in this world - liars, and people who have not been publicly caught in a lie... Yet.

And the worst of the bunch are those who demonize 'liars' to show how pure they themselves are.

Newsflash: You aren't fooling anyone.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:20 PM

339 posts, read 334,240 times
I work for the VA here in Prescott, AZ. I am a Navy submarine veteran.

I read all about his quote. And it doesn't really bother me. After all, he was an Airborne Ranger--which can actually be construed as Special Forces in some circles. And he was trying to connect with a homeless man of the same background in a casual off-the-record setting. Williams has instigated some good policy that is helping us get more homeless vets off the streets.

I believe the man really cares and I will give him a pass for his mistake in light of the good he has done and seems intent on continuing to do. Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited by Der Vogel; 02-26-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 08:01 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Faux even has a few liars on board....

Old 02-28-2015, 08:05 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Bush lied about Iraq, I don't see the right getting upset. A liar is a liar right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events