U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:43 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,405,387 times

Advertisements

Actually... you have my apology.. I was carrying on a conversation with several mj advocates in multi-threads///

You are correct.. so let me add that post here.. BC is blood content

States have been struggling with impairment... but 5 nanograms in the blood THC is shaping up to be the per se standard many legislatures are looking at. As field testing gets better and survives court challenges active residual smoke in the lungs.. say within the last hour may come into the matrix... but for now 5 ngm BC will be the standard ... for those of you that are heavy smokers and display goofy driving you too may get a DUI... even though you didnt toke just before or while driving

We regularly see mj drivers now actively smoking... because of their recommendations they feel its a get out of jail for free card... its no different than being on any drug that impairs driving

No keys when you say pass the joint please...
Let's habitate before we recreate

Fifty percent of DUI self reporting arrestees in my area state they use mj with alcohol when they recreate.... up from about 10 percent just several years ago...some of this is less fear to self report some of it is expanded mj use... none of that is positive

If you note my signature about 16000 joints.. that's the allowable amount for one person per year in California,my county, based upon minimal grow opportunities... to self produce...to smoke that much you would need to smoke constantly ... and many people do... as states recoil on how to deal with a whole host of people stoned is it no wonder there is push back ...

Alaska will struggle like other states as potheads eventually become an issue to be dealt with.. whether its impairment... socially ill and inept now stoned... attraction of people whose life pursuit is to live an existence tied to drugs... none of this is good... will it be major.. who knows.. Alaska struggles with alcoholism and native Americans.. will pot be far behind... who knows

As far as environmental damage... what you assert has proven not to be the case.. what we call granny 12 plant.. (the legal amount one person can now grow in my county) have proven in more cases than not to grow irresponsibly.. water use power use pesticide and herbicide use.. damming of streams stealing water.. these are acts not of narco terrorists but of regular citizens in search of the magic high

I cannot believe how out of touch you are with whats really happening on the front lines of pot....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 09:08 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,037,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Actually... you have my apology.. I was carrying on a conversation with several mj advocates in multi-threads///

You are correct.. so let me add that post here.. BC is blood content

States have been struggling with impairment... but 5 nanograms in the blood THC is shaping up to be the per se standard many legislatures are looking at. As field testing gets better and survives court challenges active residual smoke in the lungs.. say within the last hour may come into the matrix... but for now 5 ngm BC will be the standard ... for those of you that are heavy smokers and display goofy driving you too may get a DUI... even though you didnt toke just before or while driving

We regularly see mj drivers now actively smoking... because of their recommendations they feel its a get out of jail for free card... its no different than being on any drug that impairs driving

No keys when you say pass the joint please...
Let's habitate before we recreate

Fifty percent of DUI self reporting arrestees in my area state they use mj with alcohol when they recreate.... up from about 10 percent just several years ago...some of this is less fear to self report some of it is expanded mj use... none of that is positive

If you note my signature about 16000 joints.. that's the allowable amount for one person per year in California,my county, based upon minimal grow opportunities... to self produce...to smoke that much you would need to smoke constantly ... and many people do... as states recoil on how to deal with a whole host of people stoned is it no wonder there is push back ...

Alaska will struggle like other states as potheads eventually become an issue to be dealt with.. whether its impairment... socially ill and inept now stoned... attraction of people whose life pursuit is to live an existence tied to drugs... none of this is good... will it be major.. who knows.. Alaska struggles with alcoholism and native Americans.. will pot be far behind... who knows

As far as environmental damage... what you assert has proven not to be the case.. what we call granny 12 plant.. (the legal amount one person can now grow in my county) have proven in more cases than not to grow irresponsibly.. water use power use pesticide and herbicide use.. damming of streams stealing water.. these are acts not of narco terrorists but of regular citizens in search of the magic high

I cannot believe how out of touch you are with whats really happening on the front lines of pot....

You mentioned environmental damage from growing cannabis. What about the environmental damage from run off caused by farmers using pesticides, herbicide, and fertilizer? Look up the algae blooms that have been a huge issue in Lake Erie's western basin the past couple of years. In fact last year, Toledo area residents at one point were told not to drink water out of their taps.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:11 AM

463 posts, read 257,619 times
Quote:
none of this is good... will it be major.. who knows..
Well well. A glimmer of hope. This statement means you admit there is a chance that it will be minor. Since that is the case, how can such draconian laws be justified? Are we now in the habit now of criminalizing any behavior that MIGHT be major?

Quote:
Alaska struggles with alcoholism and native Americans.. will pot be far behind... who knows
Very true, although it is not limited to Alaska. And as we all know, prohibition, even though it was put into place by well intentioned people with a logical and just cause, did not work! As is the case currently with cannabis prohibition.

Quote:
Baloney! 99.9% of all responsible cannabis users that live in states where it is legal purchase it from dispensaries or grow their own. The dispensaries grow indoor or in outdoor greenhouses under careful government supervision. People who grow their own, grow indoors, using modest amounts of power. Remember, the folks I'm talking about here are the 99.9% of the population that you never encounter. To insinuate that "more cases than not" involve damming streams or otherwise involve irresponsible behavior is simply ludicrous. Another telling statement.

Quote:
Right back at you!

You are NOT on the front lines of pot. You are on the front lines of all kinds of criminals who also happen to have some in their possession. The actual front lines of pot are in the mainstream public. They have been there for decades and you don't ever see them. In some states that front line has shifted to legally run dispensaries.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:26 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,405,387 times
Wow,, reality.. you are out of touch... I wonder where you live.. Im in the emerald triangle...

Here.. just a random sample for you

The Landscape-Scarring, Energy-Sucking, Wildlife-Killing Reality of Pot Farming | Mother Jones

Green But Not Green: How Pot Farms Trash the Environment - SPONSORED CONTENT presented by University of California

Is Pot-Growing Bad for the Environment? | The Nation

Pot Growers Destroying National Forests | Marijuana Growing Operations in California | Marijuana Growers, National Forests and Parks & Environmental Impacts

Health hazards of indoor pot grows - Dr. Christian Thurstone

Yum..love the bacteria!!! in the last one

PGE estimates that the typical pot indoor grow consumes more than six times the energy of that of a four person family... hey those 3000 dollar a month electrical bills are just a tiny clue that something might be going on.. ya think

What do I really hope for
Change of schedule
Strict legalization and controls for medical type
Medicinal properties thoroughly vetted and legitimized..gold standard fully funded study FDA approval IF WARRANTED (which by the way is the recommendation of most of the legitimate medical community)
Monsanto and Con agra to grow with all the safeguards in place
Heavily taxed and regulated
Do away with "dispensaries" run by unlicensed unqualified people

What I wont go for
More of the same here in California.. which is why we put an ordinance in place to control growing... it was crafted by both sides and voted on... it addresses no perfectly mind you.. some of the issues I raise while giving the patients their high..

Now.. I have to go to work.. will you be lighting one up now?

Old 02-24-2015, 09:37 AM

463 posts, read 257,619 times
Quote:
Yum..love the bacteria!!! in the last one
That's actually pretty funny!

The problem with studies is that they can be made to say anything depending on who is funding them.

Quote:
PGE estimates that the typical pot indoor grow consumes more than six times the energy of that of a four person family... hey those 3000 dollar a month electrical bills are just a tiny clue that something might be going on.. ya think
Oh really? That's interesting, because I grow my own and my highest electric bill of the year comes in at just under $150.00. Sorry, but that is just reality. Would you like me to scan my electric bills as proof? The only way you get a $3000/mo electric bill is if you are growing WAY over the legal limit.

Quote:
Now.. I have to go to work.. will you be lighting one up now?
Well, if you are referring to a joint, no. That is not my preferred method.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:40 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,143,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Does anyone else see the glaring problem here? Traffic accidents are actually becoming LESS of a problem. But he aims to change that through testing. In other words, if the problems go away, CREATE them instead.
Indeed.

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
Quote:
I wish I didn't have to worry about criminals.
Really? You wish you were out of a job?

Crime is one thing. Someone responsibly using a substance for their own enjoyment and not violating anyone else? Not a criminal.
Quote:
Attacking someone whose life is focused on keeping people safe vs. pursuit of a drug that's numbs conscious behavior?
I really doubt Vistaian has ever destroyed someone's life. I think you probably have. This is not difficult. The War on Drugs is immoral, and you're a stormtrooper in that war.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 02-24-2015 at 10:01 AM..

Old 02-24-2015, 09:58 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,143,748 times
Quote:
As I have clearly stated many times... as testing gets better we will see a huge increase in mj DUI...
Quote:
...for those of you that are heavy smokers and display goofy driving you too may get a DUI... even though you didnt toke just before or while driving...
This is all dollar signs in your eyes, isn't it? Cannabis metabolites tend to be present in the body for a longer period than some other molecules - this opens up nice potential revenue streams that it is hoped will offset the loss of revenue and the uselessness as cannabis legalization spreads across the country.

Fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "goofy driving" but we have laws against wreckless driving already. Enforce those. And if someone is under some influence but not exhibiting any "goofy driving" then perhaps you should leave them alone. I have this feeling you want more, though. I have a feeling you aim to take advantage of the fact that cannabis sticks around after psychoactive effects have ceased.
Quote:
I cannot believe how out of touch you are with what's really happening on the front lines of pot...
The front lines? Such melodrama. Bring it down a notch. I know more cannabis users than non-cannabis users (factoring in occasional users). Good people, responsible people, parents, people in all types of careers, etc.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:18 AM

20,227 posts, read 16,436,846 times
Quote:
I don't see it... forbes has never been on a ride along with me

As I have clearly stated many times... as testing gets better we will see a huge increase in mj DUI... one problem... they tend to use other drugs as well... hmmm which poison to test for....

Currently I can test for DUI alcohol.. book and write in about 60 minutes being very efficient...a blood draw means double that on a good day

Once we have a reliable mj field test watch the stats...every DUI is a potential murderer with a 4000 pound bullet off the street !
"They" tend to use other drugs? What you don't seem to get is that "they" are me, and people like me...a 53 year old white professional, and I can assure you That aside from the occasional Lunesta when I can't sleep I don't do any other drugs and neither do most recreational mj users. "They" are the same people who have a glass of wine to relax after work, except we choose mj over wine.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-24-2015 at 11:09 AM..

Old 02-24-2015, 10:23 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,037,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
"They" tend to use other drugs? What you don't seem to get is that "they" are me, and people like me...a 53 year old white professional, and I can assure you That aside from the occasional Lunesta when I can't sleep I don't do any other drugs and neither do most recreational mm users. "They" are the same people who have a glass of wine to relax after work, except we choose mm over wine.

I'm not above a couple of beers along with it, and a cigarette myself, but that is about the extent of it for me. With weed and alcohol at least for the most part you know what you're getting, with the other crap... not so much! I have no desire nor have I ever had the desire to experiment with other stuff.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:29 AM

8,199 posts, read 6,088,988 times
The Alaska situation is not nearly as clear-cut as in Colorado. My understanding is the commerce side of the legalization hasn't really been addressed at all. In other words, there is going to be a giant fight about how to decriminalize or regulate sales. Whereas the social liberals will probably favor dispensaries in the vein of Colorado, the social conservatives will try to use the commercial issue as a bottleneck.

It will be interesting to see how the legislation and regulations shake out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events