U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 07:42 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,752,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
It would be hard to grow outside in the winter don't you think?

So.. now they will allow six plants per person.... past marijuana practice will show that dopers will not comply ninety percent of the time ., you will see daddy six plant growing warehouses of the stuff., same thing that happened here.,, which required severe restrictions during pushback .... people who use drugs will lie almost every time

What we will see is some doper migration to Alaska . .. thank god... take some pressure off other grow states inundated with low life's seeking drugs as an existence.., more dangerous are the criminal entrepreneurs . ..

The same thing will happen there .. environmental pollution . ... exorbitant resource use... more addiction and abuse problems ... more mj dui... how much?.... it remains to be seen

I cannot believe how blinded people are by the use of a mind altering drug.. it does not create peaceful behavior . .. note all the demanding and threatening posts on here by pro druggies... when it equates to real life it means dope rips...cartel like growing behavior... and a drug fueled destruction ...

Those who seek it will do anything to have it

More job security....

Are you sure about that? Because I have to tell you, I would NEVER move to Alaska! Period! It's too damn cold, and I live in a cold enough place here in the winter as it is! Secondly, I wouldn't up and move to any other state with legal cannabis just because they have legal cannabis without a solid plan of action in place. You know, such as a job, a place to live...ect... Being older and wiser now, that isn't a logical course of action, now is it? See some of us aren't in a smoke filled haze, and think quite clearly. In fact, many of us do. So, in short, I'll stay in my state where it is currently illegal but decriminalized to a degree. You have to actually have a lot here to be considered a serious offense, and small amounts are more or less a slap on the wrist. I mean, it may still be illegal, but it's quite readily available if I really want to get it. Though, I don't think prohibition will last much longer. Sooner or later it will be rescheduled, and the ban lifted on a federal level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
How do YOU know this.?
You do NOT.

It is only a guess.

Please don't say as if you know, because YOU do not.
You can speculate, guess.
But do NOT know.

This is all unchartered waters

What happened when prohibition of alcohol was implemented? It brough us bootlegging, and the likes of Al Capone as well as a huge black market, which is what happens when you prohibit something. What happened when prohibition of alcohol was repealed? It put a huge dent in the black market and the crime surrounding alcohol use, possession, and distribution. History is your friend, and those who don't learn from it are doomed to repeat it. I choose to learn from the failures in history such as prohibition, so as to not repeat the same past mistakes. Though it seems there are still people who haven't.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:11 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,556,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Rescheduling on the federal level (as you have alluded to on this thread) and legalizing would go a long way in ending the crime and black market activities surrounding cannabis. Will there still be some issues? Sure. Even when prohibition of alcohol ended there were, and still are issues with abuse, addiction (though cannabis is not proven to be physically addictive) and people acting irresponsibly such as driving under the influence. However; overall there will be less crime, and less black market activity as it will be legitimate to purchase (with age restrictions of course) and the millions more responsible users won't have to worry about legal trouble for simply having possession or smoking a joint. The ending of prohibition does have to happen on a FEDERAL LEVEL for this to happen, otherwise; you're still going to see black market activity such as folks smuggling legal cannabis out of places like Colorado to surrounding states where it is illegal!
Quote:
How do YOU know this.?
You do NOT.

It is only a guess.

Please don't say as if you know, because YOU do not.
You can speculate, guess.
But do NOT know.

This is all unchartered waters
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
What happened when prohibition of alcohol was implemented? It brough us bootlegging, and the likes of Al Capone as well as a huge black market, which is what happens when you prohibit something. What happened when prohibition of alcohol was repealed? It put a huge dent in the black market and the crime surrounding alcohol use, possession, and distribution. History is your friend, and those who don't learn from it are doomed to repeat it. I choose to learn from the failures in history such as prohibition, so as to not repeat the same past mistakes. Though it seems there are still people who haven't.

There are several different angles and out reaches from pot than alcohol.

You have the Mexican etc drug cartels.

You have drugs that go up from pot.
You do not have alchohol that goes up from alchohol.

From 20/20 I believe it was.
They did a show on pot and Colorado a year later.

Pot is being sold at a lower cost.
Drug cartels in Colorado are lowering their price.
Drug cartels are getting craftier on how to sell it.

Do you or does anyone think the drug cartel is going to loose money? They are not nice people.
I can't help but wonder if they will push their harder drugs more. or put more mixtures of chemicals in their pot.
And market more to our children even though they already are.
They will keep their business' going.

So, history here with compared to alchohol and Al Capone really is comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:21 AM

419 posts, read 1,009,963 times
Quote:
I am sickened everyday with these people that want what they want and want it now and the heck with the good for all.
Like it or not, we live in a Democracy which means the majority rules. Nationwide you are being out numbered by people who do not have the same thought process and/or belief system as you. You are being out voted on the issue of criminalizing the use of THC.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
There are several different angles and out reaches from pot than alcohol.

No there isn't. Prohibition is prohibition! You are criminalizing a certain activity, and by doing so creating a black market and in essence creating more crime!

You have the Mexican etc drug cartels.

Mexican weed is dirt weed. In fact the largest cash crop in the US is cannabis and yet it is illegal! Everybody knows the best stuff is grown right here in the US and Canada due to the method of sophistication!

You have drugs that go up from pot.
You do not have alchohol that goes up from alchohol.

Cannabis is also found to be less damaging to the mind and body than alcohol. Are you trying to sell me on the BS cannabis is the "gateway" drug? Because I'm living proof that it's not!

From 20/20 I believe it was.
They did a show on pot and Colorado a year later.

Pot is being sold at a lower cost.
Drug cartels in Colorado are lowering their price.
Drug cartels are getting craftier on how to sell it.

And why is that? Because it is still illegal under federal law! Not to mention it is not legal in surrounding states!

Do you or does anyone think the drug cartel is going to loose money? They are not nice people.
I can't help but wonder if they will push their harder drugs more. or put more mixtures of chemicals in their pot.
And market more to our children even though they already are.
They will keep their business' going.

It is prohibition and our "war on drugs" that keeps the cartels alive and well. End the federal ban, treat it like alcohol, and you will see it harder for kids to get. The war on weed is a failure and has ruined more lives than the substance itself! I'm not interested in criminalizing folks who want to smoke weed from time to time to wind down, as in what people do when drinking a glass of wine or two to do so.

So, history here with compared to alchohol and Al Capone really is comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.
Well, you're right about that. It is your opinion. History on the other hand has shown us otherwise.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:38 AM

10,678 posts, read 4,317,191 times
Quote:
Exactly, jburress!
Even steal and commit crimes!!

Thank you for pointing that out
They were poking at points from notmeofficer, you might want to re-read what you think you are agreeing with.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 AM

10,678 posts, read 4,317,191 times
Quote:

It is really sad how this selfish greed filled people in this society is growing like a virus.
They don't care about much of anything else rather than what they want. And the heck with others.
Greed is usually a downfall and destruction of society in the end.

This greed and self absorbed agenda will never allow some to see the whole picture.

I know I will never see and totally understand what you see in the depths of the tentacles that pot has in your line of work. Where it reaches to and what it does.

But, I grew up being taught to respect others professions.

And I am rest assured you know what you are talking about. Even if I can't imagine the true depths of it.

I am sickened everyday with these people that want what they want and want it now and the heck with the good for all.
Greed can be the downfall of society, but do you think people who want to lift the ban of cannabis are more greedy than the politicians that are scamming the economy? More greedy than Bernie Madoff? More greedy than the Koch Brothers? More greedy than a number of corporations that will fleece you ANY chance they get? C'mon.

The only thing stopping you from seeing the whole picture is your own unwillingness and ability to look beyond your preconceived fallacies. Anyone can open their mind, at any time, it's called free will.

You say you'll never know where it reaches and what it does, so stop acting like you do know.

What about growing up to just respect people in general? No one is forcing you to consume cannabis. No one is putting a gun to your head to make you do something you don't want to do. Don't like cannabis, FINE, don't do it, pretty simple. Why does it matter to you so much what someone decides to do in the privacy of their own home, to their own body? How is that effecting you?

Alaska is progressing by approaching the cannabis issue with an informed and pragmatic stance. Note, personal possession has been legal since the 70's there, and the sky hasn't fallen.
As more and more people realize that the government has been pulling the wool over their eyes for generations, more and more are coming to a sane, rational conclusion: Cannabis should be handled like alcohol, taxed and regulated. I'll stand on my side, the right side of history.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:12 AM

463 posts, read 248,389 times
Quote:
Now you are the one that appears to be red-faced and pounding on the podium.

Listen to you. "The heck with the good for all". Now you are the one who sounds like she knows what she's talking about, even though you admit no one really knows, and even though you admonish others who sound like they know what they are talking about.

And for each day you want to wait to see, more and more lives are ruined. EVERYDAY. Now, pick up the paper and see if you can find any stories of how cannabis ruined their life. Why can't you see how wrong it is to continue the destruction while you think we should wait?

Well, no matter. Get ready to get even more red-faced and pound on the podium even more. It becomes legal tomorrow in DC:

Marijuana Becomes Legal in D.C. Thursday at Midnight -- Unless Congress Steps In | NBC4 Washington

As you already know, I'm sure, that Oregon is on board too. And more is on the way.

Now I'm getting worried about you stroking out.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:19 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,556,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

The only thing stopping you from seeing the whole picture is your own unwillingness and ability to look beyond your preconceived fallacies. Anyone can open their mind, at any time, it's called free will.

. I'll stand on my side, the right side of history.

The self absorption is astounding

Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 AM

2,760 posts, read 2,658,458 times
One day, the folks that sell weed in the park, will sell it legally !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events