Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:37 AM

463 posts, read 319,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
One day, the folks that sell weed in the park, will sell it legally !
Well, only if they are highly government regulated and highly taxed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,163,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Wow,, reality.. you are out of touch... I wonder where you live.. Im in the emerald triangle...

Here.. just a random sample for you

The Landscape-Scarring, Energy-Sucking, Wildlife-Killing Reality of Pot Farming | Mother Jones

Green But Not Green: How Pot Farms Trash the Environment - SPONSORED CONTENT presented by University of California

Is Pot-Growing Bad for the Environment? | The Nation

Pot Growers Destroying National Forests | Marijuana Growing Operations in California | Marijuana Growers, National Forests and Parks & Environmental Impacts

Health hazards of indoor pot grows - Dr. Christian Thurstone

Yum..love the bacteria!!! in the last one

PGE estimates that the typical pot indoor grow consumes more than six times the energy of that of a four person family... hey those 3000 dollar a month electrical bills are just a tiny clue that something might be going on.. ya think

What do I really hope for
Change of schedule
Strict legalization and controls for medical type
Medicinal properties thoroughly vetted and legitimized..gold standard fully funded study FDA approval IF WARRANTED (which by the way is the recommendation of most of the legitimate medical community)
Monsanto and Con agra to grow with all the safeguards in place
Heavily taxed and regulated
Do away with "dispensaries" run by unlicensed unqualified people

What I wont go for
More of the same here in California.. which is why we put an ordinance in place to control growing... it was crafted by both sides and voted on... it addresses no perfectly mind you.. some of the issues I raise while giving the patients their high..

Now.. I have to go to work.. will you be lighting one up now?

Pot has been growing for centuries...wonder why it just started becoming harmful to the environment? Propaganda anyone?

Old 02-25-2015, 09:06 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,507,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Pot has been growing for centuries...wonder why it just started becoming harmful to the environment? Propaganda anyone?
Not in green houses as manufactured in large quanities

Old 02-25-2015, 09:10 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,188,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Not in green houses as manufactured in large quanities
Yeah, rolling fields and mountain sides aren't large quantities.

I believe what notmeofficer is more referring to is illegal grows on federal lands, which I am also against.

Indoor grows are FAR more easy to supply, monitor and operate.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:10 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,257,537 times
Quote:
Narcotics use... trafficking... destruction of the environment... child abuse...and every other crime associated with marijuana.... is real crime
Child abuse? I don't know anyone who uses cannabis who commits crimes because of cannabis. Most of them are just normal people. I do know a couple of people who have done or do "crime" here and there but the use of cannabis is not a factor in that. I don't hurt anyone. I'm conscientious. Do you think I should be locked up because I enjoy cannabis every now and then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Weed will not reduce accidents once they can test how high you are.
I don't know what to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Sativas=Higher energy, more peppy, want to go go out and do something/clean the house/go on a hike.

Indicas= more of what prohibitionist think of, couch lock, slower, more laid back, more mellow. more full body experience.
Exactly. I've noticed a MARKED difference between a strain I had last year which was obviously more on the Sativa side, and one I obtained last month which feels much more like an Indacouch. I much prefer the Sativa variety myself. Great headspace and energy. I enjoy writing, drawing or painting, and playing music a lot more on the Sativa type.
Quote:
I cannot believe how blinded people are by the use of a mind altering drug... it does not create peaceful behavior.. .. note all the demanding and threatening posts on here by pro druggies...
Oh what threatening posts? The one where I called you an immoral stormtrooper? I can't believe how blinded YOU are by what has been programmed into you and by your paycheck. But please continue, as these posts are providing great "shaking my head" enjoyment to not just me but a few others I've forwarded your quotes to.

Also, what is wrong with temporarily, safely altering the mind a bit? Do you think there's something unethical about this? Do decent people stay in the exact same status quo headspace at all times? I try to alter my mind EVERY DAY. Most of the time it doesn't involve exogenous chemicals. Sometimes it does.
Quote:
Those who seek it will do anything to have it.
Let me ask you this: who are you to say somebody shouldn't have something that they want? Who are you to say I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy one of the finer things in life in a responsible way, not wronging ANYONE else, in my home, from time to time?

My girlfriend has a cop friend we'll call Katie. Katie doesn't use cannabis. But she's planning to retire from the force in the next couple of years and we've told her we'll get her baked after that. Katie's looking forward to it.

Why shouldn't she be? It's kind of an interesting, neat experience. Nothing wrong with it.
Quote:
More job security....
Maybe for a while. Eventually you might have to actually stop trying to ruin lives and go after actual crime, though, right?

Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
PJA

Quote:
Exactly, jburress!
Even steal and commit crimes!!

Thank you for pointing that out
So should we outlaw food, money, clothes...anything that people can't live without and so they decide to steal?

Old 02-25-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
So yes. A wild eyed leftist pothead.
Reason is more libertarian / civil liberties. National Review? WSJ?

I'm not sure what the point of your post was or what "side" you were on.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 AM
PJA

Quote:
How do YOU know this.?
You do NOT.

It is only a guess.

Please don't say as if you know, because YOU do not.
You can speculate, guess.
But do NOT know.

This is all unchartered waters
Because most people will buy it legally instead of to their local black market dealer. Common sense...

Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Could you say what is being progressed?
The liberty to enjoy something relatively harmless that's been used for thousands of years without some government thugs destroying your life?

Old 02-25-2015, 10:22 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,507,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
So should we outlaw food, money, clothes...anything that people can't live without and so they decide to steal?
oh my
This is what we are suppose to debate with?
You can live without dope.
You cannot live without food, and protection from clothing in some environments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events